Why do revolvers just leave me cold? - Page 9

Why do revolvers just leave me cold?

This is a discussion on Why do revolvers just leave me cold? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BBMW Okay, would it make a difference if I said it was a Colt Night Cobra, or maybe an old 2" S&W ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree695Likes

Thread: Why do revolvers just leave me cold?

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    Okay, would it make a difference if I said it was a Colt Night Cobra, or maybe an old 2" S&W Model 10? Don't get hung up on the particular gun.
    No it doesn't. My point is, any X over Y argument can be countered back and forth, ad infinitum. You just did it right there. There's no winning answer there and neither party in such a discussion will ever change their mind. All they have to do is change the green eggs and ham from a box with a fox to a train with Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Interesting choice of Screen Name, @Glocking26 !
    Lol good pick up. I took that screen name back in the early 90s it was my first AOL account name I want to be one of the cool kids but I have since grown-up

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. I feel the same way about all these new plastic fantastic semi autoís. Every day you hear of a new one especially the subcompacts single stack double stack they donít even name them anymore they name them with numbers and letters. It is good to have a variety of firearms to choose from but I guess Iím just a traditionalist. Unless I know Iím going into a bad situation I need lots of rounds my little snubnose still gives me comfort
    Ummm, but your screen name though...

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Interesting choice of Screen Name, @Glocking26 !
    I was teasing him about that as well.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge boxĒ - Frederick Douglas

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I changed the comparison revolver to eliminate the issue of the perception of quality (or lack thereof) in the revolver I initially used for the comparison. This was to make it an issue of comparing autos to revolvers of equivalent perceived quality. That's all that was going on there. I wanted to eliminate extraneous issues.

But your right, I'm unlikely to change the mind of dedicated revolver guys. They've had decades to think about his, long before I popped onto their computer screen. But the question becomes, for someone who isn't coming into the argument with preconceived notions, what's the better type of gun, on an objective basis, for a particular take of use?

Quote Originally Posted by CreedDryrot View Post
    No it doesn't. My point is, any X over Y argument can be countered back and forth, ad infinitum. You just did it right there. There's no winning answer there and neither party in such a discussion will ever change their mind. All they have to do is change the green eggs and ham from a box with a fox to a train with Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    Ummm, but your screen name though...

I was teasing him about that as well.
    You guys are tough!
    bmcgilvray, airslot and Militant like this.

Love my revo's. Smith and Wesson 586 blued, Ruger GP100 6" blued, Smith and Wesson Model 19 snub blued, Smith and Wesson Model 617 4". Not one of them for sale.
    wmhawth, G26Raven and airslot like this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Sponsored Links