Sig P365...Yes or No? - Page 2

Sig P365...Yes or No?

This is a discussion on Sig P365...Yes or No? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Itís the real deal! I went and shot my 365 and 43X today. Did all one handed, both eyes open drills, safety glasses only. The ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Sig P365...Yes or No?

Itís the real deal!

I went and shot my 365 and 43X today. Did all one handed, both eyes open drills, safety glasses only. The 365 just naturally points better and I was able to start doable taps with the 365, as Iím still not good enough with the 43X yet. In fact, my groups were better with the P365 at 8 yards than the G43X was at 4 or 5 yards! Itís just a natural extension of my hand, and my shooting it shows. My newest P365 has just over 700 rounds through it. The G43X has about 400.

The 365 is carried in the pocket, in an old Desantis Nemesis holster I had for the G42, or OWB in at 3/3:30. I canít pocket carry the 43 or the 43X.

Now with two hands, the Glocks 43X/48 give me s better grip due to the larger size. But with Talons and the 12rd mags, the 365 is right there. My G27 with conversion barrel has lesser barrel flip, of all my EDC pistols.

I had an earlier produced P365, Oct date. It shot well, only issue was the sights. I let myself be swayed by internet heros.My current one was produced in Jan 2019. I put 500 rounds of RN through that first P365 in two hours, along with about 125 of mixed carry ammo. Never a malfunction. Sights were dim, was going to replace it with Nigh Fision front, but sold it off instead. Corrected that mistake with the new one, which has way better sights!

FYI, Osage County Guns has Sig P365 mags on sale, <$40! I picked up five 12rds! Thatís cheaper than buying 10rd mags and getting extended base plates!

Iím a Glock fan boy, I really like them. They are super easy to maintain and shoot and they just work. I alss donít really care about capacity, I feel well protected by a snubbie or pocket 380. But the P365 offers reliable and capacity in an unbelievably small pistol that is very shootable and has low recoil. And itís normally price at or below the G43X and G48, and comes with night sights!

These are just my personal feelings though. :)

Lefty

jmf552, I'm also waiting for the manual safety version to come out. Anybody have any idea when that might be?

All my striker fire pistols have the manual safety. It is automatic that I swipe it off on the draw. I do an awful lot of drawing/dry fire practice at home.

I can't hardly wait to have a 365 in my pocket, I might just go ahead and order a Vedder pocket locker for it so I'll be ready from day one. But then again, maybe I should wait to confirm that Sig is planning on making the manual safety version.
    DZUS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    I'm currently debating getting a p365 or a g26 as my new EDC.
    ^^^Either is a great choice!^^^ Whichever scratches your itch! Enjoy it!
    Big Western likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 380ACP View Post
    Here we go again...

But the P365 is really alluring from what Iíve read about it.

Iíve been down the compact 9 route before, and all have either not shot or not carried well enough for me. But what Iíve read about the P365 says they may have changed the game enough to give it a chance.

Sadly, try before I buy isnít an option around here. So, assuming it feels and dry fires nicely...worth a go? Or is it really not as all-that as gun mag reviews would lead you to believe?...
    The P365 IS "all that"!

It is truly a game-changer for practical CC! For the concealability, capacity, and shootability, in a service caliber, I've yet to see anything else come close.

I've had mine for 4 or 5 months now, and have run about 700 rounds through it. Shoots far better than anything else in its size class, and has been 100% reliable with all manner of JHP SD and FMJ target/plinking ammo. Practical accuracy is comparable to most full-size 9mm's, and felt recoil is considerably lighter than any other micro-9 I've shot. I have big hands (XL to XXL gloves), but with the 12-round pinky-rest mag, the P365 feels like it was custom made for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Buy it and shoot the heck out of it...
    I can't see one replacing my tried and true CM9 but i know people that would be interested
    another range report.
    The P365 has replaced my CM9 - and the Shield and M&P 9C - as my CCW of choice for the vast majority of circumstances.

Amazing little pistol!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Mine is an Oct 18, no hiccups in about 300 rounds of my hand loads. Flat point plated and XTP for defense loads. What shocks me is how soft it shoots. I traded a 290rs which is heavier but had a lot more recoil.
    Itís the first tiny nine that I shoot almost as well as some of my larger guns.

