RAPc vs Security 9

RAPc vs Security 9

This is a discussion on RAPc vs Security 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How come I always see the security nine mentioned as recommended gun in magazines and on YouTube, and the RAPc Never gets mentioned or any ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: RAPc vs Security 9

RAPc vs Security 9

How come I always see the security nine mentioned as recommended gun in magazines and on YouTube, and the RAPc Never gets mentioned or any love? The RAP C does not cost much more has a much better finish has a much better takedown, has a better barrel, comes with backstrapís has Novak sights, comes with a case a 12 round magazine and a 17 round magazine. I just do not understand it. Can someone help me out with this? I need some sort of clarity.
    SmoothJazz and Militant like this.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)

Son of Thunder

Look @ the weight and you'll see a difference. Not anything for HD, but 5-6 oz for carry is very noticeable at the end of the day.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Never said for carry. It could be used as home defense or glove box carry. Itís just a better gun period. Except weight.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)

Son of Thunder

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Agreed there. Built like a tank. Decent trigger. I have had 2 of them. But if HD / Truck gun is the only purpose why not go with the full size?

Quote Originally Posted by MillennialNorth View Post
    Agreed there. Built like a tank. Decent trigger. I have had 2 of them. But if HD / Truck gun is the only purpose why not go with the full size?

Thatís the beauty of the 17 rd mag with the sleeve. Itís a bit easier to stash in a glove box with the 12rd mag and itís easier to handle. IMHO
    MillennialNorth likes this.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)

Son of Thunder

The RAPC is more suited for duty carry and the Security 9 is better for concealment. The Security 9 weighs less, is thinner in width, not as tall, and not as long as the RAPC.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.
    ďI wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on. I donít do these things to other people and I require the same from them.Ē John Wayne - The Shootist

"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." Seneca

Apples vs oranges.
    I think the Security 9 is going against the G19.
    The RAPc was too close to my SR9c to even consider. And I got a really great pistol in the SR.
    The Security 9 is internal hammer not striker fired. And that makes it easier to rack.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by OlCop View Post
    The RAPC is more suited for duty carry and the Security 9 is better for concealment. The Security 9 weighs less, is thinner in width, not as tall, and not as long as the RAPC.
    Weight makes a big difference for CC...My PPS M2 is 7 ounces heavier than my CM9...7 ounces
    may not not sound like much to many...But wear that extra 7 ounces all day and it is quite noticeable.
    Wavygravy likes this.

lebomb IF you can't understand the differences maybe you should look at guns other than rugers and if you can't figure out the difference and find the one You like maybe you don't need ether one . Personally I would not buy ether ruger . Now read reviews rent if you can or handle at least and make your own choices . Works out better that way !

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    lebomb IF you can't understand the differences maybe you should look at guns other than rugers and if you can't figure out the difference and find the one You like maybe you don't need ether one . Personally I would not buy ether ruger . Now read reviews rent if you can or handle at least and make your own choices . Works out better that way !
    I have owned at least 15 to 20 different handguns. I have had a CZ po7 and Compact b75, kahr cm9, Tri-Star T 100, Walther PPS, Ruger SR 9C, Berra Thunder and Taurus pt111 to name few. I like the RAPc as well as the best of the ones Iíve owned. It feels sturdy like my steel CZ did. Just sayin.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)

Son of Thunder

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    The SR9c is better than both IMO.
    sammeow and bill35738 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    The SR9c is better than both IMO.
    Trigger yes, take down nope, plethora of safeties nope. IMHO. Traded one in for RAPc.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)

Son of Thunder

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    The problem with the average male forty and over, they tend to be will nourished (AKA=overweight) thus they complain about ounces when their body weight overage is in pounds. In my seventh decade I walk four miles a day and watch my diet. Thus the weight of a RAP/RAPC is of little consequence. I'm not a Ruger person but I've done an extensive amount of firing (7000 pus rounds) with a RAP9 with no failures to feed -fire & eject. Those attributes are more important than several extra ounces of weight that others complain about.
    LimaCharlie likes this.

The RAPc is military grade and is more durable as well.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)

Son of Thunder

RAPc vs Security 9

Quote Originally Posted by OlCop View Post
    The Security 9 is taller and longer than the RAPC. You might be comparing the full size RAP.
    I agree that the RAP was designed more for durability and longevity as a duty weapon.
    Last edited by SmoothJazz; March 9th, 2019 at 02:16 PM.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. ~Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links