P365 No Trigger Safety - Why? - Page 2

P365 No Trigger Safety - Why?

This is a discussion on P365 No Trigger Safety - Why? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kahrs have a much longer trigger stroke than the P365. Sig probably wishes they had included the dingus on the P320, given the drop safety ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: P365 No Trigger Safety - Why?

Kahrs have a much longer trigger stroke than the P365.

Sig probably wishes they had included the dingus on the P320, given the drop safety fiasco they had.

Iíve shot the P365, and thereís no way Iíd carry a striker fired pistol with such a short and light trigger without at least a dingus
    lordhamster likes this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome10 View Post
    Thinking about a p365. In looking at the gun I realized it doesnít have a trigger safety (dingus, thingy, whatever you call it).

Are you able to explain to me why the P365 doesnít need this when, to my knowledge, basically every other striker fired gun has a trigger safety? I was under the impression the trigger safety is for drop safe purposes. Maybe Iím wrong there. But if so, how is the P365 drop safe without the dingus?

Just surprised not to see it on the little sig.
    1) You are the safety! If do not feel confident in handling your gun to prevent an unintentional discharge, then you need more practice before you carry a gun. See Cooper's Rule #3: Do not put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire!
    2) Many striker-fired guns do not have safeties. None of mine have safeties. Glocks do not have an option to have a safety.
    3) Safeties serve no purpose other than to provide a false sense of security.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Iíve shot the P365, and thereís no way Iíd carry a striker fired pistol with such a short and light trigger without at least a dingus
    How is that "dingus" going to prevent you from pulling a light trigger? Doesn't it have to be engaged before the trigger can release the striker? As for light, please define "light".
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR
    GOA
    TFA-LAC
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    How is that "dingus" going to prevent you from pulling a light trigger? Doesn't it have to be engaged before the trigger can release the striker? As for light, please define "light".
    The dingus prevents the trigger from moving rearward and firing the gun if itís dropped muzzle-up. Thatís why Sig had to lighten the trigger shoeís weight on the P320, to give the shoe less mass and thus less inertia, to help with the drop safety issues they were having.

I wouldnít want to drop a P365 muzzle-up.

Many carry the P365 in soft pocket holsters. Without a dingus, itís possible something dragging on the outside of the pocket could engage the edge of the trigger.

Itís also possible for worn holsters to catch the edge of the trigger. A dingus helps with these situations.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

VIP Member
    If you need a dingus, by all means buy only guns that have one.

I personally do not consider my Glock42 safer because of its dingus, but that's me.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I love Glocks, but I don't dislike Sig Sauers or H&Ks. There was a guy in Nevada in what appears to be a gun related business, who placed his g43 into his AIWB holster, and accidentally shot himself when he bent over. Might have been a worn or soft holster that folded into itself in front of the trigger, or his shirt got pushed down into it in front of the trigger. Someone also recently posted on a forum about accidentally shooting himself when his Blackhawk soft holster folded down and in, and it pressed his trigger- it might have been a p365 or g43, I can't quite remember. Here's the p365 drop test info
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P365 No Trigger Safety - Why?-sigp365droptestangles.jpg  

Sig probably wishes they had included the dingus on the P320, given the drop safety fiasco they had.
    Doubt it. They have the army contract for years and people are waiting in line to buy the new X-Compact. The regular 320 sells just fine. Not every man wants to fondle a dingus.
    stingray and spclopr8tr like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    The dingus prevents the trigger from moving rearward and firing the gun if itís dropped muzzle-up. Thatís why Sig had to lighten the trigger shoeís weight on the P320, to give the shoe less mass and thus less inertia, to help with the drop safety issues they were having.
    From the 365's owner manual:
    2.1.2 Principal Features

The striker safety lock and disconnect safety ensure safe carrying of the firearm and provide instant readiness without actuating a manual safety."
    A good thread on P365 safety discussions can be found here. https://sigtalk.com/p365/274162-sig-...echanisms.html

There is no such thing as a gun or gun owner that can't malfunction. You have to do your own individual risk assessment and go with that with which you are comfortable.

It's like drivers. If they go faster than you they are idiots. If they go slower than you they are morons. The same can be said for how much is safe enough for your comfort level with a gun. I am comfortable with the P365 as designed until there is a volume of evidence otherwise.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR
    GOA
    TFA-LAC
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I like smooth faced triggers anyway and besides I would not carry any gun concealed with a trigger lighter than about 8 pounds. No reason to unless you have physical limitations. This isn't target day at the range. Stuff happens fast and adrenaline changes everything and that 12 pound trigger will act like a 2 pound when the time comes.
    Lots of cool under fire operators out there who will just "keep their fingers off the trigger" until precisely the right moment and who's fine motor skills and range discipline will be stone cold calm under duress unlike people like me who have human fear reactions.
    SmoothJazz likes this.

VIP Member
    The only true safety exists between one's ears.
    ShooterGranny and stingray like this.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    The only true safety exists between one's ears.
    Thatís certainly the most important thing, but Mr Murphy has a way of reminding us that weíre all human.

Bottom line is that a short and relatively light trigger sans dingus is more apt to continue moving if the gun is dropped muzzle up, and more apt to get pulled if something catches the edge of the trigger, than one with the dingus.

If youíre ok with that, then drive on.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    my KAHR has no safety,its never blown my leg off
    Long double action trigger pull, different than most other striker guns
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, ďWhat kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?Ē He replied: ďA republic, if you can keep it.Ē

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    While I agree that the trigger safety is a joke, like on the S&W MPs, none of the striker fired Sigs have the tab safety on the trigger, maybe if they did, Sig 320s won't need a voluntary update for firing when dropped.

Are we here to look for problems? Or did I miss something?

Who am I to mistrust the state of the art?

Hey, wait a minute . . .
    zonker1986 likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

None of my carry guns has a trigger safety. Except for the FN High power that had a magazine safety and I removed that. Like that has already bee said trigger safety is between your ears.
    Sarge 80 1976-1983 US Air Force

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links