Defensive Carry banner

Does Anyone Own More Than One of The EXACT Same Gun?

5K views 72 replies 62 participants last post by  OD* 
#1 ·
Just wondering if it is common for a person to own more than one of the EXACT same gun? If so, why?

I am NOT talking about having the same brand in different sizes,eg. Glock 17, 19, and 26 or Colt 1911 Government vs Commander vs Officer models.

I am NOT talking about having the same brand and size but in a different calibers, eg. Glock 19 and 23 or Glock 26 and 27 (same size in 9mm and .40 cal respectively).

I am NOT talking about having the same brand or model but a different generation, eg. Glock 19 Gen 3 and Glock 19 Gen 5 or S&W M&P9 and M&P9 M2.0.

I am talking about the exact same brand, model, caliber and generation.

I am currently considering getting a second Walther but I'm wondering if it is worth it. Would I actually use it or need it? Should I save that cash to fund other gun-related items: ammo, my very slow AR build, training?

#61 ·
Yes, I have several pairs of "competition" pistols that I use for IDPA and USPSA because if I should happen to have a gun go down at a match, I have a twin. Other than my "open" guns, all have been carried at one time, or another.
But, I don't have a pair of matched twins that would fit in the IDPA "box" for back-up gun, which is what I usually carry.

#62 ·
Yes.
4-Colt .22 cal short derringers
2-HiStandard .22WMR derringers
2-Ruger 10/22
2-Ruger Stainless Security Six 2 3/4" .357 mag.
2-Winchester 1200 Defender 12 ga.

I've got numerous 1911's, but barrel length etc. vary.

Reactions: msgt/ret
#65 ·
Two baby brownings. I bought one, then found a mint one later....then found a stainless bauer. so yeah.

I have different models of Enfields, and different calibres of Rem 700's. But the baby browning are the only two that are exactly the same.

#67 ·
OP - I feel like a piker compared to so many who have responded. As it turns out, I've got three Glock 43s, all set up the same way with an Ameriglo Proglo front sight, stock rear sight and rubberized Traction Grips. One of the guns I leave 'up north' where I spend my summers, the other two I keep 'down south' and I shoot them on a rotating basis in IDPA matches in the CCP division with Vickers Tango Down +2 mag extensions … or sometimes in the BUG division or separate BUG matches. My thought is to stick with one primary CC gun and use the same guns for monthly matches to develop and maintain muscle memory while also making it easier to keep magazines and holsters common to the same gun.

A recent twist --- I've found that pocket carrying my Ruger LCP2 is simply amazing because I literally forget I have it in my right front pocket. I also can shoot the snot out of the little guy and often beat or come close to my scores using one of the 43s.

#71 ·
Yes. My dad and I often bought the same models together. He passed this year and I inherited his. Even without that, I had been planning on purchasing a duplicate of my primary edc. This cuts down on the amount of cleaning after shooting for practice. ( 1 for EDC, 1 for practice/range)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.