The 365 is small and thin, easy carry, but too big for my tiny pockets. Thatís ok as I didnít buy it for the pockets. IWB or AIWB depending on the situation.
    Not an EDC, but it has its moments.
    Big Western and DZUS like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Not to seriously derail this thread, but for those who have no idea who Ruth Buzzi was, one ringey dingey. . .

Video - Ruth Buzzi
    You're going to love this:

And to stay on topic...I actually had both a Glock 43 and a P365 in front of me this past Summer. It was $409 for the Glock vs $529 for the Sig. While amazed by the size of the Sig I'd already heard about the problems with the firing pin swipe. That and cost of mags too. $20 for a Glock 43 mag vs. $50 for the Sig. I always like to have at least 4-6 more magazines for any particular carry pistol. That would have been some serious cash for extra Sig mags.

I picked Glock. Then I proceeded to buy more mags on sale, stick Pearce +1's on three out of the four I got, and Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on it for another $53. I'm not a fan of the three dot system any more. All said and done I like what I have. I think I'm close to about 1200-1300 rounds through this little guy with nary a hiccup on factory ammo and only one failure to feed on one cartridge when working up some really light 90gr loads.

I'm actually on the hunt now for a second Glock as a hot spare should this one go down. But only you can decide though. It really does come down to personal preference. But some also overlook the cost factor...not that it should matter too much on a carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    jmf552, I'm also waiting for the manual safety version to come out. Anybody have any idea when that might be?

All my striker fire pistols have the manual safety. It is automatic that I swipe it off on the draw. I do an awful lot of drawing/dry fire practice at home.

I can't hardly wait to have a 365 in my pocket, I might just go ahead and order a Vedder pocket locker for it so I'll be ready from day one. But then again, maybe I should wait to confirm that Sig is planning on making the manual safety version.
    I saw a video of a Sig rep at the SHOT Show saying it would be "in the Spring." The manual safety version is not on the Sig website yet. I don't think we will have long to wait, the problem will be getting one. I'm thinking of finding a Sig dealer near me and seeing if I can pre-order.
    Big Western and DZUS like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post

Our rep said it is coming for sure, and it should be "soon"...Some people are still arguing how well it will sell. I will make sure to mention this thread :)
    Big Western likes this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Thanks everyone for your input! Iím really thinking Iíll give it a go. Soon as the feds get moving, Iíll post some pics and follow up with impressions and a range report. Unless I handle the thing and am just completely turned off, but being a Sig, thatís unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty_Red View Post
    FYI, Osage County Guns has Sig P365 mags on sale, <$40! I picked up five 12rds! Thatís cheaper than buying 10rd mags and getting extended base plates!
    Thanks for the tip, theyíre under $35 now! Iíll definitely be picking at least one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Big Western likes this.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    I'm currently debating getting a p365 or a g26 as my new EDC.
    You can't go wrong with either one. When both have their flush fit mags, the p365 offers a little more grip length. Bottom line- put them side by side, handle them, point them at the ceiling so no one freaks out, and you'll know what you want.

Also, Hickok45 has a new 43x video and he says he is carrying a p365 in pocket or owb. He gifted his son a p365 and the son is carrying it. I read Sootch is also carrying a p365. Paul Buffoni of BCM carries a p365. When I buy a p365, I'm going to create Glock decals to go over the Sig Sauer logo!
    Lefty_Red and ParsonBrown like this.

The P365 is ďmodularĒ as well. The polymer grip module is able to be ordered if other versions, like with a safety or back straps or different colors are offered.

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/sig-...p-mod-blk.html

Lefty
    Big Western likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    You can't go wrong with either one. When both have their flush fit mags, the p365 offers a little more grip length. Bottom line- put them side by side, handle them, point them at the ceiling so no one freaks out, and you'll know what you want.

