Slimming down for EDC - New CW9 - Page 2

Slimming down for EDC - New CW9

This is a discussion on Slimming down for EDC - New CW9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm one who has had good luck with Kahrs. I currently own three and they have all been flawless. The trick with the Kahr sights ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Slimming down for EDC - New CW9

I'm one who has had good luck with Kahrs. I currently own three and they have all been flawless. The trick with the Kahr sights is to cover the poa with the front dot.

Senior Moderator
    A CW9 was my compact carry gun for a decade, on my person at home and for when I needed something smaller than a full-sized 1911. Recently retired from active duty in favor of a .45 Shield, it served well and never, ever failed to go bang on demand.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I carried kahrs for 15 years . First was a new but problem cw9 for another owner I bought at a out door range cheap when the owner got made at it . Ran great for me Picked up a cm9 for pocket carry at work and a tp40 as my normal carry option . A daughter took a liking to the cw9 for her EDC now for 7 or 8 years and after hand surgery I have to go heaver wider with a short light trigger so daughter husband has my tp40 . but my ole cm9 gathers dust bunnies . I can shoot a kahr today some , just not as I use to .

Hey Try a Wolff Springs Reduced Pressure Striker Spring . IT will reduce the trigger pull weight 1 lb and will not effect primers strike reliability and holds up to several thousand rounds at least .

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Good find. I carried a CM9 for about 3 years and still pocket carry a P380 when I don't want to carry IWB. Both guns have been flawless from day 1.
    Litespeed likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Congrats!
    Militant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Athappyhiker View Post
    ... but was looking to get a single stack 9mm, so picked this up at a local gun show today; Kahr CW9 new in box for $300.
    I purchased my K9 new about six months ago. I carry it in a Don Hume 721 Open Top (OWB) holster, and carry and shoot 124 gr. Speer Gold Dot +P or 124 gr. Federal HST +P. It is excellent for CC (for me). I shoot it a lot!

My Sig M11-A1 is seriously jealous of the attention my K9 gets from me. The Sig pleads, "But, but, but, I can wear the OEM threaded barrel and the 17-rnd Mec-Gar mags you purchased for me, and I can wear the .357 Sig / .40 S&W X-Change kit you also purchased for me!"

Oh, and about three weeks ago I placed an order for a Mitch Rosen 5JR Thumb Break holster for the K9. Should be here in about nine more weeks. I am totally committed!

I hope you'll continue to be pleased with your CW9. I think you will!

rx7sig

Distinguished Member Array Chief1297's Avatar
    I went with walther PPS for slim and single stack...Hope your Khar serves you well....
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I went with walther PPS for slim and single stack...Hope your Khar serves you well....
    Nice. I love the PPS/PPK looks, very classy. I have the "poor man's PPS" - the Bersa Thunder 380 and used to carry it IWB often. I love the way that style of gun fits in the hand, but for the same size I can get 9mm effectiveness vs 380. And the CW9 weighs less if I'm not mistaken.

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    I don't have any Kahrs, but my wife started with a K9, then added a CM9 and finally a PM9. She loves them all and they have been totally reliable. You got yours for a good price, too!
    Athappyhiker likes this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

All my Kahrís never liked me. I liked them and kept trying but all 4 hed issues. Cracked frame. Slides not locking back,mags,kept dropping,and lets not forget all the FTF FTEís this over the 4 I had. I really wanted to like them but I just gave up. Maybe youíll have better luck:(

Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    All my Kahrís never liked me. I liked them and kept trying but all 4 hed issues. Cracked frame. Slides not locking back,mags,kept dropping,and lets not forget all the FTF FTEís this over the 4 I had. I really wanted to like them but I just gave up. Maybe youíll have better luck:(
    Cracked frame??? And this was a gun fault and not an ammo fault (were you shooting a lot of +P or +P+ ammo??) I've never heard of a cracked frame on a Kahr. Did you send these guns back to Kahr for repair/replacement? What you just described seems like you either have the worst luck with guns or there's something else going on.... I've heard the exact opposite overall in lots of user reviews/tests; very well made, solid guns with tight tolerances that are very reliable. I have heard about mags dropping, but usually that seems to be a result of people not fully inserting the mag until it clicks home. I wouldn't run steel or aluminum cased ammo in it and expect perfect reliability; ANY gun I run with those ammo types have higher problem rates.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.

Cracked frame??? And this was a gun fault and not an ammo fault (were you shooting a lot of +P or +P+ ammo??) I've never heard of a cracked frame on a Kahr. Did you send these guns back to Kahr for repair/replacement? What you just described seems like you either have the worst luck with guns or there's something else going on.... I've heard the exact opposite overall in lots of user reviews/tests; very well made, solid guns with tight tolerances that are very reliable. I have heard about mags dropping, but usually that seems to be a result of people not fully inserting the mag until it clicks home. I wouldn't run steel or aluminum cased ammo in it and expect perfect reliability; ANY gun I run with those ammo types have higher problem rates.
    I have had a few in my day and never had a problem them....I had a CW9 but liked the shorter grip on the CM9.
    My only issue with them is that cheesey staked on front plastic sight...I always switch them out for a front night sight
    that attaches with a screw.

It was a brand new MK9 the first time I took it to the range I put about 50 rounds of 115gr Winchester FMJ through it.I took it home to clean it and itís discovered a hairline crack between the barrel hole and the recoil spring hole in the front of the frame. The picture shown is a stock picture not of the exact gun just to show you the front. I returned it immediately to the dealer and got my money back minus the transfer fee. (Correction on my previous post it was the slide not the frame)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slimming down for EDC - New CW9-7ea8b40e-5989-4f79-a73c-52b4068308e5.jpeg  

I have a PM9 that has been flawless as has my wife's CW9. However, my P45 required a trip back to the factory to have the reliability installed.

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    I have a PM9 that has been flawless as has my wife's CW9. However, my P45 required a trip back to the factory to have the reliability installed.
    reliability installed may be a factory option
    Athappyhiker likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links