G45

G45

This is a discussion on G45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at a G45 for everyday carry. Any advice?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: G45

G45

Looking at a G45 for everyday carry. Any advice?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueronin View Post
    Looking at a G45 for everyday carry. Any advice?
    Nope, I went the other way, a Glock 19 grip on a Glock 17 frame.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Do it. I initially thought the hybrid notion was a bit silly but there is something about the way these things handle that appeals to me. I bought the G19x and it just might be my number one Glock to date.
    AzQkr likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I bought one with the Ameriglo BOLD sights and have been impressed. I have not carried it much just yet but plan to add it to my rotation. I can't explain it but it shoots well and it balances better than the Glock 17 or 19 in my hands. I must admit I dismissed the idea of the G45 at first but after shooting it I was hooked.
    JustinTime and wmhawth like this.

I use to carrry a G17 in a JM Custom AIWB Holster and it carried great on MY frame.
    I think AIWB hid the full size grip better, FOR ME, than any other carry. So I see the G19X and G45 doing the same. But doubt I will as I like the G17 and awaiting the MOS Gen5 version to hit my area.

As far as shooting, I really like the G19X and G45. Great pistols.

Lefty

The G45 is the pistol that brought me over to Glock. Have never owned a Glock yet own > 30 pistols. I was impressed with how easy it was to get shots accurately on target, the balance and trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wmhawth likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

I have carried a Glock 19 for years. The G45? Meh.

This pic was taken in 2008. Still carry the same gun.

BCC73 likes this.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Nope, I went the other way, a Glock 19 grip on a Glock 17 frame.
    Some of us have big hands and that is not an option, besides, the big grip/short slide balances better.
    MMinSC, Militant, AzQkr and 2 others like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

VIP Member
    I like them,best glock ever made IMO and the 19x
    Bad Bob and wmhawth like this.
    Lifetime NRA Member,collector,reloader.

I have the 45, wife has the 19x. Good shooting guns.

Can’t speak to the 45, but my Gen 5 19 I picked up a week or so ago has been a great gun. The finger grooves always seemed to “fit” my hands, but now that I have one without them, I realize how much better they are without them, for me at least.

Many of the 45 reviews I have seen online all say they are more controllable than the 19 or 17. It’s a 9mm, so recoil is light regardless. But for appendix carry, this could be a winner.
    Tundra5.7 likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

You can certainly carry the G45 with no problems - carry mine in a 2A Holster pancake - comfortable, conceals nicely....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Can’t speak to the 45, but my Gen 5 19 I picked up a week or so ago has been a great gun. The finger grooves always seemed to “fit” my hands, but now that I have one without them, I realize how much better they are without them, for me at least.

Many of the 45 reviews I have seen online all say they are more controllable than the 19 or 17. It’s a 9mm, so recoil is light regardless. But for appendix carry, this could be a winner.
    I feel the exact same way with regards to the finger grooves. I laughed at the thoughts of the G45 a few months ago and now I own one of the darn things...and really like it too!
    smolck and Militant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Some of us have big hands and that is not an option, besides, the big grip/short slide balances better.
    I haven't handled one yet but I am sure it balances very nicely. It is just Glock's version of a Commander. I was surprised when the 19x/G45 were announced that there was so much skepticism of the design. It was nothing new to come out with a Commander version. XD has had their Service series and Sig has had the Carry models for years and years along with others. I thought if there was anything to criticize it would be Glock taking so long to release a common pistol configuration.
    Tundra5.7 and Bad Bob like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I haven't handled one yet but I am sure it balances very nicely. It is just Glock's version of a Commander. I was surprised when the 19x/G45 were announced that there was so much skepticism of the design. It was nothing new to come out with a Commander version. XD has had their Service series and Sig has had the Carry models for years and years along with others. I thought if there was anything to criticize it would be Glock taking so long to release a common pistol configuration.
    Look at how many top tier instructors are using them.
    MMinSC and wmhawth like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links