Best "bang-for-the-buck" handgun with night sights and a good trigger?

This is a discussion on Best "bang-for-the-buck" handgun with night sights and a good trigger? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have and have had several good smith & wessons, and I consider them the best bang-for-the-buck pistol - but the triggers are so so ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Best "bang-for-the-buck" handgun with night sights and a good trigger?

I have and have had several good smith & wessons, and I consider them the best bang-for-the-buck pistol - but the triggers are so so and they have standard sights. I also just got a Sig P365, and while it was more $$ than a comparable M&P shield, I love that it comes with night sights and a great trigger, which led me to start thinking: what guns are there that come stock with a great trigger and night sights - as well as wallet friendly?

VIP Member
    define "friendly "
    pretty big spectrum ....

and most guns today including your Smith have an aftermarket filled with goodies to make your low budget CCW a john wick master shooter
    Lifetime NRA Member,collector,reloader.

Sig P320 has a great trigger and night sights. Very ergonomic grip as well. I have seen them online for as low as $450. Can also by Certified Pre-Owned. The CPOs are a great deal.
    Tundra5.7 and Lefty_Red like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Police Trade Ins. I have many of them and none of them have been 'worn out'. They may have some finish wear but most of them are just nicely broken in models at a deep discount. I once purchased a pair of Glock 19 Gen2 trade ins for $199 each. Still shoot them often. I also have a couple M&P 9mm's that I got for a song. Triggers were beautiful broken in and smooth. When I see a police trade in gun that I want and the price is right, I snatch it up.

Sig SP 2022 real tack drivers and fairly inexpensive and they have night sights.

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    Sig P320 has a great trigger and night sights. Very ergonomic grip as well. I have seen them online for as low as $450. Can also by Certified Pre-Owned. The CPOs are a great deal.
    I will second the Sig P320. Local Rural King had a P320 compact for $475 with night sights. The P320 trigger feels really nice to me.
    MMinSC likes this.

VIP Member
    My .45 2.0 Shields have fantastic out-of-the-box triggers, much better than my original Shield. I don't like or use night sights, so the 2.0 is indeed the best bang for my buck.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Iíve seen some really good deals on the FNS pistols lately; right around $300, with night sights, and they come with 3 mags.

Hard to beat.
    OD* likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

CZ P10c.....selfish ploy...check the For Sale forum
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact with factory night sights. It's got a good trigger in my humble opinion. The Shield is available with factory night sights too.
    5lima30ret, mlk18 and ccssid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    My .45 2.0 Shields have fantastic out-of-the-box triggers, much better than my original Shield. I don't like or use night sights, so the 2.0 is indeed the best bang for my buck.
    I own a few 1.0 S&W's. So I also thought the trigger on my 2.0 was great. It is a big improvement. But then I bought my first P320 not long after getting the 2.0, and found out that the 2.0 trigger was not all that. I spent $170 on an Apex flat face trigger kit for the S&W, and that brought it up the same level as the stock P320, and that's a good thing. Makes the gun much more fun to shoot. But when I added up the total prices, they were almost even. So I'd give the Sig the nod for better bang for the buck, since it did not need any work done to it.
    Mike1956 and MMinSC like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    I own a few 1.0 S&W's. So I also thought the trigger on my 2.0 was great. It is a big improvement. But then I bought my first P320 not long after getting the 2.0, and found out that the 2.0 trigger was not all that. I spent $170 on an Apex flat face trigger kit for the S&W, and that brought it up the same level as the stock P320, and that's a good thing. Makes the gun much more fun to shoot. But when I added up the total prices, they were almost even. So I'd give the Sig the nod for better bang for the buck, since it did not need any work done to it.
    How does your accuracy compare on the two models? My 2.0s are literal tack drivers, even at extended distances.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    The flat trigger from the 320 X series is great on a stock 320 too.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-flat-trigger.html
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by Techer40 View Post
    Sig SP 2022 real tack drivers and fairly inexpensive and they have night sights.
    The Sig 2022's are under appreciated IMO! They are tack drivers indeed!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I like having a front night sight only...With that being said there is only one choice for me...
    You can buy with one on or cheaper yet buy without and put one on..(Simple one screw install)
    Great DAO trigger...Bar dot rear sight..( I prefer)..Easy to conceal...Durable matte stainless slide and no external safety.

Best "bang-for-the-buck" handgun with night sights and a good trigger?-svimg-cm9093__49796.1515511800.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links