USMC To Adopt Modular Handgun System - Page 3

USMC To Adopt Modular Handgun System

This is a discussion on USMC To Adopt Modular Handgun System within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HotBrass45 The Army probably bought brand new ones and transferred all the busted-ass ones to the Marines. They probably weren't busted the ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: USMC To Adopt Modular Handgun System

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    The Army probably bought brand new ones and transferred all the busted-ass ones to the Marines.
    They probably weren't busted the army just doesn't know how to shoot them. If there is a problem with them the Marines will let you know. There is nothing Marine proof!
    LimaCharlie, OD*, Instymp and 2 others like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    They probably weren't busted the army just doesn't know how to shoot them. If there is a problem with them the Marines will let you know. There is nothing Marine proof!
    Hmmmm, when I was a soldier in Uncle Sams ARMY/military, I kind of got this feeling that we were all on the same side?
    Anyway, It's a toss up between the M-17 BRAVO, or the NITRON CARRY. I'm going to call a few indoor ranges and see if they have both of these so I can rent them to decide.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/products/fi.../pistols/p320/
    The anticipation of death is worse than death itself!

Roscoe: What are you smoking/drinking? A friend of mine in the 7th Special forces has been telling me all kinds of horror stories about the M17. From my understanding, it's been a complete failure. Improvement on the M9A1, my ass. Period. They should have stayed with the M9, Period.
    OD* and matthew03 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSW5906 View Post
    Hmmmm, when I was a soldier in Uncle Sams ARMY/military, I kind of got this feeling that we were all on the same side?
    Anyway, It's a toss up between the M-17 BRAVO, or the NITRON CARRY. I'm going to call a few indoor ranges and see if they have both of these so I can rent them to decide.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/products/fi.../pistols/p320/

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...-system-3.html
    We are on the same side. Its just like always the Army starts something and the Marines have to finish it. LOL.
    OD*, G-man* and Pete63 like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    We are on the same side. Its just like always the Army starts something and the Marines have to finish it. LOL.
    Okay, the Marines chose the Glock, the ARMY chose the SIG. The Marines decided to ditch the the Glock and go with the SIG. They don't need a side arm. Remember, someone earlier in this thread even stated that the Marines don't need sidearms. LOL!

Here's the video I mentioned earlier

OD* likes this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis40x View Post
    The 2019 Marines Corps Association & Foundation calendar just arrived, the cover maybe of interest. With that said the April 2019 page " A Force Reconnaissance Marine with the Maritime Raid Force, 31 Marine Expeditionary Unit, clears a ledge before climbing over in Guam, Feb 1 2018, during Visit, Board, and Search training" the weapon shown is a 1911 series pistol with mounted light.

Apparently not all 1911 Colt Mfg. series pistols have been gotten rid of and the Glock G19 pistols will be apparently kept also to supplement the new SIG pistol.
    That warms my heart.

Our boys would do well to go back the M1911A1. I would imagine an M1911A2 with ambi controls, 8 round magazine, a weather resistant finish, night sights, a light rail, improved traction grips, would make an incredible updated gun. That or just make the Colt's M45A1 CQBP setting the set standard for all of DOD.

Read up on the likes of Sgt. Alvin C. York and his work with the M1911 during The Great War. I just don't see him being able to do that with ANY 9mm... some of these modern guns are a pile of plastic and nothing more. The M1911 is and will always be the world's supreme fighting handgun!

JD
    Administrator
    The fact that every 1911 platform gun in recent history has been replaced or is in process of being replaced by something else is telling.

MEUSOC ditched their Springers and Colts, MARSOC ditched their Kimbers. Pretty sure Delta went to Glock a while back, even after giving a 2011 platform a try.

Even the UK has gone to issuing Glocks to their GIs.

Alvin York with twice the capacity of a 1911 probably could have killed 15 Germans and captured 10000.

The anti plastic argument just doesn't hold up to logical scrutiny.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    The fact that every 1911 platform gun in recent history has been replaced or is in process of being replaced by something else is telling.

MEUSOC ditched their Springers and Colts, MARSOC ditched their Kimbers. Pretty sure Delta went to Glock a while back, even after giving a 2011 platform a try.

Alvin York with twice the capacity of a 1911 probably could have killed 15 Germans and captured 10000.

The anti plastic argument just doesn't hold up to logical scrutiny.

After reading your post about the 1911, I started thinking about the recent CMP 1911 program. From what I understand, in order to purchase one, you have to do all kind of silly pet tricks. Has anyone here ordered one of these?

1911 Information - Civilian Marksmanship ProgramCivilian Marksmanship Program
    MMinSC likes this.

JD
    Administrator
    After reading your post about the 1911, I started thinking about the recent CMP 1911 program. From what I understand, in order to purchase one, you have to do all kind of silly pet tricks. Has anyone here ordered one of these?

I already have a USGI 1911A1 :)

JD, I just found a thread already about the CMP 1911 program. Please delete these 2 threads. Sorry.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    I already have a USGI 1911A1 :)

And a very nice one at that.
    JD likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

The OP link to the article was dead so I didnít see what was mentioned, but I thought the USMC is going with the M18.

Makes sense for the British army to use a Glock. Have they ever fielded a decent domestic sidearm? I think it is because of the European mindset that handguns are just for aristocratic officers to use for shooting their own soldiers. Look at what they issued for WWI and WWII, fine for shooting a private that won't go over the wall but not what you would want in a trench fight.
    OD* likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Not me. I'm not that nostalgic to play that game.
    CajunSW5906 and OD* like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links