Rolled a pair of sixes - Page 2

Rolled a pair of sixes

This is a discussion on Rolled a pair of sixes within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pete63 O K, here you go. You'd have a cow if you knew the story on these! The one in front was ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: Rolled a pair of sixes

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    O K, here you go. You'd have a cow if you knew the story on these! The one in front was my Dad's. Mine is in the background. Had my name engraved on the backstrap, so Dad didn't think he could "scam mine"!

Attachment 292782

Attachment 292784
    Very nice. Thank you for posting. I don't see a lot of the 2.75 security sixes around. I have a blued 4" myself but, I really like the short barrel for carry. Nice that you have a family connection to the pair as well.
    Pete63, OD*, 5lima30ret and 3 others like this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Nice to see how much you trusted your dad!

O K, here you go. You'd have a cow if you knew the story on these! The one in front was my Dad's. Mine is in the background. Had my name engraved on the backstrap, so Dad didn't think he could "scam mine"!

Attachment 292782

Attachment 292784
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Very, very nice! Congrats.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    Nice to see how much you trusted your dad!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Very nice. Thank you for posting. I don't see a lot of the 2.75 security sixes around. I have a blued 4" myself but, I really like the short barrel for carry. Nice that you have a family connection to the pair as well.
    Me too! I've stopped carrying mine recently, & switched to this, as my daily carry wheel gun, in my carry set up. Bigger, yes, but it carry's very easily.

Rolled a pair of sixes-100_0083.jpg
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Me too! I've stopped carrying mine recently, & switched to this, as my daily carry wheel gun, in my carry set up. Bigger, yes, but it carry's very easily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0083.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	292786
    Redhawk? Which caliber?
    Rock and Glock and OD* like this.

VIP Member
    @forester58 , Yes Sir. Redhawk, 2 3/4 ", .41 mag. Craft Holsters, which fits quite comfortably for me at 1:30.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

VIP Member
    @forester58 , Sorry, I had to change computers to post this.

Rolled a pair of sixes-img_20170922_183337.jpg
    Old Man, Snub44, wmhawth and 5 others like this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

This is a pic of my S/S 1976 Bicentennial Police Service Six w/ 2 3/4" bbl. I love all the "Sixes". If I ever find a Speed Six that doesn't require a second mortgage it will be mine!
    Rolled a pair of sixes-servicesix.jpg
    Pete63, Snub44, wmhawth and 6 others like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    Fantastic Sixes
    5lima30ret and forester58 like this.

I do, indeed, admire the all the wood grips...especially the OEM Ruger grips. HOWEVER, they are not the most comfortable nor do they enhance accuracy compared to the many nice rubber grips on the market. In order to improve my grip while keeping the beauty of the wood grips, I added Tyler T-grips. Big difference, positive change...pay no attention to the S&W Model 36...but T-grips worked wonders with it, too.Rolled a pair of sixes-p5240167.jpg

Well ..... I'm a little jealous !!!! Very nice !!
    forester58 likes this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Senior Moderator
    Ahead of the Y2K event, I was back east and my shootin' friend shamed me into getting a .357. A great gun shop had a 6-inch Security Six (vintage 1978) in the case at a price we'd all love today, and it became mine. There was a chunk of yellow gunk in the bore so they even knocked a few bucks off the asking price - turned out to be wax (maybe the previous owner shot wax bullets?).

The original grips were a bit punishing with .357 loads, so I went with the ugly but functional Hogues. With warmish .38 handloads the gun is a pussycat to shoot and more accurate then I am! I'd love to find another, with a shorter barrel. The gun seems nearly indestructible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rolled a pair of sixes-security-six.jpg  

Rolled a pair of sixes-security-six-38-spl-158-4.5-gr-unique.jpg  

CWOUSCG, OD*, forester58 and 4 others like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Security Sixes are accurate. I love mine.

Rolled a pair of sixes-e1fa0473-8e8e-4d3b-997b-9fa1aae47bf5.jpeg

Send bachelors and come heavily armed.

Black Rifles Matter

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Ahead of the Y2K event, I was back east and my shootin' friend shamed me into getting a .357. A great gun shop had a 6-inch Security Six (vintage 1978) in the case at a price we'd all love today, and it became mine. There was a chunk of yellow gunk in the bore so they even knocked a few bucks off the asking price - turned out to be wax (maybe the previous owner shot wax bullets?).

The original grips were a bit punishing with .357 loads, so I went with the ugly but functional Hogues. With warmish .38 handloads the gun is a pussycat to shoot and more accurate then I am! I'd love to find another, with a shorter barrel. The gun seems nearly indestructible.
    That exact gun is on my wish list as I like a longer barrel for woods carry around here. A role my 5" GP handles now very well but, the balance of the sixes is just nicer. I will say that the heavy barrel on the GP combined with all that rubber over the grip stud does soak up a lot of recoil. The 180 Buffalo Bore and the 200 Littlestone loads I run are very controllable. I ran some of those through the speed six and they were just a tad warm although work in a pinch. Times when concealment is required while in bear country that's what will be in the short barrel.
    Rolled a pair of sixes-rss9.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links