DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

The return of the S&W 610

Thread: The return of the S&W 610

Tags:

flh said:

The return of the S&W 610

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

AzQkr said:
    Nice back country carry revolver. Wonder if it's on the L frame or N frame.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Wavygravy said:
    The link says N frame.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Kilowatt3 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Nice back country carry revolver. Wonder if it's on the L frame or N frame.
    It's an N-frame.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

AzQkr said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    The link says N frame.
    Missed that, thanks. I'd be more interested in that if it were an L frame

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

gglass said:
    Missed that, thanks. I'd be more interested in that if it were an L frame
    I'd be more interested if it were a semi-auto. You know, the platform for which the cartridge was intended.

Rant off
    "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

AzQkr said:
    Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    I'd be more interested if it were a semi-auto. You know, the platform for which the cartridge was intended.

Rant off
    The revo in 10mm would make a more rugged, reliable back country firearm against things that can eat you. No need to keep it clean, lubed, just packed for the possible encounter/. In an L frame it could supplant my Ruger Alaskan in 44mag

gglass said:
    The revo in 10mm would make a more rugged, reliable back country firearm against things that can eat you. No need to keep it clean, lubed, just packed for the possible encounter/. In an L frame it could supplant my Ruger Alaskan in 44mag
    Its not that I don't appreciate the benefits of a good revolver with a capable cartridge. My beef is that every major gun manufacturer is selling 10mm semi-autos during this resurgence in popularity, except for the company that first developed the cartridge.
    "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

gasmitty said:
    Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    Its not that I don't appreciate the benefits of a good revolver with a capable cartridge. My beef is that every major gun manufacturer is selling 10mm semi-autos during this resurgence in popularity, except for the company that first developed the cartridge.
    I don't think Norma ever made firearms...

I'm not ready to run out and buy a 610, but if wouldn't refuse it if given one. I think it's neat that it chambers the .40 S&W as well.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

PPK-Doxie said:
    After my nightmare with ruger and two revolvers for 3 months, I'll never buy another Ruger product!

Now back in Idaho, after 20 years in the communist republic of Olympiana.,

I've been able to ad dress my carpal tunnel issues and was able to shoot a new Ruger 1omm the other day.

Nice gun, but I think a Kimber or even a XDM in TEN will be my choice.

Bears, being only black ones, still kill plenty of animals and people each year.

Having a .45 auto or .45Colt with DT 255 Hardcast or a 10mm with DT Hardcast makes sense to me.

So would one of those new 4-inch 610s.

Back when I shot 200-300 rounds or more of factory and handloaded 10mm each week,

a person could never find a 610 or the much (then) desired Ruger 10mm BUCKEYE Blackhawk.

AzQkr said:
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Good one, LOL

gglass, if you're alluding to Colts Delta Elite, owned one of the first into the Comm of Ma. back in the day when all that was available was the Norma loadings. For serious back country, the revo gets the nod for me as in my Alaskan 44mag. I wouldn't consider a Colt 10mm revo. They've always been more fragile than the smiths

gglass said:
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post

I'm not ready to run out and buy a 610, but if wouldn't refuse it if given one. I think it's neat that it chambers the .40 S&W as well.
    Yea, my mistake... I was confusing the development of the 10mm with the later .40S&W.

LimaCharlie said:
    Name:  Droooool.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  46.3 KB

I have two second generation Colt Delta Elites, an S&W 1006, a Springfield Armory TRP Operator 1911, and a Ruger Match Champion GP100 revolver in 10mm.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

glockman10mm said:
    I had a 610 at one time. I had a wild hair and bought the 610 from Cabela’s and ordered a case of Double Tap ammo ( the only place that made full power 10mm at the time), and put it all on a credit card.

After some range time with it and my G20, I decided I would just as soon have the G20 , especially for toting around for any length of time.

No, the 610 is not something that I would want.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Kilowatt3 said:
    The S&W Model 69 fills that role quite nicely!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie