How many carry a Glock 42

This is a discussion on How many carry a Glock 42 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just curious as to how many folks have downsized their carry gun. As I have gotten older I seem to tolerate less carrying ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: How many carry a Glock 42

I was just curious as to how many folks have downsized their carry gun. As I have gotten older I seem to tolerate less carrying even so called compact guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old Man likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by triplets View Post
    I was just curious as to how many folks have downsized their carry gun. As I have gotten older I seem to tolerate less carrying even so called compact guns.
    I carry an LCPII when I want/need to carry a .380. Shorter in length and height, weighs less than the G42. If I'm going .380, I want it as small as possible while still reliable.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I just happened to have a G43 in my front pocket. Is that close enough? This is down from a G27 for the last 10 years

How many carry a Glock 42-img_1389.jpg
    It's not waterboarding if you use JP-8

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have a Glock 42 that I will often carry as my off duty gun. I hit what I am shooting at dead center almost 100% of the time with it, and with all of the magazines sporting the 10 round extensions, I have plenty of ammo on me.

Am I 100% confident in one round one stop with a .380? Nope. But then again, I have a Glock 43 also that I will carry for off duty, and am I 100% confident in IT being a one round one stop weapon? Nope.

I have seen criminals locked up in jail that ran a half mile with five (count'em FIVE) .45 ACP rounds in their belly and lived to see a trial by jury after they got out of the hospital, so I have no confidence in only one shot stopping power from any handgun and trust more in shot placement and always having a weapon on me. Always.

Fortune Favors the Bold!

The only 380 I carry now is the Pico with XS big dot sights. I don't normally carry it by itself but, there are times I am forced to.
    7 rounds of 100 grain +P hardcast lead will have to do in that moment. I almost bought the G42 though and if I carried a 380 as primary I think that would be the one. Nice shooting gun but, I am trending up in carry guns as I age instead of down. At least for the time being. Subject to change as always.
    lordofwyr and ETXhiker like this.

Which way am I trending? Heheheh.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I have a Glock 42, however, I don't carry it much. I work in a "Gun-Free" zone (and, unfortunately, that doesn't mean a place to go get free guns). As a result, I have to put my pistol in a lock box on a regular occasion.

It never happened, but I kept expecting to have an AD while reholstering the Glock. I now carry a Browning 1911-380 and am much happier with it.

Howdy!

I carried a Glock 42 every since they came out. But it remains in my safe now that I have a Sig 365. Sig 365 is the same size as the G42 but 9mm and I like the 12 round magazines.

“Happy Trails”
    Chiefneon

I carry my Glock 42 when I need maximum concealment, otherwise it's a 26 or a 48. It's not the caliber, it's the capacity. If Glock or SIG or someone like that made a locked breech, double stack .380 the size of a P365 (or maybe even a 43X), I'd take a hard look at it.

VIP Member
    I downsized from 9mm double stacks to single stack .380's for carry due to severe arthritis problems plus collapsed wrist bones in my right hand - which was formerly my shooting hand. Now if I pick up one of my old Glock double stacks (which now are hubby's) I marvel that I carried and shot THAT ONE for so many years!

I carry my G42, alternating with one of my SIG P238's. These are the smallest, lightest guns I own. They have just enough weight to absorb enough recoil to not harm my damaged hands any more, and are very easy to carry in a Kydex IWB holster or a neoporene (with elastic pocket for gun and magazine) belly band.

I don't shoot my G42 as much anymore as I used to before I had the nice selection of other .380's and .22's, but do shoot it enough to verify that it is still totally accurate, as long as I aim right! :)
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

The G42 is one of my two favorite Glock pistols. I carry it quite often. Love how it shoots.

How many carry a Glock 42-p1100807-w-.jpg

The G42 is my all-time favorite Glock of any model ever made. Before switching back to the LCP GEN2, I pocket carried one for two years.

It is arguably the finest .380 EDC pistol ever made.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    If I carried a 380, it would probly be my G42. Because it's slightly larger than my SIG P238, I'd feel more comfortable loading it with Underwood's 380 ACP +P 102 Grain Brass Jacketed Hollow Point.

That said, I'd rather have 6 rounds of 327 MAG than 7 rounds of 380 ACP, which is why I tend toward my LCR327 rather than my G42 or SIG P238.
    Holmes375, Old Man and Glocking26 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by triplets View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Carry what works. This comes from a guy who now carries 45 Shields most of the time.
    Wavygravy likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Carry what works. This comes from a guy who now carries 45 Shields most of the time.
    Well said, Mike. I carry a Shield 9 when I can, am planning on getting a Shield 45 to carry when I can get away with that, and carry my .380 when I have to. Whatever I can make work, I carry.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links