M&P 45 shield M2.0 - Page 3

M&P 45 shield M2.0

This is a discussion on M&P 45 shield M2.0 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well went to bass pro today, straight to the gun section and there was like nothing there. I mean NOTHING. As far as pistols go ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: M&P 45 shield M2.0

Well went to bass pro today, straight to the gun section and there was like nothing there. I mean NOTHING. As far as pistols go maybe 40, at most. No shields at all. Asked where all the guns were and the said between Black Friday and after Christmas sales they havenít fully restocked yet. So I got to look at and handle nothing.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    Well went to bass pro today, straight to the gun section and there was like nothing there. I mean NOTHING. As far as pistols go maybe 40, at most. No shields at all. Asked where all the guns were and the said between Black Friday and after Christmas sales they havenít fully restocked yet. So I got to look at and handle nothing.
    Andy, my recommendation is this: quit screwing around, and just buy one. You won't be sorry. You're over thinking this.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/smith-wes...no-safety.html

EDIT: OK, I see they're out of stock. No worries. SOMEBODY has them at similar prices; they are out there. Or jump on a waiting list.
    bakes, Old Man and 5lima30ret like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    Andy, my recommendation is this: quit screwing around, and just buy one. You won't be sorry. You're over thinking this.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/smith-wes...no-safety.html

EDIT: OK, I see they're out of stock. No worries. SOMEBODY has them at similar prices; they are out there. Or jump on a waiting list.
    Iím sure Iíll like it, but I have never ever in my life purchased a gun I did not first handle. Iíve bought a lot I didnít shirt first, but never bought one I didnít touch and hold in hand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Iím sure Iíll like it, but I have never ever in my life purchased a gun I did not first handle. Iíve bought a lot I didnít shirt first, but never bought one I didnít touch and hold in hand.
    Nothing ventured nothing gained...Sometimes you go out on a limb and end up with a new favorite....Sometimes you get burned.
    If you get burned forget this post....If not... Remember i told ya so!!
    PhaedrusIV and Old Man like this.

I'm a little late to the game, but you mentioned wanting an experience close to the 1911....would a Springfield XDe in .45 fit that bill? Not sure how it compares capacity or size wise with the Shield, but they seem similar.

Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    I'm a little late to the game, but you mentioned wanting an experience close to the 1911....would a Springfield XDe in .45 fit that bill? Not sure how it compares capacity or size wise with the Shield, but they seem similar.
    Alot more recoil, in my opinion. Maybe because of higher bore axis? Idk. And a tad more height in grip. And of course da/sa vs. striker. Both fine guns, but I prefer the shield.

VIP Member
    I'm sure you'll get one, eventually. Or you won't.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Distinguished Member
    I don't know where you live in Kentucky and there's quite a lot of distance east to west across the state and north to south in the eastern part, but with a little drive you hopefully can find one to hold or wait for Bass Pro/Cabelas to get one back in. Quite a few dealers in Kentucky, particularly around Lexington. Or even drop over to Tennessee. Take the significant other to Memphis or Nashville and do some gun shopping.

Senior Member Array lordhamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    I'm gonna buy me another one an put it in the back of the safe for when this one wears out, cause they may not be making them no more when it does. That's how much I like it. I got mine when they first came out (soon as my local Cabelas got em in) , so I reckon it's a 1.0
    Looks like you took sandpaper to the body side of yours, like I did. The grip was shaving off my love handles.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Looks like you took sandpaper to the body side of yours, like I did. The grip was shaving off my love handles.
    It's a must for IWB, at least for me.
    bakes likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    I'm gonna buy me another one an put it in the back of the safe for when this one wears out, cause they may not be making them no more when it does. That's how much I like it. I got mine when they first came out (soon as my local Cabelas got em in) , so I reckon it's a 1.0

Yes sir! iwb, no undershirt. I wore it about 5 minutes, then I went looking for the sandpaper.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    They are knock offs to me , except the trigger & grip ; )
    H/D
    Knock off of what...there is not really much out there that has the same dimensions and shootability of the Shield.
    ďThe everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.Ē Skeeter Skelton

The XDS45 is unpleasant to shoot compared to my 45 Shield. I echo every thing good that has bee said about the Shield 45.
    5lima30ret, bakes and zonker1986 like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

I have two. One I got off Buds for peanuts....and another at my local gun store with night sights for peanuts. Neither say 2.0, but have the same rough grip texture as my 9mm 2.0 compact and the triggers are pretty close as well.
    The .45 Shields offer a lot of firepower in a small package and are great shooters. Highly recommend.
    Struckat and 5lima30ret like this.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Love my 45 Shield. Been 100% reliable. Pretty sure my wife plans on stealing mine since she shoots it better than her 9mm Shield. Itís only a tiny bit bigger than the 9 & rap versions and was the 2.0 before they called them that. They basically just updated the 9 & 40 to what the 45 was and called them 2.0ís.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links