Can't shoot a Glock - Page 2

Can't shoot a Glock

This is a discussion on Can't shoot a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by entertainment72 Glocks have the ergonomics of a 2x4. The few times I shot them my accuracy was good. But I would rather ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Can't shoot a Glock

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    Glocks have the ergonomics of a 2x4. The few times I shot them my accuracy was good. But I would rather shoot other guns than a Glock.
    I'll buy my second Glock right after they copy CZ's grip angle.
    Now I'll get out here,before somebody think I hate Glocks.
    Good night everybody.
    This is Joe the HUN.
    PepNYC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty222 View Post
    Target shooting yes,but point shooting no.
    I'm one of the known point shooters here, instructor in threat focused/point shooting pistol skills. It's all in the wrist, the fine tuner. Developing the proprioception, it's as simple as that.

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...-shooting.html
    redmc, PepNYC, OldChap and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    I'm one of the known point shooters here, instructor in threat focused/point shooting pistol skills. It's all in the wrist, the fine tuner. Developing the proprioception, it's as simple as that.

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...-shooting.html
    Yes Sir,
    I agree,that practice makes the master.Also (luckily)we are all different.Some people like the preacher,some like he's wife,and I like their daughter.
    (The last sentence is a joke.)
    AzQkr and PepNYC like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Yes Sir,
    I agree,that practice makes the master.Also (luckily)we are all different.Some people like the preacher,some like he's wife,and I like their daughter.
    (The last sentence is a joke.)
    It's basically, hand me a gun, I can shoot it. I've had students ask me if I could shoot their gun as well as my own choice of sidearm.

"does it have a grip, barrel and trigger, yes, I can shoot yours as well as mine". Then proceed to take theirs to prove the point. GOT to have command of the basics. Shooting is one of the easiest skills to acquire.
    Ceapea and OldChap like this.

I'll buy my second Glock right after they copy CZ's grip angle.
    Now I'll get out here,before somebody think I hate Glocks.
    Good night everybody.
    This is Joe the HUN.
    I'll buy my next CZ when they copy my glocks grip angle

It's basically, hand me a gun, I can shoot it. I've had students ask me if I could shoot their gun as well as my own choice of sidearm.

"does it have a grip, barrel and trigger, yes, I can shoot yours as well as mine". Then proceed to take theirs to prove the point. GOT to have command of the basics. Shooting is one of the easiest skills to acquire.
    Same thing happens to me at my local club where, for reasons unknown to me, I am considered a "good shot". When people (newer shooters?) have difficulty shooting accurately, the RO's send them to me to for help and instruction, if I am there. Sometimes, they are truly amazed at how accurate their gun can be. I can point shoot anything I can pick up, with about 5 minutes of practice. I shoot Glocks and 1911's competitively, no problems switching between the two when I bring and shoot both at the same match.
    Rusty222, AzQkr and Bigsteve113 like this.
    I’m tip top, but I’m not Robin Hood!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    Thugs that comply, don't die!

Practice,even if it's 5 minutes,makes the MASTER.Yessssssir.
    AzQkr likes this.

Practice,even if it's 5 minutes,makes the MASTER.Yessssssir.
    Took me an afternoon and 1K rounds to develop the appropriate wrist proprioception when moving from 1911's to the glock/s.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Glocks aren't my favorite to shoot but with enough rounds through them they've become my second favorite firearm (behind CZ). I have taken to Glocks because they flat out work.
    Ceapea and SnoMan97 like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Took me an afternoon and 1K rounds to develop the appropriate wrist proprioception when moving from 1911's to the glock/s.
    Took me even more to go from Python to High Standard Military Trophy,and than 1911.
    Hmmmm...practice makes the master.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PepNYC View Post
    Why is it i'm more accurate with almost every other handgun out there but Glocks? I'm not the best shot but I can pick up a S&W, SIG, Ruger, Springfield, etc. Heck, even a Taurus for the first time and shoot 4 inch groups at 10 yards no problem. I know all guns are different, triggers, sites, etc and I know if I train with them exclusively I'd be more proficient but it's just weird I can do well with others right off the shelf. Is it the grip angle or what?
    Let me guess... low, and to the left.
    OldChap, Ceapea and Instymp like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Took me about that many rounds over two range trips to get really comfortable with my 26 after shooting mainly a 226 and a 229. I rarely aim and shoot, I usually keep my eye on the point I want to put a hole in, bring the gun up from the bench, and pull the trigger as soon as the gun is “in position” (for lack of better terminology). I guess it’s point shooting, I figure if I need to use it I’m not going to have time to stand there and make sure all of my body parts are in the “correct” positions and I have the “correct” sight picture-I want to be able to quickly put a hole really close to the point my eyes are focused on.

Distinguished Member Array FLSlim's Avatar
    I think many people have initial issues with a Glock pistol. IMHO, the trigger leaves a lot to be desired, but it certainly can be mastered. I had a G30 gen 3 that was great out of the box--accurate & easy to shoot. I've also had others that took time to master (for me it was a G23 and G26). I have a G19 gen 4 that was okay new, but not what I wanted. Now at 5k rounds the trigger has smoothed out (it didn't take that long but that is where I am in round count) and it is a very good shooter. Honestly Glocks have a so-so trigger (bad compared to a decent 1911), but rounds fired (ie, practice and familiarity with the gun) and the smoothing of the trigger can make it an accurate pistol; certainly one that will shoot 4" groups at 10 yds. My advice, be patient and keep shooting.
    Bigsteve113 likes this.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    I have taken to Glocks because they flat out work.
    I agree with that,and that's why I'm using a G19 for "just in case".

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    I should add that changing out the trigger really made shooting Glocks much more enjoyable for me. That stupid dingus safety sticking out beyond the front of the trigger must have been designed by a Sadist.
    Frodebro likes this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links