Diamondback AM2 follow-up

This is a discussion on Diamondback AM2 follow-up within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I just finished putting 1000 RDS of mixed ammo through my AM2 without one issue. The pistol is almost the size as my Glock ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Diamondback AM2 follow-up

Well I just finished putting 1000 RDS of mixed ammo through my AM2 without one issue. The pistol is almost the size as my Glock 43 with twice to 3 times the ammo depending on which magazine I have in and for me I can shoot it much more accurately. It now goes into my rotation really happy with it.
    Max
    USCG Ret. Code Enforcement Officer, Small Arms Instructor.

Great shooting gun it sounds like. I've held one but never sot it.. ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

They build a great airboat !! There handguns have had a rather interesting beta cycle . I pass .

I rather have the G2c ever time .
    drmordo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    They build a great airboat !! There handguns have had a rather interesting beta cycle . I pass .

I rather have the G2c ever time .
    That is a first...Someone jabs at a Diamondback then follows it up with a compliment on a Taurus.
    Have you fired a AM2?....Just curious because i haven't....But i have a G2 and it hasn't set the bar very
    high in my opinion...It is certainly not a gun i measure all others by in that category.
    Wavygravy likes this.

I have shot one of DB single stack that proved to be a turd a son in law bought , it went home twice before proving reliable enough to trade off . Point was at least the taurus pt111g2 proved to be a pretty gun low cost pistol that I have range time with as a daughter wanted one when they first came out and ran the first 400 rounds thru trouble free . Todays its somewhere around 3000 rounds of my practice ammo threw it and now the g2c has proven to be reliable too . Now If you think DB firearms , in one included is something to judge others to go for it .

Other wise I stay with my first thoughts on the new DB

I rather have the G2c every time . I'll let YOU beta test any DB handgun .
    drmordo likes this.

I have shot one of DB single stack that proved to be a turd a son in law bought , it went home twice before proving reliable enough to trade off . Point was at least the taurus pt111g2 proved to be a pretty gun low cost pistol that I have range time with as a daughter wanted one when they first came out and ran the first 400 rounds thru trouble free . Todays its somewhere around 3000 rounds of my practice ammo threw it and now the g2c has proven to be reliable too . Now If you think DB firearms , in one included is something to judge others to go for it .

I guess i don't see much sense in raining on a new owners parade
    by bringing up a gun not related to the thread...It appears he is happy with it....
    So i am happy for him ....As well i am happy for you that your G2C has met your expectations.
    Wavygravy and ETXhiker like this.

use to the

d te
    I am glad that you like you're G2C. I have owned both the G2C and the G2C never got use to the trigger on them. I also had to send the G2C back toTaurus because of light primer strikes and feeding issued. Sold both and purchased a Glock 43 and the DB AM2 as I stated I have put 1000 rds down range with the AM2 without a hitch and at this point I feel completely safe in carrying it to protect myself or my family. Diamondback has had some issues but from my experience with n the AM2 I think they finally got it figured out. Have a great day.
    Wavygravy, drmordo and ETXhiker like this.
    Max

Hey I made a statement , don't like well I feel the same about your reply's so lets move on . Oh the pt111g2 is my daughters but I did shoot the first 400 rounds . Guys dislike all sorts of triggers . Striker fired guy's that hate 1911 triggers or the other way around . Some hate da sa triggers . Does not matter if a brand or model runs reliably for the masses as a whole .

Like I said before I will let others be beta testers but they do have a very shady history behind them with firearms .

Yes lets move on....OP keep us posted please.

Congrats mamaxwell on your new AM2.
    I considered getting one to compliment my DB9FS. I waited for a long time but I couldn't find them for sale.

Got tired of waiting and ended up with a EC9s and a LC9s Pro.

Been hearing some pretty good reviews so it may be back on my radar.
    If you don't mind..what was the cost?

BTW...My DB9FS has been my full size CC gun for 2 yrs. It's been a reliable handgun. I can't recall any function issues.
    There was one issue that DB took care of. Their customer service has been great.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyR View Post
    Congrats mamaxwell on your new AM2.
    I considered getting one to compliment my DB9FS. I waited for a long time but I couldn't find them for sale.

Got tired of waiting and ended up with a EC9s and a LC9s Pro.

Been hearing some pretty good reviews so it may be back on my radar.
    If you don't mind..what was the cost?

BTW...My DB9FS has been my full size CC gun for 2 yrs. It's been a reliable handgun. I can't recall any function issues.
    There was one issue that DB took care of. Their customer service has been great.
    Had a DB9FS....Regret getting rid of it....It was a good gun but i wanted another smaller carry gun and had plenty of nightstand/Home guns already.

No I do not mind at all. I got the pistol from Gallery of Guns for $299 plus their cost all total I believe it was $349
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by mamaxwell View Post
    No I do not mind at all. I got the pistol from Gallery of Guns for $299 plus their cost all total I believe it was $349
    Thanks....

Keep us updated!
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Glad to hear it, I may have to give one a try. After a thousand rounds through my little DB9 the only major downsides to it that I've found are that it's not the most fun to shoot (though I've gotten used to it at this point) and that any time I mention Diamondback someone spouts off about them being the worst guns ever made.

Mine still has yet to malfunction in use, beyond when I tried to force it to fail by actively limp-wristing it until it failed to cycle. I carry it regularly, it's as easy to pocket as a .380, so in jeans I often just pocket carry it in a Vedder Pocket Locker kydex holster. I've grown attached to it as part of my carry options that I think I'm going to buy the new version, just for the slide stop though they also claim the trigger has been improved as well.

I've had more problems with the two Kahr guns I've bought than my craptastical little DB9; it just runs and runs . . .
    JeffreyR likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links