Best "bang-for-the-buck" handgun with night sights and a good trigger? - Page 2

Best "bang-for-the-buck" handgun with night sights and a good trigger?

This is a discussion on Best "bang-for-the-buck" handgun with night sights and a good trigger? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Techer40 Sig SP 2022 real tack drivers and fairly inexpensive and they have night sights. a LGS has them right now for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Best "bang-for-the-buck" handgun with night sights and a good trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Techer40 View Post
    Sig SP 2022 real tack drivers and fairly inexpensive and they have night sights.
    a LGS has them right now for $399 in both 9/40.
    Techer40, 5lima30ret and MMinSC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    How does your accuracy compare on the two models? My 2.0s are literal tack drivers, even at extended distances.
    Between the 320's and the 2.0? I have 3 - P320's, Compact, Full Size and an X5. All with red dots, all 9mm. 5" 2.0 also is 9mm and has a red dot. I'd rate the 2.0 equal to the full size P320 for accuracy. I shoot longer, heavier guns better, so the 320 compact is a notch below for me. The X5 is more accurate than the 2.0, but not by a whole lot. With the Apex FF trigger, the 5" 2.0 is an amazingly accurate gun.
    MMinSC and Mike1956 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    The flat trigger from the 320 X series is great on a stock 320 too.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-flat-trigger.html
    Yeah, it's tempting. I really like the flat triggers on my X5 and 2.0. But once I got the X5, I just don't shoot my other 320's much, so probably won't put any money into them. Not that the curved Sig triggers are bad. Just more of a consistency thing.
    MMinSC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    Yeah, it's tempting. I really like the flat triggers on my X5 and 2.0. But once I got the X5, I just don't shoot my other 320's much, so probably won't put any money into them. Not that the curved Sig triggers are bad. Just more of a consistency thing.
    Yeah, no point if you have the X-Five already. Now that I have handled an X-Carry, I think I need to trade my 320 compact in for one.

Speaking of best bang for the buck handguns, I think you really get a lot of features with the X-Carry at $670.00.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Everybody knows you're supposed to install an Apex trigger when you buy a S&W. I think it's federal law now.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Everybody knows you're supposed to install an Apex trigger when you buy a S&W. I think it's federal law now.
    You beat me to that one
    I think the OP vanished on us anyway...Has that ever stopped us before?
    Ransom, Lefty_Red and MMinSC like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    You beat me to that one
    I think the OP vanished on us anyway...Has that ever stopped us before?
    Husker, I believe that OldVet was being a bit sarcastic -- S&W Shield 2.0 models don't need an Apex trigger kit. It's strange to me (and perhaps him) that it seems to be fashionable.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Husker, I believe that OldVet was being a bit sarcastic -- S&W Shield 2.0 models don't need an Apex trigger kit. It's strange to me (and perhaps him) that it seems to be fashionable.
    I had David of Bowie Tactical Concepts put his LX trigger job on my 2.0 .45 Shield because he was doing some other work on it anyway. It did make a noticeable difference in the already-excellent factory trigger, but not enough to cause me to spend the money to have him do another 2.0 trigger for me. No, 2.0 triggers don't need anything, IMO.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought at first too. Then I bought my first 320, and found out different. Is the 2.0 trigger horrible? No. Can it be considerably better? Yes.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought at first too. Then I bought my first 320, and found out different. Is the 2.0 trigger horrible? No. Can it be considerably better? Yes.
    Nah, I'm not in the market for another 9mm. I have a service-size Beretta M9 and a little Shield 9. I can work the triggers just fine on both of 'em -- rounds go where they need to go. Same w/ my larger caliber revolvers. The triggers are different, but work just fine. Guess I'm not too picky.
    5lima30ret and Ransom like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Im still here guys, and appreciate your input. I ended up trading my 2.0 compact for a Canik TP9 SFX and like it alot better. the trigger is far and away better than in the 2.0 Compact and its just more fun to shoot. For my next one tho, I will look into the P2022 thanks to your suggestions, or maybe a P226.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links