What gun for home defense. - Page 7

What gun for home defense.

This is a discussion on What gun for home defense. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Chuck R. Here we go again...... You probably should do some research concerning .223/5.56 "over penetration". I'll help you out a little ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: What gun for home defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    Here we go again......

You probably should do some research concerning .223/5.56 "over penetration". I'll help you out a little bit:[/url]
    I ain't goin' anywhere with you.

You do what you think is right for you.

I'll go with I know to be factual.

Let me help you out a little bit: learn difference of knowledge, belief, and opinion. That why you'll be able to discern difference between entertainment (gun magazines) and facts. While you're on your quest for knowledge, you might want to research gun take aways. It ain't difficult to have a gun taken from you before you realized you've been disarmed if a bad guy has had training.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    http://www.vikingtactics.com/

Kyle owns/offers training to LEO's as well as military.
    In what state is Kyle POST approved to train cops?

This sounds like BS to me. Cops are trained ONLY in POST approved courses. I've never heard of a private entity training professional law enforcement officers in tactical firearms.

https://post.ca.gov/

His carefully worded advertisement of, "...offers training to LEO's..." is deceiving. If he his deceiving, it would destroy credibility.

I'd love to see a copy of one governmental voucher for training sworn law enforcement officers.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Frame View Post
    I ain't goin' anywhere with you.

You do what you think is right for you.

I'll go with I know to be factual.

Let me help you out a little bit: learn difference of knowledge, belief, and opinion. That why you'll be able to discern difference between entertainment (gun magazines) and facts. While you're on your quest for knowledge, you might want to research gun take aways. It ain't difficult to have a gun taken from you before you realized you've been disarmed if a bad guy has had training.
    So you didn't even bother to read the links or any other ballistic testing (testing, not opinions such as yours) that disproves your opinion on AR over-penetration. Numerous ballistic tests have been done concerning this subject which either you choose to ignore, or are to lazy to bother researching because you KNOW better.

BTW, took a carbine class back in MAR that was sponsored by the Coffeyville PD and a sheriff's DEPT that was put on by a Memphis PD SWAT instructor. The class was predominately LEOs. AAR is here (IF you bother to actually read):

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...7mar-long.html

Class wasn't POST, but was sponsored by 2 DEPTs. Took another class down there last year from Dave Spaulding, again not POST. So I guess that's 2 things at least you don't know chit about....

Done with you...."be well"
    Pete63, graydude and G-man* like this.
    homo homini lupus est

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

flh
    Because I've done it for a living.
    Can you elaborate , as you may know there are a few trainers that are members of D.C. ...
    Pete63 and Chuck R. like this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

I've cleared a few apartments, basements, houses, warehouses, small stores, bug stores, parks, playgrounds, entire neighborhoods in my time. It's mostly common sense and very little hut, hut, hut...

Although I always had a flashlight, I rarely used it. Mostly I just turned the lights on. The trick is to have enough officers and a puppy if you can square one.

now i'm going to read the article and see if they got it right .
    Denverjay, OD* and ca survivor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    I've cleared a few apartments, basements, houses, warehouses, small stores, bug stores, parks, playgrounds, entire neighborhoods in my time. It's mostly common sense and very little hut, hut, hut...

Although I always had a flashlight, I rarely used it. Mostly I just turned the lights on. The trick is to have enough officers and a puppy if you can square one.

now i'm going to read the article and see if they got it right .
    OK so here we are... I read the material. Not so sure what is going on but what I'm seeing here is some folks looking for a justification to use an AR in home defense.

The what ever name of that training center CAN NOT! be living in the real world. Training police officers and non sworn civilians to carry out MOUT missions in their home or anyone others homes in the case for police officers. Firepower shouldn't be the focus, unless you have real information marking the perp(s). as armed. Even then rifles aren't always the answer. Clearing and searching requires common sense, time, and plenty of help.

Just because someone offers training don't make that training correct for every situation. Control is the point. Control what your doing, where you do it, when you do it, who you do it with. Just because something is on TV (famous trainer) don't make it the proper thing to do.

Training someone from an improper perspective can be as dangerous as no training at all. NO ONE here including me is qualified to clear a premis alone.
    Goldy49, Mike1956, G-man* and 4 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly3458 View Post
    Just for fun curious what gun/s folks have at the ready in their homes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I marvel at how we can progress(?) from a simple question like this to what we have arrived at in a mere seven pages. Impressive.
    Goldy49, G-man*, Tstone and 4 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Can you elaborate , as you may know there are a few trainers that are members of D.C. ...
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Today's carry set-up:

Attachment 281059

Tonight's home defense set-up:

Attachment 281061
    Yep. Carry and home

What gun for home defense.-cf01541e-ccff-4319-a8f6-4a0cf61a9ec0.jpeg
    Mike1956 and pete950 like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    Typical interior wall construction in residential domains studs on "X" dimension centers, insulation and dry wall, may prove to be problematic with certain weapon and ammunition selections which would lead to unattended consequences of over penetration thus liability. Shotguns at interior dwelling distances cone of fire could be like a semi solid mass thus penetration could prove to be problematic thus unattended consequences. Exterior walls of residential domains are susceptible to penetration dependent on construction materials, think vinyl siding particle board insulation and etcetera. There is inherent liability.
    Last edited by dennis40x; September 25th, 2018 at 09:38 PM.

flh
    No.
    That's great

I'm going to follow @Chuck R. example
    Pete63 and Chuck R. like this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

My EDC is my home defense.

However, as soon as I can afford it, I plan on upgrading to this:

What gun for home defense.-apache.jpg
    "Sometimes it never quits raining, sometimes that phone just won't ring,
    sometimes I never miss nothin', and sometimes, I miss anything...
    "

Lyle Lovett / Cryin' Shame

What gun for home defense.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhat gun for home defense.-img_0470.jpg
    Pete63 and Tstone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    My EDC is my home defense.

However, as soon as I can afford it, I plan on upgrading to this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apache.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	281119
    Is that one of them assault rifles that the liberals are trying to ban?
    Ransom, Philly3458 and Tstone like this.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sponsored Links