CMMG Banshee-On the Range

This is a discussion on CMMG Banshee-On the Range within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all! Here's my range review of the Banshee. Be sure to let the know your thoughts! Howard...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: CMMG Banshee-On the Range

Hi all! Here's my range review of the Banshee. Be sure to let the know your thoughts!

Howard

10thmtn, ETXhiker, darbo and 3 others like this.

Good video!

Have to agree...for the cost of three or more good sidearms, it should come with iron sights, at a minimum.
    hrfunk and hogdaddy like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Great video! Looks like a very capable firearm.

Joe

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Good video!

Have to agree...for the cost of three or more good sidearms, it should come with iron sights, at a minimum.
    I can't remember if I said this here before or not (if I did, please forgive me!). As I understand CMMG's marketing, the Banshee is intended to compete against the H&K MP5. In that light, it's considerably cheaper than the H&K. That said, it's still pricy for an AR-style pistol, and I think buyers should at least get sights and a trigger upgrade for their money.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Joezilla View Post
    Great video! Looks like a very capable firearm.

Joe
    Thank you! I think one thing I forgot to mention is it's fun!

Howard
    Last edited by hrfunk; April 5th, 2019 at 08:23 AM.

Yea... I have been eyeing up AR pistols since I knew about going up to Maine. $1,500... think Iíll just buy an upper (looking at Banshee uppers... $700ish), and build a pistol lower to my liking.

I like pistol caliber carbines, but also kind of interested in .300 Blackout. 5.56mm, that short... is sort of handicapped. It is also going to be LOUD.

But that is going to be after the PTR 9CT. Got to get my H&K on.
    hrfunk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball216 View Post
    Yea... I have been eyeing up AR pistols since I knew about going up to Maine. $1,500... think Iíll just buy an upper (looking at Banshee uppers... $700ish), and build a pistol lower to my liking.

I like pistol caliber carbines, but also kind of interested in .300 Blackout. 5.56mm, that short... is sort of handicapped. It is also going to be LOUD.

But that is going to be after the PTR 9CT. Got to get my H&K on.
    I have a feeling that any of the rifle cartridges are going to be LOUD. Maybe that's why they named it the "Banshee."

Howard

It is also going to be LOUD.

I've shot a friends 5.7 and it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot but you're correct. It is incredibly loud. Notably louder than the much bigger caliber long guns being fired immediately to my left at my local range.

Looks like a cool gun I just can't figure a way to justify parting with the cash over it... yet.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need it and don't have it, you'll never need it again.

Considering what you are getting with the Banshee it is not an outrageous price. Why iron sights, you put a red dot on? For a trigger upgrade for that application a Binary trigger would be hard to beat.

I have found that irons on those short AR pistols can be problematic for any precision shooting. The problem comes with the fact that with the brace, vs a stock that the pistol can move a bit and you may not get a consistent enough hold to ensure you are looking thru the rear peep consistently like you do with a carbine or rifle. That is why I prefer a RDS for that application.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

hopefully the prices come down. Not something I would be interested in at that price. Great video!
    Last edited by Gabill; April 6th, 2019 at 10:39 AM.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Considering what you are getting with the Banshee it is not an outrageous price. Why iron sights, you put a red dot on? For a trigger upgrade for that application a Binary trigger would be hard to beat.

I have found that irons on those short AR pistols can be problematic for any precision shooting. The problem comes with the fact that with the brace, vs a stock that the pistol can move a bit and you may not get a consistent enough hold to ensure you are looking thru the rear peep consistently like you do with a carbine or rifle. That is why I prefer a RDS for that application.
    I should have probably said "Flip-up" sights rather than iron sights. I just think for a grand and a half the Banshee should come with sights.

Howard
    Bad Bob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hrfunk View Post
    Hi all! Here's my range review of the Banshee. Be sure to let the know your thoughts!

Howard

Great video.

You should be on Television. Youíre very articulate.

I ordered an AR Pistol from Atheris Armament. Similar level of detail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Considering what you are getting with the Banshee it is not an outrageous price.
    Upper is letís say $750...

Does it take $750 to build a pistol lower? Donít know if it comes with a magazine... then call it $700.

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    Great video.

You should be on Television. Youíre very articulate.

I ordered an AR Pistol from Atheris Armament. Similar level of detail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you!

Howard

Upper is letís say $750...

Does it take $750 to build a pistol lower? Donít know if it comes with a magazine... then call it $700.
    I have no problem assembling my own for less. Some people do no have the resources or ability to do so. Also, you are buying top of the line so MFG support is nice.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links