Can't shoot a Glock - Page 3

Can't shoot a Glock

This is a discussion on Can't shoot a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo I should add that changing out the trigger really made shooting Glocks much more enjoyable for me. That stupid dingus safety ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Can't shoot a Glock

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    I should add that changing out the trigger really made shooting Glocks much more enjoyable for me. That stupid dingus safety sticking out beyond the front of the trigger must have been designed by a Sadist.
    And to add to the torture, not only is the dingus really thin, but it also has a nice sharp edge to it from the mold. I sanded down the flashing on all three of my Glocks, which helped, and later installed a Zev trigger on my 26, which makes it a completely different gun to shoot.

It took me a while to get used to shooting flacks. Now I almost never shoot anything else.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    must have been designed by a Sadist.
    Left leaning engineers designed them for people who have two left hands.(only a wild guess.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodebro View Post
    And to add to the torture, not only is the dingus really thin, but it also has a nice sharp edge to it from the mold. I sanded down the flashing on all three of my Glocks, which helped, and later installed a Zev trigger on my 26, which makes it a completely different gun to shoot.
    Here is my Zev experience:

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...binson-me.html
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

A 2x4 has the ergonomics of a 2x4; a Glock has the ergonomics of a Glock. I can pick up my "2x4" Glock 30 and shoot it, then pick up my 6906 and shoot it, followed by my CZ-82--that fits like they custom made it for me--and shoot it, and other than bullet hole size, it would be difficult to say which gun shot which target. I'm not bragging about my shooting, just saying I shoot most all handguns the same.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    If you're lining up the sights, have command of the basics of handhold and trigger pull, grip angle has absolutely NOTHING to do with how accurate any person can shoot a pistol.

All this hooey about grip angle, natural pointing pluses and minuses is just smoke and mirrors for poor basics.

OP, keep at it, watch/work on your fundamentals.
    Brownie,

It was actually in your point shooting course in Florida that I discovered a difference in grip angle. I used both my Kimbers and my first NEW Glock-36 to shoot the 1400 rounds of .45's. Without using sights, of course, I did discover (I wouldn't call it hooey) the difference, and no smoke of mirrors were used. I had no problem shooting with either the Kimber or the Glock, but the Glock seemed to feel more natural to me. It was after your course that I decided to sell my 3 Kimbers and load up on more Glocks. I'm just sayin'...

BTW, I did enjoy your course! It's was quite a while ago!
    Mike1956 and AzQkr like this.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: ďThe prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.Ē

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty222 View Post
    Practice,even if it's 5 minutes,makes the MASTER.Yessssssir.
    Alright, perhaps a few more than 5...but you get my point. I actually don't do too much point shooting on a regular basis. But I do so while in my SD classes (once a month) and switch pretty easily from either my G19 or G27 to a snubby j frame, all point shooting, and get equally good hits (5"-6" at center of mass) with any of them out to 15' or so.
    That, is good enough for me.
    Iím tip top, but Iím not Robin Hood!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    If you're lining up the sights, have command of the basics of handhold and trigger pull, grip angle has absolutely NOTHING to do with how accurate any person can shoot a pistol.

All this hooey about grip angle, natural pointing pluses and minuses is just smoke and mirrors for poor basics.

OP, keep at it, watch/work on your fundamentals.
    Some of us thrive on hooey.

Just sayin'...
    AzQkr likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

I should mention this. My comments are not intended to direct you to professional training BEFORE becoming proficient at protecting yourself and your family with a handgun. My advice is toward becoming, for want of a tired cliche, a master shooter. That is a goal everyone who carries or relies on a pistol for saving lives should strive for. I suspect some of us here have shot around 1 million rounds and we still practice and we still learn. It is not really something where you just "arrive."

When I shot in competition, I probably averaged close to 10,000 rounds a week. And I kept that up over 4 years. Most of that was with a 1911 and a High Standard Victor 22. I shot both out to 50 yards in competition and regularly took the 45 out to 100 yards in practice. One would think I might have "arrived" - yet now, almost 50 years later, I still feel the need to go back and make sure the fundamentals are fresh.

So all this is to encourage you. Learn what you need from someone who is an expert, and keep learning. After a while, no gun will be a greater or lessor challenge. Good luck.
    Ceapea likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Iíve run about 800 rounds through mine since I did the swap, it seems to be staying together so far. If not, my LGS where I bought it will take care of it. Good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Let me guess... low, and to the left.
    Assuming he's right handed...yep. Strangely, my brother in law, who is also right handed, shoots high and left with his G21. He is a old time 1911 shooter. I figure that he is anticipating the recoil and pushes up (Heeling, I think its called?) on the gun just before firing.
    Iím tip top, but Iím not Robin Hood!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty222 View Post
    Target shooting yes,but point shooting no.
    You gotta walk before you run. Aimed fire is basic, basic, basic. If you can't hit with aimed fire any pointing is luck.
    AzQkr and SatCong like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    You gotta walk before you run. Aimed fire is basic, basic, basic. If you can't hit with aimed fire any pointing is luck.
    Self protection would be within close range,so point shooting is just fine.
    Editing.
    I'm very good aimed fire,as a matter of fact I was told at age 14,that I'll be sent to sniper class,and after that I just didn't shoot good.That was 1959 Hungary,Behind the iron curtain.
    Instymp and Bad Bob like this.

I just don't get it at all, I really don't. All this hand wringing over grip angles and sights and triggers just flat out baffles me. Line up the sights and squeeze the trigger, does not matter if it has a trigger safety, grittiness, long pull,short pull 3 pound trigger or 14 pound trigger, 380 recoil or 44 magnum recoil I find I can hit what I aim at after no more than 3 shots to get familiar with the gun even if the sights were totally knocked off alignment. I seriously think there is a lot of internet band wagon jumping and/or some serious lack of shooting fundamentals going on here. I am not talking preferences just plain old getting it done.
    A 4" group at 10 yards is a pretty low bar.
    Ceapea and AzQkr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PepNYC View Post
    Why is it i'm more accurate with almost every other handgun out there but Glocks? I'm not the best shot but I can pick up a S&W, SIG, Ruger, Springfield, etc. Heck, even a Taurus for the first time and shoot 4 inch groups at 10 yards no problem. I know all guns are different, triggers, sites, etc and I know if I train with them exclusively I'd be more proficient but it's just weird I can do well with others right off the shelf. Is it the grip angle or what?
    Glocks are the butterface of the gun world. If they do not work for you, there are a host of other choices....
    Instymp likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links