Range Report on my $100 Walther CCP - Page 2

Range Report on my $100 Walther CCP

This is a discussion on Range Report on my $100 Walther CCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Id disassemble the mags ... Clean well drinch mag springs with Zero friction ... Oil the rails with Mobil 1 and run 100 rds of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Range Report on my $100 Walther CCP

Id disassemble the mags ... Clean well drinch mag springs with Zero friction ... Oil the rails with Mobil 1 and run 100 rds of +P ammo ...I picked up a dirty as heck Kahr CW9 off a fellow at the range , traded a well used Marlin Model 60 22 rifle for it ...

I had that Kahr running like a singer sewing machine ...
    CLASS3NH and Cornhusker95 like this.

Senior Moderator
    For the EC9S check out @gatopardo
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

GREAT Score you made there! I LOVE IT when somebody gets a great deal.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    I had a CCP and got rid of it because it wasn't reliable. I had several ftf and fte malfunctions. Tried different ammo and it didn't make a difference. Cleaned it thoroughly and no difference. I was not limp wristing it either. Nothing helped, I didn't trust it and I didn't want to send it in for warranty so I traded it. I ended up with a shield which I trust 100%. The grip isn't as comfortable but I'd gladly trade a little comfort for reliability in a carry gun.

Many of the early versions had problems and mine was one of them. There were a couple threads about it.
    Echo700 likes this.

To the OP- if it's a CCP m1, there was a Drop Fire Recall for them, and you can check to see if yours has been fixed or not
    https://www.waltherarms.com/recall/

congratulations, got to love a good deal. I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    To the OP- if it's a CCP m1, there was a Drop Fire Recall for them, and you can check to see if yours has been fixed or not
    https://www.waltherarms.com/recall/
    Yeah. I sent it in after contacting them.
    They did the drop safe warranty work. Took 1 week. Great customer service. Paid for shipping both ways and no charges at all for me.
    They mill a small dot in the magwell after it has been updated.

I also contacted them about the improved takedown tool that is longer and metal tipped.
    They sent me a new tool. Free of charge.
    Original tool on bottom in pic:

I haven't had any of the issues with mine. Shot another 100 rounds of Federal 115 Gr. brass ammo with no issues.
    I field strip and clean after use. I pay special attention to the gas tube when cleaning. I use Hoppe's 9 to clean and assemble with the gas tube dry.
    I've cleaned and keep the mags lubed. I use Lucas gun oil on all lube points and mags.

I'm very happy with my CCP. It carries well and comfortably in the included Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra Max holster.
    SmoothJazz and Big Western like this.

Sounds like they took care of you and the pistol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links