New S&W SD9 score!

New S&W SD9 score!

This is a discussion on New S&W SD9 score! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'd seen this SD9 at a LGS for the past month or so, and today, after shooting the below group with my SD9VE (that's ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 10 Post By Athappyhiker
  • 1 Post By Bigsteve113
  • 2 Post By Athappyhiker
  • 1 Post By sammeow
  • 1 Post By Athappyhiker
  • 1 Post By plumber802
  • 1 Post By smolck

Thread: New S&W SD9 score!

New S&W SD9 score!

So I'd seen this SD9 at a LGS for the past month or so, and today, after shooting the below group with my SD9VE (that's 40 rounds at 10 yards with stock trigger using Fiocchi 115gr FMJ) I decided to stop back to see if it was still around... yes it was, and yes I did buy it after I realized it was NIB even though it was in the "Used" section (definitely has not been shot, but store sold a used because its box was stickered "display model" from the original store). $250 out the door inc. taxes. It's got tritium insert night front sight (and still does glow in dark, but is a small dot) and metal M&P marked two dot rear sight. It came with the box, all the factory paperwork, and a S&W Micro90 gun light! I've never put a light on a gun before but I mounted this one. Works great; 90 lumens (which seems pretty bright in a dark room), constant or temporary on switches. Aluminum case. This SD9 is not like the ones I've seen other places that have a dark matte slide finish and a lighter colored dark grey frame; this one has a more slick looking slide finish, and the frame is very black to match the slide. While the SD9 and SD9VE look almost identical except for the slide color, there are a few minor differences, one being the barrel profile are not the same. THe SD9VE's barrel has a thicker portion towards the muzzle, where as the SD9's barrel is a constant profile the length of the barrel. Also, the SD9's trigger feels slightly lighter and smoother. The original store sticker on the box is dated 2011 I believe, and was originally $500! Looking forward to shooting it!!! Love a good deal/value!

SD9VE group:

New sibling:

(almost) Matching pair:

I had a SD40VE version. I had no complaints ! Only reason I don't have it anymore is because one of my friends needed a handgun and I had too many .40's. It has been serving him well.
    Ceapea likes this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Nice find and not a bad price.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Took it out to the range today. Shot flawlessly with FMJ and JHP. Shot plenty accurate, and to point of aim with 115 gr. Shot low with 135 gr standard pressure JHP (older HyrdraShoks). The light that came with it works fine after 100 rounds.
    Snub44 and Ceapea like this.

Trigger about 8.5 lbs? My SD9VE was about 8.2 and after many rounds smoothed to a constant 7.4. Totally stock.
    Old Man likes this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    Trigger about 8.5 lbs? My SD9VE was about 8.2 and after many rounds smoothed to a constant 7.4. Totally stock.
    I don't have a trigger scale but it is definitely about that. I'm ok with it as is. I know it's not a target pistol, and don't want to spoil the value by dumping more $ into it to replace the trigger with the Apex stuff.
    Wavygravy likes this.

I am of the opinion that the SD9VE/SD9 are among the best values out there. Congrats on finding a nice shooting gun at a great price.
    Ceapea likes this.
    "Freedom will be defended" -GWB 9-11-01
    Union Plumber/Pipefitter.Retired.
    Former LEO 1993-2003.

My very first pistol was an SD40 (black with tritium front like yours) and was a good gun. Ultimately wanted a better trigger, but for $250, they are a very reliable and accurate gun for the money.
    Ceapea likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Sponsored Links