Plus 1 in your pistol - Page 8

Plus 1 in your pistol

This is a discussion on Plus 1 in your pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Glocking26 I tried the +1 in my Glock 43 It choked again and again If I had a pistol that wouldn't work ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: Plus 1 in your pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    I tried the +1 in my Glock 43 It choked again and again
    If I had a pistol that wouldn't work right, (+1) ...

Glocking26 likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    I carry my 1911s and BHP w/ +1, AFTER checking to see that the pistol and magazines handle reliably.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

Single stack: PPS, 1911. Yes.
    Double stack. No
    Revolver. No
    Psalm 144:1

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Yes, I do plus one always. I've never seen a reason not to and it gives you an additional round, so why would someone NOT want that?

I don't bother at the range, but will top off +1 if carrying.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Wavygravy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I download all of my spare mags to facilitate easier tactical reloads, ( when I carry a reload).
    That's the one fault I have with my Shield. A full mag on a closed chamber is a royal pain to insert. I need to take the muzzle off target to get enough leverage to get that topped off mag in the mag well.
    OldVet likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    My EDC is a S&W Shield 9X19mm with (8) Rd capacity magazine plus one additional magazine. With that said its either going to be good enough or not good enough but that's the way its going to be.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    One reason I don't do '+1' is convenience.
    Unfortunately I have to go to CA nearly every week. Since I no longer live there I can't legally carry there. And while transporting there it must be unloaded.
    I don't have 1 loose round to keep track of.
    If 51 rounds in three mags and another box of 50 aren't enough, 1 more won't make a difference for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    glockman10mm likes this.

VIP Member
    One in the chamber and all that will fit in the mag.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Quote Originally Posted by triplets View Post
    Curious how many people load their pistols to mag capacity plus 1. I have developed a habit of not adding the plus 1. That is to say if mag capacity is 10 rounds, I load 10, chamber a round, and donít top off magazine. This may be silly but I donít like the top round being too tight with the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do what you do for the same reason you give. Silly? Maybe but it makes me happy.

Sponsor
    Hell, I replace 7 rd factory 1911 mags with 8 rounders [ the 7's get used for practice ] to get that extra round [ making it 9 ready to roll in the gun instead of 8 ] The difference between a 7 round mag loaded and not topped off and the 9 rds I carry in mine would be a 23% reduction in capacity. I carried a 1911 when the only mags that were reliable for street were 7 rounders [ and then the 8's came out and some worked and some didn't but not enough to trust them on the street to save by butt ]. Soon as 8's were made reliable enough a decade later, the 7's were relegated to practice and I increased my capacity by 13% instantly. But when 8's weren't a consideration, no way I'd not top off for the street with a 7 round mag. I'd have considered anyone doing so lacking forethought

Carry the 8 rd 45 S+W shield mags in gun and spares, the 6 rounders are for practice only. Topped off, 9 rds once again of 45acp.

Practicing with the double stacks, load insert one in chamber and shoot. Carry double stacks? load, insert one in chamber, remove mag, top off and reinsert. Every round counts when the gun is carried to keep my butt from growing cold.

Who wants a 23% reduction in potential ammo on board when it's for all the marbles? Not I. Hell, its still a 13% reduction from 8 to stock 7's alone.

If my pistol mags are hard to insert fully loaded [ topped off ], I've never noticed as I was trained to slam the mag into the mag well and not be a wimp about it.
    Havok likes this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    If my pistol mags are hard to insert fully loaded [ topped off ], I've never noticed as I was trained to slam the mag into the mag well and not be a wimp about it.
    My Glock 30 mags are the only ones Iíve ever had a problem with inserting. They are unbelievably tight. Far more than any other gun Iíve ever shot, but I still top them off.
    OldVet and AzQkr like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

I'm comfortable with only 10 rounds in my Glock 30. Don't really care what anyone else does. If I wasn't okay with 10 rounds, I'd use G21 mags. If that weren't comfortable enough, I'd carry an 18-19 round 9mm, or one of those 32-round mags, or . . . well at some point a person's just got to stop worrying about the little things like a single, solitary extra round.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    My Glock 30 mags are the only ones Iíve ever had a problem with inserting. They are unbelievably tight. Far more than any other gun Iíve ever shot, but I still top them off.
    My two G30's were the same way, but they functioned just fine topped off with a rd in the chamber. Far too many people baby the process of reloading mags, those are the people that notice a problem with one or another particular gun..
    Havok likes this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm comfortable with only 10 rounds in my Glock 30. Don't really care what anyone else does. If I wasn't okay with 10 rounds, I'd use G21 mags. If that weren't comfortable enough, I'd carry an 18-19 round 9mm, or one of those 32-round mags, or . . . well at some point a person's just got to stop worrying about the little things like a single, solitary extra round.
    Agreed. It just ainít that big of a deal.
    OldVet likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links