NEW Sig p365XL pistol coming this summer - Page 2

NEW Sig p365XL pistol coming this summer

This is a discussion on NEW Sig p365XL pistol coming this summer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Talldog I agree, so where's my P365-380? NO!!! I do not need another .380. Repeat: I do not need another .380 Repeat: ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: NEW Sig p365XL pistol coming this summer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
    I agree, so where's my P365-380?
    NO!!!

I do not need another .380.
    Repeat: I do not need another .380
    Repeat: I do not need another SIG .380

Lord help me. If they come out with that P365 in .380 I might buy one anyway. Or give it a good look.
    flh, Talldog, MMinSC and 3 others like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
    I agree, so where's my P365-380?
    You should ask Sig, not me!

I will say that Sig, more than their competition, seems to come out with more models, and more completely different models than their competitors. They also seem to drop models more quickly than their competitors when they find out they don't sell. The P250 was pretty innovative. That led to the P320, but the 250 was dropped quickly, even though the only difference was the firing mechanism. That led them to the huge win with the Army and now P320 variants a multiplying like rabbits. They tried the P290, but it was short lived. Now the P365 seems to be taking off big time. Yet they dropped the P239, which was a classic.

I do think they've missed at least one opportunity: The P2022 had a compact variant, the P2022c, which was never marketed in the US or to civilians anywhere. I think it would have been a huge seller because of the reliability, the weight and the price point.
    ShooterGranny, MMinSC and OldChap like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Interesting this news comes out right after Smith and Wesson launched their new 4” M&P Shield line with optics cuts and so on.
    Obviously Sig did not design the gun and get the marketing ready in the three weeks since the S&W announcement but it does make me wonder if they changed timing. Could be they were ready to announce it and then S&W announced theirs so they waited a few weeks. Maybe S&W knew and hurried to be ready before Sig. I always wonder about timing of these things as it is in neither company's interest to announce at the same time.
    OldChap likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    Obviously Sig did not design the gun and get the marketing ready in the three weeks since the S&W announcement but it does make me wonder if they changed timing. Could be they were ready to announce it and then S&W announced theirs so they waited a few weeks. Maybe S&W knew and hurried to be ready before Sig. I always wonder about timing of these things as it is in neither company's interest to announce at the same time.
    Agree. I am sure they have had it in the works, but as you mentioned, the timing is interesting. Because S&W sold the heck out of the Shield, and waited many years before releasing the updated shields and even longer for the 4” models. Seems Sig might be poaching their own sales as potential 365 owners now may go with this new one.
    MMinSC and OldChap like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

So, the big new deal are micro 9mm's for the concealed carry market and everyone waits with baited breath for magazine extensions because they feel its not enough as designed and now the even bigger new deal is making those micro pistols bigger so you don't need the magazine extensions? I know handguns are not selling well right now but, I miss the point of these "expanded" concealed carry guns I guess. No doubt an 18 round magazine will come out for this "new" model as well.
    Wavygravy, smolck, halem1 and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    ... and now the even bigger new deal is making those micro pistols bigger

Like cell phones? They started out huge, then got smaller and smaller to the tiny flip phones (which I still have), and then started to get larger and larger and are now approaching the size of small tablets.

"And the music goes round and round......"
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I love my p320 and there may be a 365 in my future since it is 10 rounds and a good trigger in the same space as the six in my Walther PPS or Kahr PM9, but the new one is kind of 'meh' as far as I am concerned

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    So, the big new deal are micro 9mm's for the concealed carry market and everyone waits with baited breath for magazine extensions because they feel its not enough as designed and now the even bigger new deal is making those micro pistols bigger so you don't need the magazine extensions? I know handguns are not selling well right now but, I miss the point of these "expanded" concealed carry guns I guess. No doubt an 18 round magazine will come out for this "new" model as well.
    I agree. The “micro 9’s” get mag extensions till they are normal sized guns. Or even more cray stuff like the Glock 48. If you can carry a Glock 48, you can just as easily carry the 19. A tenth of an inch thickness doesn’t even matter.
    hardluk1, drmordo and OldChap like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The P365 has been the hottest selling handgun for the last year according to some reports. Doing spin-off models only makes sense from a marketing perspective. I've fired the baseline P365 and I liked it a lot. This new one does have some appeal for me.
    ^^^ I know we have sold a crapptonne of them in our shop.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    NO!!!

I do not need another .380.
    Repeat: I do not need another .380
    Repeat: I do not need another SIG .380

Lord help me. If they come out with that P365 in .380 I might buy one anyway. Or give it a good look.
    A high cap but small 380 might be amazing. The only legit hicap 380 is the Beretta. This IS an untapped market.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    I love my p320 and there may be a 365 in my future since it is 10 rounds and a good trigger in the same space as the six in my Walther PPS or Kahr PM9, but the new one is kind of 'meh' as far as I am concerned
    I enjoy my 320 as well and mostly agree with you. I can certainly see a regular 365 in my future. The 365 XL idea has grown on me though the more I read about it. To get 15 rouds in a gun that feels more like a real gun yet is that slim is appealing. The slimmer size may not be important for some, but it is to me. The next few days will be in the high 90s here and of course humid, so anything that allows for more gun with light clothing is good. Of course we are all different and wear different size clothing so I would have to try one and see if it does make a difference compared to my 320c. It might just be one of those things where the 320 is not much different and I would likely carry something smaller anyway. Can't tell from just paper stats.
    Big Western likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Shawn Ryan, former Navy SEAL and CIA contractor, and owner of Vigilance Elite (training), a dude who has always been very vocal about being a Glock guy, just stated on video he's tested the crap out of his p365 for months, and has grown to like it so much that he's now carrying it. To paraphrase, he said that of all the subcompacts he's shot, it has the best accuracy, trigger, ergonomics, capacity. Ironically, he was fairly skeptical when he first reviewed it- he's not the easily impressed type.

As long as I stay away from the gun counters, it's NOT inevitable that I end up buying one. It's NOT, because I'm the boss of me.
    Last edited by Big Western; May 24th, 2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I enjoy my 320 as well and mostly agree with you. I can certainly see a regular 365 in my future. The 365 XL idea has grown on me though the more I read about it. To get 15 rouds in a gun that feels more like a real gun yet is that slim is appealing. The slimmer size may not be important for some, but it is to me. The next few days will be in the high 90s here and of course humid, so anything that allows for more gun with light clothing is good. Of course we are all different and wear different size clothing so I would have to try one and see if it does make a difference compared to my 320c. It might just be one of those things where the 320 is not much different and I would likely carry something smaller anyway. Can't tell from just paper stats.
    It's great having choices. I am sure I will play with the new one at the LGS when it is available. Who knows?
    MMinSC likes this.

I struggle to see the point of this gun. And I love the P365.

But what at this point does this offer that you wouldn’t find in a plethora of other models like the M&Pc, XD compact or subcompact, or say even the P320 Carry etc?

If it is all about grip length as far as carry goes you’re now losing in that dimension with this? Wouldn’t it make sense to go a tad wider now with a double stack and get equal capacity but maybe with a shorter grip?
    OldChap likes this.

Making a P365 the same size as a Glock 19 simply means that I will tuck the 365 away in the dust bin in the back of my mind and continue to carry a Glock 30S, 19 / 23, or a Glock 27 with a 32 length barrel for .357 Sig. Why spend a LOT more money on the same, or less capability than the mid size 19 with a full size 17 mag, Plus, I can always stick a 33 round mag in the 19. And the last nail in the coffin...it already has a Vortex Venom on it.

I like Sig pistols. I don't think the 10,000 different models are really necessary.
    bklynboy likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links