Wife prefers the Glock 22 over the 1911

This is a discussion on Wife prefers the Glock 22 over the 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah, its hard for me to wrap my head around. I make sure there are a couple of pistols loaded and accessible for her at ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Wife prefers the Glock 22 over the 1911

Yeah, its hard for me to wrap my head around.

I make sure there are a couple of pistols loaded and accessible for her at the house. And ever so often I get her to do a fam fire to maintain her ability to use them.

The Glock 22 loaded with 180 weight XTPs has long been her bump in the night gun if Im not home, and is kept in her closet where she can get to it in a tanker style holster that she can wear around at night while walking the dog.

So I thought I would let her shoot the Colt 1911 and see how she liked it compared to the G22.

She he really liked the gun, loved the trigger and hit the plate with every shot at 10 yards.....But she LOVED the G22!
    Here is her target with the G22 at 10 yards.
    Wife prefers the Glock 22 over the 1911-dcf520ea-6f03-4f8d-9e9f-871b6b0d6a46.jpeg

I didnt think to take a pic a pic of the target shot with the 1911, but it wasnt this good.

Just goes to show you that everyone is completely different. I would have bet she preferred the 1911, but I think for her the idea of having to remember the safety in a scary situation made the difference for her. I thought that was a smart choice.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.
    -Jeff Cooper

Front sight; win the fight!

Not too unusual. Folks tend to shoot the gun they're most familiar with better. If I'm not mistaken, the Glock 22 is .40SW. Was the 1911 a .45 or 9mm?
    Gabill likes this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Smart woman.
    audiophile likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Not too unusual. Folks tend to shoot the gun they're most familiar with better. If I'm not mistaken, the Glock 22 is .40SW. Was the 1911 a .45 or 9mm?
    G22-40s&w
    Colt 1911-45auto
    Gabill likes this.
    -Jeff Cooper

That is nice shooting with the Glock. 40 cal I feel bad for the ******* that messes with her.
    I cant get my wife to shoot. She wants no part of it. So I work with my kids. They are getting better. My two daughters like my Glock 19 where my son likes the Glock but loves my Kimber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kerberos likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Go Mrs. Gman!

Glad to see some love for the .40 S&W. Love the notion of it with 180 grain ammunition like y'all chose. She's well armed.

Mrs BMc isn't a rabid shooting fan, but she's like your wife. She'll willingly go out for practice on occasion.

She can still get into plinking, just like when she was a younger lass. We went out last Friday to the old home place and after all the chores and a hike, settled down to .22 rifle shooting at spinning discs and prickly pears. Of course yours truly started out "all studly" hitting discs from the first, lookin' good in front of his lady. She hit on her first shot too, at 25 yards. This quickly became too easy so the discs were moved to 50 yards. She kept whacking them right along and suddenly yours truly went into a slump with his rifle with a string of regular missing. Had to give myself a talkin' to in order to retrieve my shooting fortunes before we finished shooting for the day.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    G22-40s&w
    Colt 1911-45auto
    The reason I asked is that my wife hated my 1911s in .45, but loved the ergonomics of the platform. When I gave her a Kimber Sapphire in 9mm it instantly became her favorite to shoot & CC. With her Sapphire, she can cut the X out of a target at 30ft. She's not as good on any other platform, but comes close with her Sig P226.

If your wife is more comfortable with her Glock 22, great!
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

I made the mistake of letting the Mrs. shoot my Beretta 92 when we were looking for a good high capacity HD pistol for her. I was thinking she'll never like my Beretta, no chance I'll lose it, big ole gun like that and her small hands... (she EDC's a Shield 9). I was thinking "Heh, heh, heh she's gonna hate this fat ole' Beretta."

Well, I don't have a Beretta anymore !!! She shot it very well, loved it, and promptly claimed it for her own. I ain't lettin' her touch my 1911's !!! With my luck, she'd like them !
    Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

― Heraclitus

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteve113 View Post
    I made the mistake of letting the Mrs. shoot my Beretta 92 when we were looking for a good high capacity HD pistol for her. I was thinking she'll never like my Beretta, no chance I'll lose it, big ole gun like that and her small hands... (she EDC's a Shield 9). I was thinking "Heh, heh, heh she's gonna hate this fat ole' Beretta."

Well, I don't have a Beretta anymore !!! She shot it very well, loved it, and promptly claimed it for her own. I ain't lettin' her touch my 1911's !!! With my luck, she'd like them !
    Smart man.

My wife likes the 1911 platform, so I bought one for her Christmas years ago, she wasn't about to snag any of mine.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, dont give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Hey she LIKES guns...good partner to have!

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Smart man.

My wife likes the 1911 platform, so I bought one for her Christmas years ago, she wasn't about to snag any of mine.
    Dan, that was my agenda; hope she fell for the 1911, and give me a reason to double down on my purchases and pick up the reissue Colt.
    -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Smart man.

Good idea ! I'll make sure to pick up another one "prophylactically" before I let her try one of mine !!!! The worst that could happen is that she doesn't like it and I'll be stuck with an extra 1911 .. OH Darn !!!
    Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

― Heraclitus

It's a wise hub who acquiesces to his wife's preferences.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Mine prefers my old 1976 Ruger Police Service Six w/ 2 3/4" bbl. She is very handy with it at 15 yds, even in DA double taps!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteve113 View Post
    Good idea ! I'll make sure to pick up another one "prophylactically" before I let her try one of mine !!!! The worst that could happen is that she doesn't like it and I'll be stuck with an extra 1911 .. OH Darn !!!
    Prophylactic gun buying. I like it! You're a smart feller BigSteve.

"Dear; I bought this gun prophylactically so that I wouldn't buy more guns."

Later on:

"Well dear, the treatment didn't work so I had to buy another gun prophylactically in another effort to keep gun-buying syndrome under control."
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links