Limited holster availability for M&p 2.0 compact 3.6?

This is a discussion on Limited holster availability for M&p 2.0 compact 3.6? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know why there is limited holster availability for the M&P 2.0 3.6 compact? It's been out for a while now but many companies still ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Limited holster availability for M&p 2.0 compact 3.6?

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar

Anyone know why there is limited holster availability for the M&P 2.0 3.6 compact? It's been out for a while now but many companies still don't offer holsters for it. BlackArch, Vedder, Comptac just to name a few either don't offer them at all or only have a limited selection. I'm now wondering if I shouldn't get one as a carry gun.

I carry strong side iwb and owb.

VIP Member
    Personally, I prefer and use a full-sized M&P holster when carrying a compact. It fits perfectly, and cuts down on the need for an additional holster.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

I don't own a full size M&P tho

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Anyone know why there is limited holster availability for the M&P 2.0 3.6 compact? It's been out for a while now but many companies still don't offer holsters for it. BlackArch, Vedder, Comptac just to name a few either don't offer them at all or only have a limited selection. I'm now wondering if I shouldn't get one as a carry gun.

My understanding from several holster makers is they are essentially the same. If the holster has adjustable retention, it will work for both. JM Custom, Cascadia Concealment, ANRES Design, several mfr's offer holsters. Obviously not as common as Glock holsters, but I have not noticed an issue with the availability.

VIP Member
    I don't own a full size M&P tho
    Since you are wanting a holster, I was simply suggesting what I do.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfug View Post
    My understanding from several holster makers is they are essentially the same. If the holster has adjustable retention, it will work for both. JM Custom, Cascadia Concealment, ANRES Design, several mfr's offer holsters. Obviously not as common as Glock holsters, but I have not noticed an issue with the availability.
    Both what? I know the 3.6 and 4.0 are identical except for length but many don't offer holsters for the M&P 2.0 at all.

From what research I've done the 2.0 won't fit properly in the 1.0 holsters if it's made out of kydex. What I've read said it will fit but it's very difficult to remove.

Both what? I know the 3.6 and 4.0 are identical except for length but many don't offer holsters for the M&P 2.0 at all.

From what research I've done the 2.0 won't fit properly in the 1.0 holsters if it's made out of kydex. What I've read said it will fit but it's very difficult to remove.
    The 1.0 and 2.0 holsters are the same essentially. You are correct about being difficult to remove, thats why one with adjustable retention is recommended.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Have a look here: https://www.nsrtactical.com/collecti...12285105963124

If you have questions, call Dave White and ask him.
    ParsonBrown and bmcgilvray like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Definitely don't be afraid to go with the full size or compact holster. My NSR tactical and Andrews MacDaniel II are both for the full size M&P and work great. Personally I like the longer holster since it extends past a small sore spot I sometimes get on my hip.

VIP Member

A problem very easily remedied with a heat gun and a bit of patience.
    Novarider likes this.

VIP Member
    Here you go. I found these guys, when I needed what amounts to a "hard to find holster" for my Redhawk 2 3/4". Good stuff, at a fair price. DO NOT HAVE IT SHIPPED WITH THE ECONOMY rate. Unless you can wait till 4th of July for your holster!

https://www.craftholsters.com/smith-...-inch-holsters
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    A problem very easily remedied with a heat gun and a bit of patience.
    I just picked up a 3.5" Vedder on ebay for $10 so I can give this a try.

Thought I'd do a little update. The Vedder light tuck holster I ordered which is for the 9c 3.5" fits great. It snaps in like it's supposed to, it's easy to remove and it's the correct length. I didn't have to modify it at all. I'm very happy, especially since I only paid $10 for it!
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Novarider likes this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    Here you go. I found these guys, when I needed what amounts to a "hard to find holster" for my Redhawk 2 3/4". Good stuff, at a fair price. DO NOT HAVE IT SHIPPED WITH THE ECONOMY rate. Unless you can wait till 4th of July for your holster!

https://www.craftholsters.com/smith-...-inch-holsters
    Bookmarked, thanks for the link Pete
    Pete63 likes this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links