Where Are The Deals?

Where Are The Deals?

This is a discussion on Where Are The Deals? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Maybe my memory is failing me, but I feel that so far 2019 has been rather weak on handgun deals? A year or a bit ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Where Are The Deals?

Where Are The Deals?

Maybe my memory is failing me, but I feel that so far 2019 has been rather weak on handgun deals?

A year or a bit more back, it seemed a lot of companies were doing promotions. Off the top of my head, Walther had $150 rebate, I believe M&P had $50 off for awhile. Springfield was giving a free bag and extra mags. Remington was doing some rebates (not enough to get me interested in that stuff,but...). I’m sure there were a few others as well.

But so far it seems 2019 has been a dud. Has there been much of anything since the new year?

It also feels, again maybe my memory is failing, that pricing generally hasn’t been particularly amazing either. Even when no deals I felt dealers were being quite aggressive but lately I keep my eyes open and it just seems like prices are sitting. Rebate or gear deals or not, even the dealers seem like they’re not popping for some good sales.

Am I crazy or is this the situation? I’m always looking out for a good sale or rebate on something I’m interested in. Figure good time to buy and later should I decide I don’t use the gun much I can sell it and lose little or no money. But so far this year I feel like I’m just waiting and waiting.

VIP Member
    Don't know where you shop, but where I do, has had good pricing on a lot of firearms. As to rebates, I can't say, but never depend on that. I just do my homework (MSRP?), and shop accordingly. Also, I spend (generally) +1 years shopping for new firearms, so I know their track record, & usually there's a price drop by then.

https://grabagun.com/
    scottync, Gabill, Old Man and 1 others like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Sales and prices are down this year, especially on black rifles.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I would guess sales are good enough there is no need for incentives to entice buyers. As for buying now or later I would think that is a decision only you can make. Maybe just buy ammo and have it on hand if times get tough.
    Pete63 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Sales and prices are down this year, especially on black rifles.
    Yup. Gun prices (new and used) and ammo are down under this administration. Good time to buy. Lousy time to sell. YMMV

@Pete63 - my favorite online store.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Yup. Gun prices (new and used) and ammo are down under this administration. Good time to buy. Lousy time to sell. YMMV

@Pete63 - my favorite online store.

Those sales guys are so nice there! Helped me numerous times, & they've always got "good deals" going!
    scottync likes this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Compared to the time when Shields were being offered for $500+. Prices are much more stable.

I like searching https://gun.deals/ to compare prices.
    smolck and MMinSC like this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

After a 20 year hiatus I started buying all the pistols on my want list starting about a year and a half ago (almost done!) so I have observed the pricing on a lot of firearms. Prices are anywhere from OK to a good deal in general.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome10 View Post
    Am I crazy or is this the situation?
    The two are not mutually exclusive! But I'n not qualified to pass judgement on your sanity.

I haven't noticed a decrease in deals, but I haven't been actively shopping for deals on guns either. There continue to be good prices at online gun stores, and one can still walk away with a great deal on Gunbroker if one is patient and times it just right. I've seen a lot of offers for free shipping lately. It also helps to be on mailing lists for major online retailers to get alerts for their daily/weekly deals.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR
    GOA
    TFA-LAC
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

2020 is next year

Maybe they are preparing for potential spike to full on hoarding if it seems Trump wont get reelected or (God forbid) if he doesn't.
    The time to buy is now, if you question whether you need more ... you do.
    G26Raven likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

If your shopping for a certain pistol do your homework. There is always a deal to be had.
    Pete63 likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

I have wanted a 6" Nickle Colt Python since I was 16. Im 62 and thought I would finally be able to afford one. Should have bought one back then for 300-500! They are 2000-5000 depending on condition. I will be glad when The Walking Dead show is off the air. That show has driven the price to where it is. I guess i have waited this long, a little while more wont hurt. Glad Game of Thrones didn't have guns!!!
    G26Raven likes this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    The time to buy is now, if you question whether you need more ... you do.
    As a responsible gun owner, it would be irresponsible of me not to buy one more revolver (suitable for carry), just in case things go wonky in 2020....
    Pete63 and PhaedrusIV like this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    As a responsible gun owner, it would be irresponsible of me not to buy one more revolver (suitable for carry), just in case things go wonky in 2020....

G26Raven likes this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Early to mid twenty year olds were not old enough to buy guns during 2008/12 shortages, maybe clueless to how fast panic/hoarding happens.
    Imagine waiting too late to stock up on ammo and when you get to Walmart it looks like this (2013).
    (Online prices will escalate quickly as orders are placed and supply drops)
    flh and Pete63 like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links