The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt. - Page 4

The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.

This is a discussion on The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don’t have a particular style of dress. My life is so varied in the scope of interests and activities that how I dress varies ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.

I don’t have a particular style of dress. My life is so varied in the scope of interests and activities that how I dress varies all the time.
    There is a time for slob, a time for casual, and a time for something with a little more class, and I have guns and holsters to meet the needs of whatever it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.-cee91f56-8d19-4807-911b-774c7660f320.jpeg  

msgt/ret, AzQkr, Struckat and 9 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    Exactly. Dress around the gun, and don’t do stupid things.
    So taking your kids to the splash pad on a hot day, and getting wet yourself while playing with them, is a “stupid” thing to do?

We carry sidearms to preserve life. If carrying a sidearm prevents you from living life, then you’ve become so gun centric that you’re defeating the purpose.

I can carry two LCPs in my pockets while doing activities with my kids that would expose a gun carried on the waist. Like getting my shirt wet.

Different tools for different jobs. Going to the mall later, will be carrying a Glock and an LCP.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post

I was able to retire last year at age 51, I dress how I want now.
    If a tucked in shirt is required attire I do not belong there.
    I sure aint letting an inconsequential dwindling social expectation restrict my carry.
    I am jealous. Just turned 50 myself, and with two special needs kids I’ll likely be working until the Lord calls me home.

That means tucked shirts.

The problem with your posts is the “if I can do it so can you” attitude, accompanied by a side of “if you’re not doing as I am you’re not trying hard enough.”

It’s presumptuous, and it gets old.

Enjoy your retirement.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    So taking your kids to the splash pad on a hot day, and getting wet yourself while playing with them, is a “stupid” thing to do?

We carry sidearms to preserve life. If carrying a sidearm prevents you from living life, then you’ve become so gun centric that you’re defeating the purpose.

I can carry two LCPs in my pockets while doing activities with my kids that would expose a gun carried on the waist. Like getting my shirt wet.

Different tools for different jobs. Going to the mall later, will be carrying a Glock and an LCP.
    C’mon now, you know that if you are not conforming to what others are doing, then you are just wrong.
    But at least you speak sentences and not pictures:)
    10thmtn, OD* and Redbert31 like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I don’t have a particular style of dress. My life is so varied in the scope of interests and activities that how I dress varies all the time.
    There is a time for slob, a time for casual, and a time for something with a little more class, and I have guns and holsters to meet the needs of whatever it is.
    I can go as high as casual. There's no "class" to me.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Yeah, I get it and understand, although some people cannot comprehend that others may have a different style , or participate in social functions that preclude casual attire.

Once again I think it’s just concrete thinking that traps or retards the ability to see and think beyond the personal sphere.
    10thmtn and Redbert31 like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Adaptability is key. "When in Rome do as the Romans" Know what works for you, and have enough tools in the toolbox to cover more than one job.
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Yeah, I get it and understand, although some people cannot comprehend that others may have a different style , or participate in social functions that preclude casual attire.

Once again I think it’s just concrete thinking that traps or retards the ability to see and think beyond the personal sphere.
    Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    G-man*, 10thmtn and Redbert31 like this.

Well, we all don't live in Florida and not having the option to pocket carry in a jacket means you will not get to a belt gun in time to matter unless you plan on wearing shorts and a baggy T when its -25?
    And I am not showing up at my son's wedding dressed like you are in your pic. Or maybe "I don't belong there"?

I wear an untucked button down shirt, jeans and boots everyday and can owb carry my Gp100 in total concealment. With a good belt and holster that keeps the gun tight to the body, it's very comfortable and the GP100 doesn't feel heavy at all.

Here lately I've been Wearing my sp101 aiwb (kinda Cross draw) in total comfort.

In south Texas, it's odd to see people with tucked in shirts, unless they are working. That's the only time you'll see me with a tucked shirt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.-screenshot_20190609-111411_gallery_1560097885203.jpg  

OD*, CDW4ME, bmcgilvray and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's not that I can go as high as casual, it's that I prefer casual because it's more comfortable. The added benefit, of course, is I can carry about anything I want anytime anywhere.
    OD*, Rick McC., drmordo and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Just me but I would not go out in public with baggy T shirt and baggy pants on. Just me You do not have to wear and Moo Moo or baggy shirt to CC.
    Exactly, I don’t wear baggy anything. I also don’t wear anything tight. I can also play dress up and tuck over a full size pistol.
    I am built like a short 2x4 with just enough hip bone to keep the gun, belt and holster from hitting the floor.
    drmordo and Redbert31 like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Before I retired, my job went from a suit and tie for meetings, to slacks and a tucked dress shirt and tie in the office, to driving a four-wheel vehicle as far as possible in a wilderness area and hiking in to a site. With the suit and tie, I often carried a 3" S&W 66 .357 magnum on my belt @ 3:00 covered by the suit coat. With the slacks and tucked dress shirt, I usually carried a pocket .380 until the Sig P938 9mm came out.

In the wilderness area I often worked alone with help hours away. I carried a Glock G20 SF @ 3:00 with two spare magazines for survivalist squatters or marijuana farmers. I carried a 4" S&W 29-2 .44 magnum with two speed loaders for black bear or a 5" S&W 460 magnum with two speed loaders for brown bear @ 9:00. I had the pocket gun and a spare magazine just in case.

Now that I am retired, I carry a 5" 1911 in .45 ACP or 10mm @ 3"00 with one or two spare magazines @ 9:00 on my belt. I also carry a Sig P938 9mm with a spare magazine in my pockets. I wear one size larger untucked shirts to cover. Today, I am wearing cargo shorts, sandals, and an untucked T-shirt.
    AzQkr, OD*, msgt/ret and 5 others like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

OD*
    Senior Moderator

How you dress/what you carry...

what you think of what I carry & how I dress.

(ooh, words and pictures! )
    msgt/ret, AzQkr, scottync and 6 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Just me but I would not go out in public with baggy T shirt and baggy pants on. Just me You do not have to wear and Moo Moo or baggy shirt to CC.
    All my clothes are "loose fit" - I can't stand restrictive clothing, call it what you want.
    This is representative of how I dress for shopping, out to eat, out in public ... not a t-shirt and not close fitting - "clingy".
    White undershirt shirt replaced with a "a-frame" / "wife beater" in warm weather.
    Name:  summer.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  137.5 KB
    AzQkr, Struckat and Redbert31 like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    The problem with your posts is the “if I can do it so can you” attitude, accompanied by a side of “if you’re not doing as I am you’re not trying hard enough.”

It’s presumptuous, and it gets old.

I'm not the only person in this thread sporting or saying they wear an untucked shirt.

The person that wanted restricted replies in their recent thread calls me "presumptuous"

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...ck-please.html

I'm not interested in hearing about why the .32 isn't a good cartridge, or why Kel tec sucks. So please, if that's what you're going to post, just move along...

If I did like you, I would have said, "I'm not interested in negativity toward my attire, so please if that's what you're going to do please move along"
    AzQkr and Redbert31 like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links