The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt. - Page 5

The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.

This is a discussion on The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm Címon now, you know that if you are not conforming to what others are doing, then you are just wrong . ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Címon now, you know that if you are not conforming to what others are doing, then you are just wrong.
    But at least you speak sentences and not pictures:)
    OldVet and Redbert31 like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

I believe, concealment is not a problem, the real problem is over thinking the problem. I have used the shirt thing for years. How I hide it just a simple cover up as shown here.
    Redbert31 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    In retirement I've learned to dress down when just bummin' around our small town as that previous photograph that I posted shows. I generally dress up more often than not though. I'll confess that I'm as prim and old-fashioned about dress as I am about choice of armament.

Last winter, modeling a new holster for the CZ 75 BD.

I really prefer outside-the-waistband carry beneath a covering garment, one that doesn't look like a concealed carry rig.

Here's IWB wear though with a four-inch K-Frame Smith & Wesson and suit trousers sized to accept it. The main thing is, while I don't prefer pocket carry ... I just don't want to be seen to be carrying.

Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

ďFreedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.Ē

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Now that's a funny video right there.
    OD*, bmcgilvray, Tstone and 1 others like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post

I'm not the only person in this thread sporting or saying they wear an untucked shirt.

The person that wanted restricted replies in their recent thread calls me "presumptuous"

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...ck-please.html

I'm not interested in hearing about why the .32 isn't a good cartridge, or why Kel tec sucks. So please, if that's what you're going to post, just move along...

If I did like you, I would have said, "I'm not interested in negativity toward my attire, so please if that's what you're going to do please move along"
    The mods moderated you accordingly in that thread, so thereís that. Thereís nothing presumptuous about establishing the parameters of a discussion ahead of time.

I also didnít say anything negative about untucked carry itself. It has its place. Been carrying that way today myself. Itís your presumption that people can carry that way...or wish to...all the time.

Whatever, my patience grows increasingly thin. Enjoy your retirement. See the first quote in my signature. Off to the ignore list you go. Ciao baby.
    G-man*, msgt/ret, wmhawth and 1 others like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    In retirement I've learned to dress down when just bummin' around our small town as that previous photograph that I posted shows. I generally dress up more often than not though. I'll confess that I'm as prim and old-fashioned about dress as I am about choice of armament.

Last winter, modeling a new holster for the CZ 75 BD.

I really prefer outside-the-waistband carry beneath a covering garment, one that doesn't look like a concealed carry rig.

Here's IWB wear though with a four-inch K-Frame Smith & Wesson and suit trousers sized to accept it. The main thing is, while I don't prefer pocket carry ... I just don't want to be seen to be carrying.

Yep. I too prefer a more dressier style of clothing, because of the way I was raised. Plus, the wife and I enjoy social outings that require a higher level of dress.

I dont think its a negative at all. I believe itís a shame our standards are falling.

The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.-271a38a9-97e2-4620-9b32-877c2272658e.jpegThe secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.-95b00e38-9f84-4c63-8150-0be40098330f.jpeg
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Yep. I too prefer a more dressier style of clothing, because of the way I was raised. Plus, the wife and I enjoy social outings that require a higher level of dress.

I dont think its a negative at all. I believe itís a shame our standards are falling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	271A38A9-97E2-4620-9B32-877C2272658E.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	296190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95B00E38-9F84-4C63-8150-0BE40098330F.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	731.7 KB 
ID:	296192
    Lookin good you two. "Every girls crazy bout a sharp dressed man" is still true. I live in cowboy country so nice fittin jeans, boots and a tucked-in button up shirt is the normal attire with a step up for a night on the town or a nice dinner with my wife. I can still carry a 6 shot 357 revolver under a nice fitting western cut wool or leather vest in a high rise pancake but, in the heat when the vest is too warm the gun gets small. Just the way it is. Dressing around a gun is one thing, living my whole life around it is another.
    G-man*, msgt/ret, Instymp and 5 others like this.

Senior Member Array Illusive Man's Avatar
    I don't wear cargo shorts and have never had a hard time concealing my 1911. A good belt and a good holster make all the difference in the world. Just last week, I had a day of running errands. I had on shorts and a white t-shirt and had my 1911 in an IWB holster and it concealed well.
    G-man*, AzQkr, Rick McC. and 2 others like this.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    The mods moderated you accordingly in that thread, so thereís that. Thereís nothing presumptuous about establishing the parameters of a discussion ahead of time.

I also didnít say anything negative about untucked carry itself. It has its place. Been carrying that way today myself. Itís your presumption that people can carry that way...or wish to...all the time.

Whatever, my patience grows increasingly thin. Enjoy your retirement. See the first quote in my signature. Off to the ignore list you go. Ciao baby.

I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Yeah, I get it and understand, although some people cannot comprehend that others may have a different style , or participate in social functions that preclude casual attire.

Once again I think itís just concrete thinking that traps or retards the ability to see and think beyond the personal sphere.

I do understand, I get it. (Words this time rather than pics. ) You do things your way. So do I.
    I do not attend social functions that preclude casual attire.
    When we go out to eat we go to restaurants with dog friendly outdoor patio, that is a social outing for us.
    Perhaps it is you that is trapped into concrete thinking if you can't fathom a person that prefers activities where casual attire is the norm.
    I know some people go to the opera, theater, formal dinners, ect... where casual attire is inappropriate, that's not my thing.
    Our most recent "nice" lunch out, nobody cares about my sloven untucked shirt where dogs are welcome.
    The secret to more than a pocket gun for summer carry, wear a shirt.-dukelokilunchjun6.jpg

The restaurants you pictured look very nice, but I/we prefer a casual outdoor patio where I/we can take the dog.
    You do understand right, since you supposedly are not trapped by concrete thinking.
    AzQkr and Redbert31 like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Anybody change their mind on dress codes?

Didn't think so.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links