New EDC - Glock 26 or 19 - Page 2

New EDC - Glock 26 or 19

This is a discussion on New EDC - Glock 26 or 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you want to stay Glock, I'd consider the 19X. It conceals every bit as well as my Defender, and you get 17 +1 with ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: New EDC - Glock 26 or 19

If you want to stay Glock, I'd consider the 19X. It conceals every bit as well as my Defender, and you get 17 +1 with the "small" magazine.

My Defender conceals nicely in AIWB, or at about 3:00 IWB. Consider that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    A Glock 26 can do everything a Glock 19 can with a magazine change...but a Glock 19 can't do eveything a Glock 26 can! FWIW worth I shoot my G-26 better than my G-19
    ^^^^^^winner winner chicken dinner!^^^^^^

I carried the 19/23 on duty for many years, and just could not wrap my head around the G26/27, that is, until I retired and began experimenting with AIWB carry.

I soon found out the G26 allowed for tighter fitting clothing because of the shorter grip, and wasnít long before I realized how well it shot. The 26 is even carried strong side carry and it gives up nothing on the bigger brethren.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

I would not carry any striker fired pistol AIWB. Period. I know Iím not perfect, and a slight lapse of concentration can be fatal in that carry position.

And yes, I like Glocks and have a 19, 26 and 30.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I don't like abbreviated grips, so the baby G's are not for me. The 19 and 17 are pretty close, I carry both AIWB with more frequency to the G17.5 now. I'm 6'2", so the G19 may be a better choice for you.

Also, unless you have a very flat food storage pod the shorter Bbl of the G26 may cause the gun to lean out.

G-Man10mm a long time member here carried a G26 in one of my AIWB rigs on a multi-state sport bike trip, he would be the G26/AIWB expert to ask.
    Old Man, 5lima30ret and TX expat like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmonty View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for a new EDC gun. I currently carry a Kahr CM9 AIWB about 80% of the time and a Glock 17 Gen 3 RTF2 at 3:00 the other 20% when I have a cover garment on. I've been carrying for about a year and a half but I've been shooting for about 20 years. I've found appendix carry to be the best for my body type (5' 9", 180 lbs, 34" waist).

So I'm looking for opinions / advice as far as appendix carry goes for a carry option between the sizes of a G17 and a CM9. Is a G19 going to be enough smaller for an EDC than the 17 or should I go with the 26 which would be closer to the CM9? I know everybody will have a different opinion. Thanks in advance.
    I would go with the G26 based upon your question highlighted above. With your experience shooting the CM9 you won't have difficulty with the shorter grip of the G26 that necessitates wrapping the pinkly under the magazine with the standard 10 round mags. And you can still go up to the G19 or G17 mags as back up.
    5lima30ret, BCC73 and matthew03 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I would not carry any striker fired pistol AIWB. Period. I know Iím not perfect, and a slight lapse of concentration can be fatal in that carry position.
    I would not carry any handgun AIWB. I believe there is some rule about not pointing a gun at anything I am not willing to destroy. AIWB points a gun at a few things I am absolutely not willing to destroy.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmonty View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for a new EDC gun. I currently carry a Kahr CM9 AIWB about 80% of the time and a Glock 17 Gen 3 RTF2 at 3:00 the other 20% when I have a cover garment on. I've been carrying for about a year and a half but I've been shooting for about 20 years. I've found appendix carry to be the best for my body type (5' 9", 180 lbs, 34" waist).

So I'm looking for opinions / advice as far as appendix carry goes for a carry option between the sizes of a G17 and a CM9. Is a G19 going to be enough smaller for an EDC than the 17 or should I go with the 26 which would be closer to the CM9? I know everybody will have a different opinion. Thanks in advance.
    I have carried either a 19 or a 26 AIWB as my EDC for many years now. If I had to choose only one I would take the 19. It's not that much harder to conceal than the 26 and it has an extra 5 rounds just in case. FWIW, I carried my 26 whenever I felt like I needed every bit of concealablity as I could get (aka non-permissive environments) but I eventually switched over to a 43 for that duty so my 26 doesn't see much carry time any longer.
    matthew03 likes this.
    expat no more

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Quote Originally Posted by mlk18 View Post
    I would not carry any handgun AIWB. I believe there is some rule about not pointing a gun at anything I am not willing to destroy. AIWB points a gun at a few things I am absolutely not willing to destroy.
    Every carry position does that. Training and proper technique eliminates the danger during holstering.

I find it an exceptional way to carry a concealed weapon.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

And yes, I like Glocks and have a 19, 26 and 30.
    I've carried Glocks AIWB for years.

A couple days ago my 15 year old son sees me putting my Glock 22 AIWB, he has previously expressed that he would not carry that way.
    15 year old says:
    "If the gun goes off it will blow off your __ you'll have to go to the hospital & have surgery, then if you got fat with "man boobs" you'd be trans"
    Very persuasive comment.
    I put the Glock down, picked up a 1911 and placed it strong side about 3:00
    My son was like

Ive since carried the Glock AIWB but can't get the man boobs / trans prophecy out of my head.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

I carry my Glock 43 all the time AIWB with the Raven Vanguard 2. I'm not worried about blowing off my junk. I had no idea so many here would get a case of the vapors. When I need deep concealment you should see me use the same G43 with my Vedder belly band!

I do definitely insert it into the belly band with extreme prejudicial caution.

Oh, and to answer the OP. Glock 26 is probably the correct answer. However, another option I've considered for myself is getting the Glock 19 and cutting the grip down to Glock 26 size and using the 26 mags in it. Tames the recoil a bit, longer sight radius, and gets you an extra .6" of barrel...even more with a threaded barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Every carry position does that. Training and proper technique eliminates the danger during holstering.
    Except it doesnít. Shooting yourself in the butt is not likely fatal. Shooting yourself in the femoral artery? Unless it happens inside an ER, youíre dead.

Training is fine, but Murphy lurks in the real world.

Donít want to derail the thread, but if someone insists on AIWB, my advice is always DA/SA or something with a thumb safety.
    mlk18, matthew03, Eric357 and 4 others like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post

I find it an exceptional way to carry a concealed weapon.

No, no they don't. No other positions points a gun directly at what makes you a man. I am willing to risk putting a round in my right ass cheek, but I have way to active of sex life to risk my man parts.
    TN_Mike and plumber802 like this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlk18 View Post
    Being married mine is long gone...
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

G26 for daytime...

G19 for nighttime...

At least, that's how I do it.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Personally, if I had a G17, I wouldn't bother with a G19. I don't think 1/2" of grip length makes much difference in any carry position, though some will disagree. So I'd say G26.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links