Another S&W Winner - Page 2

Another S&W Winner

This is a discussion on Another S&W Winner within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 I prefer the short grips...Kahr/Springfield XDS/Walther PPS ...No problems here and the short grips tuck nicely under a T shirt...No mag ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Another S&W Winner

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I prefer the short grips...Kahr/Springfield XDS/Walther PPS ...No problems here and the short grips tuck nicely under a
    T shirt...No mag extensions either and i have big hands.
    I carry the Shields with the slightly-shorter 6-round mag in the gun, and spare 7-rounders in my pocket. No difference in how I shoot.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

I wonít buy anything new from S&W these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got nearly 1200 rounds through my Shield .45 without even one FTE or FTF. I have a Shield 9mm also, but have been carrying the 45 for the the most part lately. I can't decide which one I like the best. The 45 is a bit heavier when loaded. Even with the 6 round mag compared to the 9mm with Magguts +2 giving me 9+1. There is something warm and fuzzy tho about those 230 gr. hollow points.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Iíve had my 45 Shield since a couple months after they came out. Not a single failure. To me itís accurate and the recoil is between a 9 and 40 Shield. My wife likes it more than her 9mm Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by JMag1 View Post
    I wonít buy anything new from S&W these days.

Because...?
    FIDE ET FORTITUDINE

The G19/23 doesn't feel comfortable in my hand either. The G22/17 is much better. Even better without the finger grips.
    I own an SD9 and a SD40VE that are just right in my hand. The grips on these are slightly longer then the G19/23.
    The anticipation of death is worse than death itself!

It's likely one of the guns I'll never rid myself of, along with Smith snubs, gov 1911's and G17's/19x.
    Mike1956 and gwalker like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozz10mm View Post
    I've got nearly 1200 rounds through my Shield .45 without even one FTE or FTF. I have a Shield 9mm also, but have been carrying the 45 for the the most part lately. I can't decide which one I like the best. The 45 is a bit heavier when loaded. Even with the 6 round mag compared to the 9mm with Magguts +2 giving me 9+1. There is something warm and fuzzy tho about those 230 gr. hollow points.
    That whole 230 grain thing has been talking to me for awhile. My 9mm's still get some holster time, the the Shield 45 or Glock 21 get the call most days. Of those two, the Shield is much more fun to shoot.
    AzQkr and gwalker like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Iíve had my 45 Shield since a couple months after they came out. Not a single failure. To me itís accurate and the recoil is between a 9 and 40 Shield. My wife likes it more than her 9mm Shield.
    The recoil on my Shield 45 is noticeably less robust than that of my Glock 21.
    AzQkr and Holmes375 like this.

Another S&W Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Centexshooter View Post
    Because...?
    Product quality I perceive to have fallen in recent years, and I have a disdain for the Hillary hole lock on the revolver line. The semi auto line has aesthetic, and ergonomic deficiencies for me, as well.

Simply, I believe there are better options...for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The recoil on my Shield 45 is noticeably less robust than that of my Glock 21.
    Not that I am a group thinker, but since this thread started I went and purchased a Shield 45. Today was itís first range day.

I can be recoil sensitive at times, but I have to say that this is one remarkable small pistol. Itís recoil isnít really much more than my Sig 220, and I shoot it nearly as accurately. Easy 45 to shoot compared to my sonís XDS or Colt Defender, much more pleasant. I shot it more than the 220 by far. It cycled ball and defense loads without issue.

I am quite stunned.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    Not that I am a group thinker, but since this thread started I went and purchased a Shield 45. Today was itís first range day.

I can be recoil sensitive at times, but I have to say that this is one remarkable small pistol. Itís recoil isnít really much more than my Sig 220, and I shoot it nearly as accurately. Easy 45 to shoot compared to my sonís XDS or Colt Defender, much more pleasant. I shot it more than the 220 by far. It cycled ball and defense loads without issue.

I am quite stunned.
    Put some more rounds through it, and you will continue to be astounded. "Nearly as accurately as my SIG 220" on the first trip to the range bodes well for things to come.
    Struckat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    Been trying to hold off on a 45 shield . As I said before you guys don't help a person out.
    Im looking too.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Shield 45 is one fantastic pistol in my opinion. I have put many rounds through mine with zero malfunctions thus far and it gets the majority of my EDC.
    I like mine so much that if I had any spare $$ i might buy another one.
    Struckat and PAISAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Im looking too.
    You both will cave in.
    Don't prolong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links