Need a lighter pistol for Sunday carry - Page 4

Need a lighter pistol for Sunday carry

This is a discussion on Need a lighter pistol for Sunday carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are you using a good gun belt? A stiff one should ride on your hips and not lee your pants sag. Sent from my iPhone ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Need a lighter pistol for Sunday carry

Are you using a good gun belt? A stiff one should ride on your hips and not lee your pants sag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Taurahe likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    I have tried pocket carry of the CM9 and for the most part found it too heavy for dress pants. What I can comfortably carry is the 10oz Kahr P380 with Precsion One XTP ammo in a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster. I wouldn't want to rely on it for a mass shooting response, but it might be the only option if you can't dress around a larger gun.
    Wavygravy and OldChap like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Another vote for the Ruger LC9s.

Need a lighter pistol for Sunday carry-ruger-lc9s-clinger-holster.jpg.

Ruger LC9s in a Clinger holster
    A .380 in your pocket is better than a .45 at home.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    Semi auto i would go with a DB9 gen 4. A good revolver would be a saw 432pd. It has 6 rounds of .32 magnum and is a very light weight.
    SmoothJazz and Cornhusker95 like this.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Yup, church seems to be dangerous. We had a strange one here today with an event going on this evening. I hope the rain and the promised thunderstorms keep the crazies away tonight.
    OldChap likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    funny, when I go to church is a 1911 5" since is the preferred weapon of God, other days is a Sig 220 or HK USPc in .40.
    Chief1297, OldChap and OD* like this.

Senior Member Array lee n. field's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    I've been carrying a Taurus TCP in a tuckable holster and have no problems concealing or carrying it. I just want to move up to a 9mm and I've tried with my XDs which I can conceal but the weight is just too much. My dress slack sag and I end up looking like a slob.
    XD guns tend to run heavy, compared to rough equivalents from other makers. <shrug>. I carry one, anyway.

I am having a hard time convincing myself to carry a Sig P938 or a Springfield 911 because cocked and locked with no grip safety is still outside of my comfort zone.

I was considering a Sig P290RS but the weight is too close to the XDs

I am considering a Kahr CM9 (I just read a bunch of good comments from you guys on another thread about the CW9 and I"m hoping the same goes for the CM9 as well).

I need to lean on you learned folks...are there any other pistols that are 9mm, reliable and around 15 oz. in weight?

Thanks as always.
    15oz.? If that's a hard number, contemplate a .38 snubby. Otherwise, G43 and S&W Shield are a bit heavier than that.
    OldChap likes this.

For when Iím out walking the dog my Kel-Tec P3AT 380 weights 11.1 oz. fully loaded with 7 rounds of 90gr. Ammo. I know what your thinking but itís a Keltec junk right not so it never missed a beat and itís dead on accurate. The best $219.00 I ever spent. Not that I need a gun with Dino my Akita:)
    OldChap and Instymp like this.

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    For when Iím out walking the dog my Kel-Tec P3AT 380 weights 11.1 oz. fully loaded with 7 rounds of 90gr. Ammo. I know what your thinking but itís a Keltec junk right not so it never missed a beat and itís dead on accurate. The best $219.00 I ever spent. Not that I need a gun with Dino my Akita:)
    I usually have my Keltec P32 in my pocket when i walk my dog. I have two of them and they run great too.
    OldChap and Instymp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Petroleum 1 View Post
    Semi auto i would go with a DB9 gen 4. A good revolver would be a saw 432pd. It has 6 rounds of .32 magnum and is a very light weight.
    I have one that has been through 700 rounds so far....Not fun to shoot past a few mags each range trip but
    but about as small as i have seen in a 9mm
    Petroleum 1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bsms2 View Post
    I'm old enough that someone spotting suspenders under a jacket wouldn't think "Gun!". Just "Eccentric old guy!" A couple of guys at church who are probably NOT carrying use suspenders because (like me) they have no hips. I'm not sold on them for daily wear. My EC9s & jeans are OK without them. No gun belt I've tried has helped carry the 92 on my hips. The suspenders darn near make it float. Now I just need to find a good way to conceal the size of it!

Also, FWIW...in church, I'm not too concerned with needing a "Get off me" gun. Church wear is based on an active shooter scenario, which to me suggests a bigger, LONGER gun with excellent sights - too many innocent people in too small a space and a longer shot may be needed. 7-yard, "minute of BG" accuracy isn't enough. I used to carry my LCP or J-frame to church. Now I consider my Glock 27 to be the smallest gun I want to take. I'm considering an XDS with the longer barrel option. Weight needs to be way down the list of my priorities - on Sunday! For the rest of the week, my J-frame or EC9 works.

PS: I'm lucky to live in a state where "concealed" means "discrete"!
    I frequently carry my Glock 27 as a back up (when I'm not carrying the G30S in another shoulder holster), but mine is a bit different. I use an aftermarket .357 Sig barrel designed for a Glock 32. The barrel is a bit longer that the G27/G33 length, works perfectly with .357 mags in the G27, and gives me a little more velocity. The .357 is very flat shooting and also very accurate - enough so that I feel confident out to 50 yards if extreme circumstances arise. On days when it is not so horribly hot and I can wear a coat to church, the G27/G33/G32 rides in a Galco shoulder holster with a G31 mag in the off side mag carrier.

Just a thought for you.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    your tcp is fine.... get an actual dress carry belt instead. It will look the part AND hold your gun up.
    graydude likes this.
    ĒGod grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.Ē
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    wear a sport coat to church and carry big owb!

Head towards the light.. carry one of the snubbies. The safety is in the trigger. I carry 6 shot LCR 327 loaded with H&R Magnums.
    Petroleum 1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GPNP View Post
    Another vote for the Ruger LC9s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger LC9s Clinger Holster.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	6.61 MB 
ID:	292400.

Ruger LC9s in a Clinger holster
    Too bad they donít make the Atom anymore. I like the offset clip.
    LC9, LC9S, or EC9S.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links