Does Anyone Own More Than One of The EXACT Same Gun? - Page 4

Does Anyone Own More Than One of The EXACT Same Gun?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Own More Than One of The EXACT Same Gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CreedDryrot I have no duplicates of the same pistol. Never have. Life is too short already, why double up on the same ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Does Anyone Own More Than One of The EXACT Same Gun?

Quote Originally Posted by CreedDryrot View Post
    I have no duplicates of the same pistol. Never have. Life is too short already, why double up on the same vehicle or the same gun? Variety is the spice of life...

That said, if I find a good deal on an LCP I'll probably pick up another one so that I can carry it in my left pocket. If that happens, that will be a one off though.
    Other than as mentioned earlier on finding them at a good price, my viewpoint is life could be shorter if one is trying to adjust to a different carry if primary is in the shop.
    USAF, Retired
    ✟✟✟ Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36 ✟✟✟
    Life Member: VFW, VVA, DAV, VSPA, NRA

I was about to answer no, then I remembers I have 2 Yugoslavian sks rifles. Years ago I found one at a gun show for $175.00, a few months later I found another cosmoline soaked Yugo for $140. I bought it because I thought it was cheap. Seeing what they go for now, I don't regret those purchases a bit.
    Old Man likes this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

My Brother has Two, I can’t remember what kind but, the only reason is he forgot he had one in his safe and ordered another.
    Old Man likes this.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC View Post
    Just wondering if it is common for a person to own more than one of the EXACT same gun? If so, why?

I am NOT talking about having the same brand in different sizes,eg. Glock 17, 19, and 26 or Colt 1911 Government vs Commander vs Officer models.

I am NOT talking about having the same brand and size but in a different calibers, eg. Glock 19 and 23 or Glock 26 and 27 (same size in 9mm and .40 cal respectively).

I am NOT talking about having the same brand or model but a different generation, eg. Glock 19 Gen 3 and Glock 19 Gen 5 or S&W M&P9 and M&P9 M2.0.

I am talking about the exact same brand, model, caliber and generation.

I am currently considering getting a second Walther but I'm wondering if it is worth it. Would I actually use it or need it? Should I save that cash to fund other gun-related items: ammo, my very slow AR build, training?
    Yes, I have 2 Gen III Glock 19's one for Training one for carry.

3 beretta 92's, one is an Elite II I use as my competition gun, one is for carry and one was the Irst gun I ever purchased I shoot.

Right now my primary light weight polymer carry gun is a Beretta PX4 Compact Carry Ernest Langdon, I'm looking for another one, so I can have one for carry one for training.
    AnthonyC and Old Man like this.

I have 2 Walther PPQs, one for practice/training the other for carry.

I also have 2 M&P 5" Pro 9mms, one for practice/training, the other for HD. I also have multiple ARs for the same reason.

I own a range out back, shoot pretty frequently, couple times a week normally in addition to matches. Keeping the defensive firearms clean, got to be a PITA. So the remedy was doubles.
    AzQkr, Militant and Old Man like this.
    homo homini lupus est

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    I have 2 Walther PPQs, one for practice/training the other for carry.

I also have 2 M&P 5" Pro 9mms, one for practice/training, the other for HD. I also have multiple ARs for the same reason.

I own a range out back, shoot pretty frequently, couple times a week normally in addition to matches. Keeping the defensive firearms clean, got to be a PITA. So the remedy was doubles.
    I haven't cleaned the 1911 trainer in over a year, same for the G17 trainer. Get done shooting either, grab the duplicate carry, stick it in the same holster and on your way.
    Chuck R. and Old Man like this.

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9uc View Post
    Other than as mentioned earlier on finding them at a good price, my viewpoint is life could be shorter if one is trying to adjust to a different carry if primary is in the shop.

Why would you own and carry a gun that you aren't "adjusted" to?
    Wavygravy likes this.

I have two Ruger SR22s. They are my favorite plinking guns. I had one that I loved, then found one at an estate sale that was such a good deal that I couldn't pass up. I figured that I would give one to my wife or daughter to keep by their bed. They both decided on other guns, instead. So now I have two guns I really enjoy shooting.
    Old Man likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Does five 10/22s count?

Two Schmidt-Rubin K-31 carbines and two M91/30 Mosin-Nagants?
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I have a few of Colt 1911. defenders, an officer, commanders and a government. Carry mostly defenders and officer. Great guns.
    Old Man likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Some people are allegedly big advocates of it (e.g. the Luckygunner). If we're talking about a Glock, I don't think it makes a lot of sense. I have dry fired my Glocks so many times but I've never had a firing pin/striker break. That said, I have broken two firing pins in my Bodyguard 380, so there can be an issue even with modern guns.

I'm thinking about getting a Beretta PX4 Storm, but Beretta advises the use of snap caps. Any gun that needs to use snap caps could use a duplicate gun if you plan to dry practicing in my opinion. It makes sense to keep a another one for abusing at the range and during training while maintaining the facsimile in perfect order for reliability.

It also can make sense when messing with a gun. If you don't know if you'll shoot well with particular sights, for example, or shoot at all by changing out the mainspring to a lighter one (which may cause light primer strikes), then you can make the modifications on your practice gun without concern.

They only problem is cost. It's pretty pricey because, not only are you paying for a second gun, but whatever sights and other modifications you might do should be done to both.

Senior Moderator
    7 4-inch Smith & Wesson K-Frame Military & Police (Model 10) .38 Special revolvers dating from 1918 to 1974.
    2 2-inch Smith & Wesson K-Frame Military & Police (Model 10) .38 Special revolvers from 1951 and 1996
    3 Colt Government Model .45s dating from 1947 to 2014
    2 U. S. Model 1903 Springfield .30-06 rifles
    2 No. 4 Mark 1 .303 rifles

Some additional duplicates as well as some near duplicates of the above list are also kept on hand (with some kept "off-balance-sheet") as a need is perceived.

Just savin' 'em "for seed."
    msgt/ret, Texas Red and Pete63 like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

Freedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.”

Does Anyone Own More Than One of The EXACT Same Gun?

I have two S&W Model 10-5 38 revolvers, 4" blued with walnut grips and Tyler t-grips.

K-frames just appeal to me. I have others in 22LR, 357 and 38 in various configurations.
    msgt/ret and bmcgilvray like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Close, but no cigar. Two Colt Delta Elites. One from 2009 and one from 2015.

Does Anyone Own More Than One of The EXACT Same Gun?-colt-delta-elites-1024x768-2017_01_22-17_26_42-utc-.jpg
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I will day yes. 3 Marlin model 60. I have a problem going to pawn shops and buying 22's.
    Pete63 likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links