Also, Hickok45 has a new 43x video and he says he is carrying a p365 in pocket or owb. He gifted his son a p365 and the son is carrying it. I read Sootch is also carrying a p365. Paul Buffoni of BCM carries a p365. When I buy a p365, I'm going to create Glock decals to go over the Sig Sauer logo!
    Self admitted EDCaholic guy. I love watching EDC videos. The Hickok45 video on the 43x was almost epic when he gave the nod to the P365. I have not seen where Sootch00 is carrying it? Do you remember where you read that at?

I have a G26 also that will not be going anywhere. I will depart with my G19 before the G26 leaves.
    5lima30ret and Big Western like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    You're going to love this:

And to stay on topic...I actually had both a Glock 43 and a P365 in front of me this past Summer. It was $409 for the Glock vs $529 for the Sig. While amazed by the size of the Sig I'd already heard about the problems with the firing pin swipe. That and cost of mags too. $20 for a Glock 43 mag vs. $50 for the Sig. I always like to have at least 4-6 more magazines for any particular carry pistol. That would have been some serious cash for extra Sig mags.

I picked Glock. Then I proceeded to buy more mags on sale, stick Pearce +1's on three out of the four I got, and Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on it for another $53. I'm not a fan of the three dot system any more. All said and done I like what I have. I think I'm close to about 1200-1300 rounds through this little guy with nary a hiccup on factory ammo and only one failure to feed on one cartridge when working up some really light 90gr loads.

I'm actually on the hunt now for a second Glock as a hot spare should this one go down. But only you can decide though. It really does come down to personal preference. But some also overlook the cost factor...not that it should matter too much on a carry gun.
    Getting a Glock 43 for $409 was a good score indeed. Locally they are going for $499 on sale, which is the same as the Sig 365. The Sig comes with excellent night sights while the Glock comes with the cheapest plastic sights (actually just dovetail place holders) imaginable. So, at local prices the Sig is a better value out the door.

Yes, you can catch Glock magazines on sale for $20 but that's not their retail price. And no one should be paying $50 for a Sig 365 12-round magazine. They are available on-line in the upper $30s. And they are steel which I prefer. And does anyone actually pay Dillion $39.99 for a Glock 19 magazine?

I waited to buy a Glock 43 until after Glock had fixed the stupid stiff triggers of the G43s that Glock initially fostered off onto the shooting public. After they fixed that problem I bought one and took it to the range a couple of times in one week. Liked it and went back to the same store and bought a second one. Turned out they have consecutive serial numbers. But the second one had a very sharp high burr running the length of safety tab. I had to disassemble the gun and remove the trigger so I could sand off the high and shape burr. This is just the latest example on my own Glocks bought in the last few years that Glock's quality is not what it used to be.

Oh, and the rear sight on that second G43 was so poorly made that I could slide it back and forth in the dovetail just with slight nail pressure. It made sighting in the gun in impossible since recoil moved the sight around. For me it wasn't a huge problem since I always change sights on any Glock, but it just should not be on a $500 dollar gun.

Now that I've changed the sights of the G43 to TFOs, added Talon rubber grips and removed the high sharp burr on the one trigger I really like my Glock 43s. I also added a G42 after they fixed its initial reliability problem so that it actually worked instead of being a paperweight. The Glock 43s have now become my favorite Glocks, relegating my G19s to second place.

I've never owned a Sig that I kept for over a couple of years, but it was never because of reliability problems. From what I read I expect that Sig has fixed the reliability problems of the first ones released. The Sig 365 is indeed intriguing and may find a place on my belt sometime in the future. But for the time being I really like my G43s.
    Risasi likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

Iíve handled one, but not shot it, and not really inclined to.

Im sure itís a fine piece, but there is nothing there that I like enough to motivate me in spending the money for it to replace what is already serving my needs very well.
    Wavygravy likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

I bought my P365 a couple of months ago. I've got 500+ rounds through it and it has been flawless. My PM9 now sits in the draw as 13 beats 7. As for mags, they are a screw but you can buy the 10 rds for $29 on eBay all day long and the 12's for another $10. Yea, the gun is expensive and so are the mags, but it feels great, shoots accurately and gives you twice the rounds of comparable concealed carry weapons. I figure my life is worth the extra $$. Otherwise, I'd carry a Hipoint and pray!
    DZUS likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links