New ("used") Sig P225-A1 - Page 2

New ("used") Sig P225-A1

This is a discussion on New ("used") Sig P225-A1 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice piece. About 20 years ago I purchased one of the German police surplus P6 pistols, essentially the P225 in police issue version. Century International ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: New ("used") Sig P225-A1

Nice piece. About 20 years ago I purchased one of the German police surplus P6 pistols, essentially the P225 in police issue version. Century International had those, in the box with manual and two mags, for $180 each at the time. Great pistol, which I foolishly let go of in a trade and now wish I had kept.

Last year I picked up a Sig "Red Box" P229 .40S&W. Full factory reconditioned LE trade-in pistol, looks brand new, with one-year factory warranty. Got it for $410 plus shipping on GB. Another great Sig pistol, but I personally prefer the single-stack grip of the P6/P225 series. I have normal-size hands with long fingers so the double-stacks are not a problem for me, but I don't see how those with smaller hands would get along with them.
    G26Raven and Old Man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    Last year I picked up a Sig "Red Box" P229 .40S&W. Full factory reconditioned LE trade-in pistol, looks brand new, with one-year factory warranty. Got it for $410 plus shipping on GB. Another great Sig pistol, but I personally prefer the single-stack grip of the P6/P225 series. I have normal-size hands with long fingers so the double-stacks are not a problem for me, but I don't see how those with smaller hands would get along with them.
    I can't explain how or why, but the grip on my P229 feels "better" (more secure, more controllable) than Glocks with thinner grips (I was a Glock guy for the previous 9 years). My wife, who has even smaller hands than I do, shoots my P229 very well, although she carries a G43.
    Every bullet has a lawyer attached to it.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Nice get Raven, enjoy your new pistol.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links