New Sig 938 Legion - Page 2

New Sig 938 Legion

This is a discussion on New Sig 938 Legion within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks just like my P938 Extreme, only with the Legion logo in the grip instead of the SIG SAUER carving. I don't know if the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: New Sig 938 Legion

VIP Member
    Looks just like my P938 Extreme, only with the Legion logo in the grip instead of the SIG SAUER carving. I don't know if the Legion logo is worth an extra $100.

I guess if you want your guns to match, it is not really an issue. I saw the Legion does come with 3 7rd magazines, my Extreme only came with one 7 and one 6. so 2 more 7 round magazines probably account for most of the price difference.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I pocket carry a 938. I have for a few years. Have never had one problem with the pistol and it shoots great. I really don't know what upgrades they could do? I think its over priced.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Well, my LGS had one in this AM. The trigger is fantastic and I like all the features. Under $800 too. nuts, I guess that may be the new light weight carry piece when I can't carry the CDP Kimber.
    MMinSC likes this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
    Well, my LGS had one in this AM. The trigger is fantastic and I like all the features. Under $800 too. nuts, I guess that may be the new light weight carry piece when I can't carry the CDP Kimber.
    You must have a pretty decent gun shop. Under $800 is actually pretty reasonable since that is not that much more than a regular 938 once you factor in the extra mag.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    The one thing that draws me to the legion is the carry melt. It's only available on that and the SAS version. I have the same thing on my Kimber CDP and really like that "bar of soap" feel to the gun. Thats the main attraction of the legion to be honest.
    Sounds like something that could get a feller out of Alcatraz, if he were so confined... No, wait ! It was Dillinger. Still works, though.
    viney266 likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    Sounds like something that could get a feller out of Alcatraz, if he were so confined... No, wait ! It was Dillinger. Still works, though.
    ^^^ you're a sick man...I like you.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.

VIP Member
    ^^^ you're a sick man...I like you.
    I don't know about you, @viney266 but I'm CRAZY about your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    I don't know about you, @viney266 but I'm CRAZY about your dog.
    She thinks you're okay too...have any treats? Attachment 284564

New Sig 938 Legion-silva-1.jpg

VIP Member
    She thinks you're okay too...have any treats? Attachment 284564

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silva 1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	284566
    Oh, no. It's the TREAT stare !!! (I always lose those.)

I recently got a P938 myself. The plain BRG model, but it has rosewoods on it now. Been playing with it a good bit. Reliable, accurate and easily concealed. I donít see it knocking my Shield or KLCR out of the saddle, but it does give me another option for pocket carry. Sweet shooter. So far Iím really digginí it !!!
    PhaedrusIV, MMinSC and Coltfan1 like this.
    ďOut of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.Ē

― Heraclitus

Laz
    Iím not particularly interested in the Legion (I have an Extreme) but donít think the price is all that out of line considering it comes with three 7-round magazines. Magazines cost at least $40 most places. I also donít like that it has proprietary magazines with a different (smaller) baseplate to fit the magwell. That means a lot of magazines out there wonít fit it. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Iím not particularly interested in the Legion (I have an Extreme) but donít think the price is all that out of line considering it comes with three 7-round magazines. Magazines cost at least $40 most places. I also donít like that it has proprietary magazines with a different (smaller) baseplate to fit the magwell. That means a lot of magazines out there wonít fit it. Am I right?
    I think you are correct about the mags. Not really an issue if you only have the Legion. It would be annoying if you had both though.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links