New EDC - Glock 26 or 19 - Page 5

New EDC - Glock 26 or 19

This is a discussion on New EDC - Glock 26 or 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cant and wont argue against a glock for carry...while I don't care for them, they just work for others......

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: New EDC - Glock 26 or 19

Distinguished Member Array Chief1297's Avatar
    Cant and wont argue against a glock for carry...while I don't care for them, they just work for others...
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

The fun store called me today! The 26 carries and conceals AIWB almost as well as the CM9 did. Here's a picture with the big brother.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New EDC - Glock 26 or 19-img_20190626_195852_01_1561599910876.jpg  

BCC73, G-man* and kerberos like this.

Great choice! I recently had a similar dilemma and decided that the G26 was the best option for my first carry gun. I shot it back-to-back with my brother's G19 and we couldn't notice any difference in accuracy between the two. The 26 is my first Glock, and I'm really happy with how pleasant it is to shoot.

In fact, there's a great article by Massad Ayoob about the inherent accuracy of the baby Glock that is definitely worth a read to anyone on the fence:
    https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...baby-glock-26/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    G-man* likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    IMO, the 19 is not different enough from the 17 to make a difference. The 26 conceals well and shoots great. I don't own one but have carried and shot my son's.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

I have a 26. Excellent carry gun.

And I have a 19x. I’m not small, and have little trouble hiding it.

Gen 5 19 FDE is next on my list.

But I’d take the 26 all day long, unless I knew I was going to war...
    G-man* likes this.

This thread like sooooo many others is subjective. I believe that in time the OP will make the right choice for his circumstances. FWIW I carry a G26 all day every day.
    G-man* likes this.
    "Freedom will be defended" -GWB 9-11-01
    Union Plumber/Pipefitter.Retired.
    Former LEO 1993-2003.

Yes, very subjective. I prefer my 19 over my 26, and over my 17, any day of the week. I also prefer shooting the 19 over my p365, but I prefer to carry the 365 due to its slight build vs the 19 or the 26. It helps that I shoot the 365 pretty well, better than the 26, but not as well as the 19. So yeah, everyone is going to have something that fits “their” needs best. So all you guys trying to decide what’s best for your wife...don’t...just don’t. I did help mine with options, but she chose the one she liked best (p938) but then had to downsize to the similar but easier to rack 238 when she cut her finger pretty bad (5 years ago, and it still hurts her, but finally beginning to get better).

OP here. I'm about a month and a half into my new carry setup and still love it. I have no regrets over ditching the single stack. The 26 conceals like a small pistol and shoots like a big one.

I've been carrying for a few weeks now with a Pearce +2 and it conceals 99% as well for me while allowing a full grip aiding mainly with the draw but also a little while shooting. This combo still conceals much better than a 19 for me. If I want to dress around the gun I'll just carry my 17.

Here's my current carry setup. A very compact and shootable 30 rounds. It may not be perfect but it's the best I've found so far (for me).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New EDC - Glock 26 or 19-img_20190810_164817_1565474488442.jpg  

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    I divorced Glocks about 10 years ago, still have five 26/19, 27/23 and a 35 that I used to compete with.

G26 all day, everyday. I can’t think of a more proven and versatile gun for ease of carry with the capacity potential to weight ratio that is so durable over the long haul.

I train and shoot IDPA with mine also.
    SnoMan97 likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

I own both the 19 and 26 and carried both extensively. After several years, I finally settled on the G26 as primary carry for its size and capacity. YMMV

I still own the G19.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You can’t go wrong either way. I started out carrying the G19 then moved to the G26.

If you only have 1 Glock have a G19. It’s versatile and does does everything well.

If you have 2 glocks get a G26 and G17. The 26 conceals better and the 17 shoots better.

I don’t have my 19 anymore. I have a 17 as my duty gun and a 26 as my CC.
    Evil I!
    Wildhorse!
    Battle Born!

I find the Glock 43x is a nice in between 11 rounds and a bit smaller then the Glock 19 and a bit thinner then the 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    I find the Glock 43x is a nice in between 11 rounds and a bit smaller then the Glock 19 and a bit thinner then the 26.
    I may be taking this route as well. I really like the way the G43X feels.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

G17 and G26 is a nice defense combo. My G17 is dedicated for home defense and my G26 is for carry.

kerberos likes this.
    Glenn

FAS1 SAFE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links