Couples that both carry? - Page 4

Couples that both carry?

This is a discussion on Couples that both carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by beebee I carry a Sig P938, and my bride of 45 years carries a P238... I get yelled at if I run ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Couples that both carry?

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    I carry a Sig P938, and my bride of 45 years carries a P238... I get yelled at if I run 1/2 mile to the dollar general store for a couple of nails, or a bag of chips without my gun... So now I have a tiny .22 mag revolver on the way, and will be getting a KelTec P32 for its tiny size and ridiculously light weight for those times when I am too lazy to stick the gun in my pocket or have pants on that fall down when carrying the 938.. My wife is pretty radical about never leaving home without both of our guns, even if its just taking the grandkids home.. Mind you, this is out in the country- the most rural part of NY Finger Lakes region, no crime here, not too many people, and the main business is dairy farms and feed corn.... She doesn't believe in taking the slightest chance, and makes me fall in line.. She DOES buy me guns or lets me buy my own, so she's a keeper.. Oh yeah, at the range she makes me look like an idiot without exception . Often because she always carries, I sometimes get lazy and don't, and I have decided thats not a good thing to continue doing, hence a couple of tiny guns that weigh nothing. No more excuses...bob
    Sounds like your girl is setting an excellent example for all of us Bob!

I usually carry either my Springfield XD or XDs, each in 9mm. When Mrs Awanatech was interested in replacing her .38 revolver with a semi-auto, she tried each of my guns, including the ones that I don't generally carry. We also went to the range where she could rent & try various models. While she liked a SIG, she liked the XDs just as much and shot each as well as the other. At first, she wasn't sure if she should get the same as what I had. She thought that seemed silly at first, to have 2 of the same gun. But I told her that it actually made a lot of sense. That way, she is very familiar with either of my main carry guns. When we go to the range, I have plenty of mags for each of us to use. It simplifies ammo purchasing, and I always keeps some ammo in the truck anyway.
    G26Raven and Redbert31 like this.

I carry a 2.0 M&P 9 Compact with reload. My wife carries the M&P 9C first gen. She carries a 17 rounder for the reload. She could use my magazines and I could use her reload if needed. Didn't really plan it that way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    The wife and I both have permits to carry and do. She carries a S&W M642 and we have extra snubbies and ammo in our vehicles as spares. I sometimes carry a "J" frame, but may be carrying anything that sparks my fancy on any given day.
    G26Raven, Snub44, Sister and 1 others like this.

My wife and I both carry. She usually has her G26 and I have my G19. Sometimes she's got her Sig P238. We both shoot all the guns at the range. Even my 13yr old boy shoots all the guns at the range. In depth knowledge of your carry gun and a familiarity with a variety of other guns is important.
    Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest.

-- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    My wife simply is not going to carry. She has no objection to me doing so. I think she is the "Can't happen to me" type. I point out to her the recent bank shooting in Sebring where five women were executed, that everyone of those women woke that morning thinking something like that would never happen to them, and she says, "Yes, that's terrible. I'm going to Walmart, need anything?"

So I get off my butt and go to Walmart with her. What are you going to do?
    I feel your pain. Sounds like we are married to the same woman.
    Redbert31 likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    I feel your pain. Sounds like we are married to the same woman.
    I wondered where she went on weekends.
    Snub44, Vexmaw, CWOUSCG and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

My wife usually doesn't carry her gun if I am carrying "heavy". A full sized 9mm. DB9FS with 15 rounds or SR9 with 17 rounds. Extra mag if appropriate for location.

When I am carrying "light", LC9s Pro, she will usually carry her EC9s in her Gun Tote'n Mamas gun purse. Not ideal but she likes it.
    Mags interchange and I will have 1 extra 9 round mag.

All handguns are 9mm so at least all ammo interchanges between them.
    G26Raven, Redbert31 and Henry9008 like this.

My wife has a XD .45 Mod2 that the carries in a purse holster. I will either carry my G19 or single stack 9. When we are together maybe we both carry or one of us does. If we are out and I am going to have a drink my wife carries, I will not carry and consume alcohol. I can't risk a poor decision. I won't even clean a gun with alcohol in the picture. That said rest assured there is always one well armed person in this couple.
    Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more. George S. Patton

Distinguished Member Array Chief1297's Avatar
    My wife will not touch a gun even to move it. She is perfectly satisfied with me being the armed one of the group. She has no interest in shooting, learning how to shoot, load or otherwise touch a firearm. She used to be an anti until we came home to a break in and she started paying attention to the news. Amazing how that happens. This is one area of our lives that never intersect. We are OK with that.
    Redbert31 likes this.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Distinguished Member
    Matched Sig P938 Equinox's
    Some times I'll carry the 938 as a bug and something larger as a primary.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

My wife and I both carry.

Usually totally different handguns. We are okay with that.

I carry a G27, she carries a P238.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    G26Raven, Redbert31 and Spudboy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    If you and your significant other both carry - do you see any value in both of you carrying the "same' gun? The same could mean a lot of things...same platform (IE no safeties and striker fired just to make something up). Maybe it's a G26 and a G19...maybe it's two shields. The list of possibilities goes on and on.

One thing I come across is the scenario where the husband carries all the time, the wife has her permit but doesn't carry very often but does enjoy shooting...is proficient in the basics etc etc. Do you make sure she is good to go with your carry pistol? Again, just an example...Maybe each person does their own thing because it is what they are more proficient with.

Anyway how do you folks approach this?

Good thread and good thoughts.

The part of the world Iím from itís the Mommaís that are teaching the sons (and daughters) to be proficient with their guns itís not just the Deddies! I donít use my husbands guns they donít fit, that would be like trying to wear his shoes just doesnít work out well.

Women should have their own guns and not depend on a husband to teach them, teaching should start at an early age by the family IMHO.

I would like for everybody in America THAT IS AN AMERICAN to carry makes no difference man or woman, only folks that shouldnít are crazy people (medically proven, not by the state) and folks that are afraid of them, donít want to push anything on anyone everybody has rights.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Good thread and good thoughts.

The part of the world Iím from itís the Mommaís that are teaching the sons (and daughters) to be proficient with their guns itís not just the Deddies! I donít use my husbands guns they donít fit, that would be like trying to wear his shoes just doesnít work out well.

Women should have their own guns and not depend on a husband to teach them, teaching should start at an early age by the family IMHO.

I would like for everybody in America THAT IS AN AMERICAN to carry makes no difference man or woman, only folks that shouldnít are crazy people (medically proven, not by the state) and folks that are afraid of them, donít want to push anything on anyone everybody has rights.
    Then can I have my Model 19 back? Please?
    G26Raven, Redbert31 and JonathanG like this.

Sister says "There are Angels walking among us. If they're mean they're not Angels and you can shoot them"

Black Rifles Matter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links