This came in today!

This came in today!

This is a discussion on This came in today! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sig P365 with manual safety. Iíve been looking forward to this one coming home with me. Im going to be looking for a good re-purpose ...

Like Tree32Likes
  • 14 Post By Rambler
  • 1 Post By Novarider
  • 1 Post By Poorly
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 7 Post By OldChap
  • 2 Post By Hatchee
  • 2 Post By DZUS
  • 3 Post By Hatchee
  • 1 Post By Rambler

Thread: This came in today!

This came in today!

This came in today!-fcee3b2b-c631-432f-b8d6-2bf09cad4d88.jpeg

Sig P365 with manual safety. Iíve been looking forward to this one coming home with me. Im going to be looking for a good re-purpose for my non-safety version. I also picked up a 15 rd mag for it, but, it will only be used for range time since there isnít any back strap below the standard grip. Not sure why they didnít give it some form like they did with the 12 round mags...picked up 3 of those months ago.
    DaGunny, OlCop, wmhawth and 11 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    What did that poor pen do to you to deserve that kind of treatment?
    OldChap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    What did that poor pen do to you to deserve that kind of treatment?
    Yeah, a Bic would have done just as well as that Mont Blanc.
    OldChap likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I'm a shotgun shell man myself.

I'm not sure about an external safety on the 365. I haven't tried the trigger on one yet.
    OldChap likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

About your re-purpose non-safety 365...You can send it to me. I promise to give it a good home!

Just a word to the wise. The last time I struck a pen in the trigger guard and then started to write with it, i got mutiny! All by itself it wrote, "Keep me out of the trigger guard until your're ready to shoot fool!"
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm a shotgun shell man myself.

I'm not sure about an external safety on the 365. I haven't tried the trigger on one yet.
    I haven't tried the trigger on one yet either, but guess I finally will now that it has a decent looking safety.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I haven't tried the trigger on one yet either, but guess I finally will now that it has a decent looking safety.
    OP - you are going to love it!

The take-up is short and the trigger is very light. Really like everything about mine except I haven't adjusted to the trigger yet.....only 100 rounds so far. I'm used to a PPS which had a much longer pull.

The safety is perfectly placed (for me), each position is defined and releasing it seems to be intuitive. SIG got everything about this pistol right!!!
    Rambler and Wavygravy like this.
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCEE3B2B-C631-432F-B8D6-2BF09CAD4D88.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1,020.5 KB 
ID:	296060

Sig P365 with manual safety. Iíve been looking forward to this one coming home with me. Im going to be looking for a good re-purpose for my non-safety version. I also picked up a 15 rd mag for it, but, it will only be used for range time since there isnít any back strap below the standard grip. Not sure why they didnít give it some form like they did with the 12 round mags...picked up 3 of those months ago.
    Nice, that.

I'm a similar situation, I'll be trading in (sorta) my current P365 as soon as my LGS gets the safetied version in (first on the waiting list.)

I do take a bit of a $$ loss in the exchange, but the market is darned good for a pre-owned P365, especially in the condition that I keep my firearms.

Rambler and Wavygravy like this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

How are the mechanics of the safety?

Crisp and positive, or sloppy and soft?

The manual paddle safeties on several striker guns I have tried seemed just like after thoughts- floppy and without good feedback, pretty much the antithesis of a good 1911 style safety.
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

VIP Member
    I am curious if the pull weight on the trigger is the same for those with and without the safety? I have no intention of buying one with a safety to compare, but I know the pull on my non-safety P365 is a consistent 6lbs. measured on my Lyman gauge. Congrats on the second P365.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    How are the mechanics of the safety?

Crisp and positive, or sloppy and soft?

The manual paddle safeties on several striker guns I have tried seemed just like after thoughts- floppy and without good feedback, pretty much the antithesis of a good 1911 style safety.
    Very crisp and solid metal. Moderate pressure on the finger swipe to disengage but it would be hard to accidentally do so. This was NOT an after-thought. SIG did it correctly!!
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    Very crisp and solid metal. Moderate pressure on the finger swipe to disengage but it would be hard to accidentally do so. This was NOT an after-thought. SIG did it correctly!!
    I agree. It doesnít seem like an afterthought. Much better than the safety on my Shield...hard to disengage without a lot of focus. This seems like it will be more like disengaging a 1911 safety...not exactly, but closer than something like the shield.
    Big Western likes this.

Sponsored Links