Sig P365...Yes or No? - Page 5

Sig P365...Yes or No?

This is a discussion on Sig P365...Yes or No? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Lefty_Red I would really like to see the study that backs this statement up. In regards to armed citizen shootings. It isn't ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 91
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Sig P365...Yes or No?

  1. #61
    Member Array mlk18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty_Red View Post
    I would really like to see the study that backs this statement up. In regards to armed citizen shootings.
    It isn't hard to do the research. My Dad was a firearms instructor for the FBI in the 1970's and they were pushing that 6 rounds at 6' story way back then. But you don't need a study to read the news. Many stories about multiple home invaders, multiple terrorists, antifa riots, BLM riots, etc. Seems like common sense that people would not want a black powder derringer with them before the next verdict is read acquitting a cop of killing a poor innocent gang member who was shooting at him. Especially when you can have a tiny little 12+1 gun that is the same size as a G43.
    Big Western and DZUS like this.

  2. #62
    Member Array mlk18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty_Red View Post
    I find computer generated picture on the interwebs lacking in detail.

    Attachment 290260
    Attachment 290262
    Attachment 290264

    Real pistols, my G19.5 and my G43X, side by side and length and width comparisons.

    Lefty
    I wasn't looking at pictures, I was reading the measurements. If barely over 1/10th of an inch makes a gun ultra concealable and another one not, it seems a diet is in order. From the numbers those two guns are virtually the same size.
    Big Western likes this.

  3. #63
    Member Array Big Western's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    Self admitted EDCaholic guy. I love watching EDC videos. The Hickok45 video on the 43x was almost epic when he gave the nod to the P365. I have not seen where Sootch00 is carrying it? Do you remember where you read that at? Comment #4 at this GlockTalk thread https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/hickok45-glock-43x-video.1751182/

    I have a G26 also that will not be going anywhere. I will depart with my G19 before the G26 leaves.
    -Also, Matt from Demolition Ranch carries a Sig p365- link in green, above.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #64
    VIP Member Array Gabill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,592
    Must be something to this pistol, I think its been talked about on the DC more then Glocks.
    Struckat likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

  6. #65
    Member Array Henry9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Cowtown, USA
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Not to seriously derail this thread, but for those who have no idea who Ruth Buzzi was, one ringey dingey. . .

    Actually, that was Lilli Tomlin
    Wavygravy, OldChap and Litespeed like this.

  7. #66
    VIP Member
    Array spclopr8tr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SE Tennessee
    Posts
    3,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry9008 View Post
    Actually, that was Lilli Tomlin
    Ha, ha. Correct you are. They say memory is the first thing to go. I forget what's second.
    Wavygravy, Henry9008 and G26Raven like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

    Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR
    GOA
    TFA-LAC
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

  8. #67
    Member Array Henry9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Cowtown, USA
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Ha, ha. Correct you are. They say memory is the first thing to go. I forget what's second.
    Don't ask me, I don't remember ...

  9. #68
    VIP Member Array OldChap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,753
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I think for LE and military, capacity is a big deal, but for SD, considering a lot of people do well with 5 shot .38 or a 7 shot .380, a P365 would be a huge improvement. That Claude Werner study of 482 documented, non-LE, non-military DGUs over 5 years said that in incidents where the gun was actually fired, the median number of rounds was two and in only one case in 458 was reloading necessary and that was a guy with .32 auto trying to kill a tiger that escaped from a zoo.

    Sure, you can say what if this and what if that, but it doesn't match up to actual experience. As Grant Cunningham likes to say, a platoon of N. Korean paratroopers could land in your front yard. Then what are going to do with your 15+1 or whatever? But since that is not very likely, it is not worth prepping for.
    If a 5 shot snubbie is plenty, why is a P365 a huge improvement? In the final analysis, you rely on your crystal ball, I might choose not to do so.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

  10. #69
    VIP Member Array OldChap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry9008 View Post
    Actually, that was Lilli Tomlin
    Correct. This is Ruth Buzzi:

    Name:  6536833.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  7.2 KB
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

  11. #70
    VIP Member
    Array Snub44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,390
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Correct. This is Ruth Buzzi:

    Name:  6536833.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  7.2 KB

    Boy, that pic's held up well all these years in your wallet.
    OldChap likes this.

  12. #71
    Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,003
    I like the extra capacity for sure, as I could not guarantee I wouldn't spray and pray the first few rounds.

  13. #72
    VIP Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,382
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    If a 5 shot snubbie is plenty, why is a P365 a huge improvement? In the final analysis, you rely on your crystal ball, I might choose not to do so.
    I don't rely on crystal balls. I look for facts. As Claude Werner says, "People tend to make carry decisions based on what he calls 'sentinel events.'" These are like everyone's nightmare scenario, like an active shooter situation. Sure, that might happen, we've read about it in the news, but it is highly unlikely. If it did happen, actually taking on the active shooter, no matter what you're carrying may not be your best survival strategy.

    If you want to prepare for the highly unlikely, that's your choice. But I think that is more like using some "crystal ball" than dealing with facts.

    As to the P365, follow Grant Cunningham's risk management approach to defensive handgun choices. His thought is to figure out what is likely, and make sure all those bases are covered. Then, as an option, consider preparing for less likely scenarios. I think a snubby covers the likely scenarios. If I decide to cover less likely scenarios, a P365 might do nicely. But I have other likely scenarios that I have not yet gotten nailed down, so it's a low priority.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

  14. #73
    Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    1,266
    For me it's a no.

    I rented one Friday and while I liked it, I didn't like it enough to replace my shield. Especially at $500 plus $45-$50 for each additional magazine. I'd also have to get new holsters. Overall it would have cost over $800 to switch to the p365 and IMO it just wasn't worth it. One of the main reasons is the mag eject button was very difficult for me to get to. I had to completely change my grip to the point I could easily drop the gun in order to hit the mag release button. I also shoot my shield more accurately.

    I decided to upgrade my shield instead. I installed trijicon HD XR night sights on it yesterday and I ordered some magguts to increase the capacity. I'm not a trigger snob so I'll just leave the factory trigger.
    Wavygravy likes this.

  15. #74
    VIP Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    For me it's a no.

    I rented one Friday and while I liked it, I didn't like it enough to replace my shield. Especially at $500 plus $45-$50 for each additional magazine. I'd also have to get new holsters. Overall it would have cost over $800 to switch to the p365 and IMO it just wasn't worth it. One of the main reasons is the mag eject button was very difficult for me to get to. I had to completely change my grip to the point I could easily drop the gun in order to hit the mag release button. I also shoot my shield more accurately.

    I decided to upgrade my shield instead. I installed trijicon HD XR night sights on it yesterday and I ordered some magguts to increase the capacity. I'm not a trigger snob so I'll just leave the factory trigger.
    If one is heavily invested in a particular firearm it can be very costly to make a complete switch. At least you gave the P365 a try and found you did not like the mag release. IMO, that is a good reason to stay with what you like and are familiar with.

    There are some internet rumors that Magguts is working on springs for the P365. To me that could be quite an accomplishment there. The potential for 14+1 capacity in a P365 would be quite attractive!
    MMinSC likes this.

  16. #75
    VIP Member Array OldChap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,753
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I don't rely on crystal balls. I look for facts. As Claude Werner says, "People tend to make carry decisions based on what he calls 'sentinel events.'" These are like everyone's nightmare scenario, like an active shooter situation. Sure, that might happen, we've read about it in the news, but it is highly unlikely. If it did happen, actually taking on the active shooter, no matter what you're carrying may not be your best survival strategy.

    If you want to prepare for the highly unlikely, that's your choice. But I think that is more like using some "crystal ball" than dealing with facts.

    As to the P365, follow Grant Cunningham's risk management approach to defensive handgun choices. His thought is to figure out what is likely, and make sure all those bases are covered. Then, as an option, consider preparing for less likely scenarios. I think a snubby covers the likely scenarios. If I decide to cover less likely scenarios, a P365 might do nicely. But I have other likely scenarios that I have not yet gotten nailed down, so it's a low priority.
    I make decisions based on what I saw happen during 10 years of wearing a badge. Feel free to make yours based on whatever.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

www.sigsauerp365dryfiringacceptable.com

Click on a term to search for related topics.