Beretta apx carry

Beretta apx carry

This is a discussion on Beretta apx carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If this has been posted already disregard...Some say it is ugly but i like the looks of it but never liked the size of it ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Beretta apx carry

Beretta apx carry

If this has been posted already disregard...Some say it is ugly but i like the looks of it
    but never liked the size of it till now....Cabela's has a pretty good sale on it right now.
    How bout some info from anyone on here who owns any version of this gun....
    Hate it?...Love it? etc etc....

Beretta apx carry-beretta.png
    darbo likes this.

I don't care about looks and Beretta is a brand I trust. I like the "serration" design on the slide. They seem like a unique and functional design.

I guess my questions would be: What does it do any better than its competitors? AND They claim it is a modular design like the P320. I wonder if they plan any "modules" for it? I guess I will have to do some research on all that.
    Wavygravy likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I don't care about looks and Beretta is a brand I trust. I like the "serration" design on the slide. They seem like a unique and functional design.

I guess my questions would be: What does it do any better than its competitors? AND They claim it is a modular design like the P320. I wonder if they plan any "modules" for it? I guess I will have to do some research on all that.
    At this point i don't need another gun for the role this one would fill....Sometimes we just have a hankering for another gun...I think the raised slide serrations
    and front sight as well would help in one handed racking but i have never even held one

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I like Berettas too, and don't care if it's ugly. Heck, it still ain't as ugly as a Glock. I'll look up some info as well, although I'm not really in the market for this gun.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I like Berettas too, and don't care if it's ugly. Heck, it still ain't as ugly as a Glock. I'll look up some info as well, although I'm not really in the market for this gun.
    None of them look gorgeous to me unless you start talking about 1911's...

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    None of them look gorgeous to me unless you start talking about 1911's...
    Then there is the BHP. I think that is possibly the best looking gun ever made, but that's just MHO.
    drmordo likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I happened to shoot the APX as a rental, and was shocked how much I liked it.

This is a tempting gun. I kinda put the P365 as the target in this class at the moment....

APX / P365
    Overall Length: 5.63" / 5.8"
    Overall Width: 0.9" / 1.0"
    Height: 4.17" / 4.3"
    Weight: 19.8 oz / 17.8 oz

So it is a tad smaller than the P365 (which IMHO is already pretty darn small), but 2 oz heavier. And unfortunately 6 or 8 rounds doesn't hit the 10 or 12 in the P365.

If you are OK with the smaller capacity, it might be a good choice.

Will have to try shooting the carry sometime...
    MMinSC likes this.

Good comparison, @Jerome10 . Sounds like capacity and weight of a Shield with smaller dimensions. Thanks!
    Even though I really like the quality of my Beretta M9, I might have to lean toward the capacity of the P365 since I already have a Shield in the small 9 class.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Ugly …. ???? Well, I've been carrying GLOCKs for 25 years, so there's that !!!
    Cornhusker95 likes this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteve113 View Post
    Ugly …. ???? Well, I've been carrying GLOCKs for 25 years, so there's that !!!
    Being pretty to you is all that matters...I have a couple ugly guns myself....I say they are so ugly that they are cute in their own way.
    Bigsteve113 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Being pretty to you is all that matters...I have a couple ugly guns myself....I say they are so ugly that they are cute in their own way.
    Yeah, if I were just worried about pretty, I'd only carry my 1911, Hi Power or Smith 66. As it is, I carry a lot of GLOCKs, my XDS .45, and Shield 9. So obviously I choose function over form !! ….. Not that the 1911, Hi Power or Smith 66 can't outperform the plastics, I shoot all of those more accurately than my plastic wonders …. I'm just to old, fat and lazy to carry heavy guns on a regular basis. But, if I were restricted to only one gun, it could very likely be a 1911.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteve113 View Post
    Yeah, if I were just worried about pretty, I'd only carry my 1911, Hi Power or Smith 66. As it is, I carry a lot of GLOCKs, my XDS .45, and Shield 9. So obviously I choose function over form !! ….. Not that the 1911, Hi Power or Smith 66 can't outperform the plastics, I shoot all of those more accurately than my plastic wonders …. I'm just to old, fat and lazy to carry heavy guns on a regular basis. But, if I were restricted to only one gun, it could very likely be a 1911.
    I am with ya...I like light and easy to carry...If it is hidden it can look as ugly as it wants to as long as the ergo's
    feel right to me
    Bigsteve113 likes this.

GMC
    I've wondered about these too. I have yet to see one and handle in person. I'm wondering if it's small enough to replace my RM380? I really like that gun, but I'm thinking I'd like to just have one caliber.
    I have the APX Compact and really like it as well. I only have less than 400 rounds through it though, but no malfunctions! Great trigger and ergos.

I was watching gun reviews on YouTube couple days ago and the APX carry came on. Don't remember who the reviewer was, but I believe they were at SHOT show. The reviewer was talking with a Beretta rep, and he asked him who they made this gun for, the rep said for revolver fans. That got my attention. He said the trigger pull is similar to a revolver. 😀

This might be my next pistol purchase, along with the OD frame.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    That's interesting that they opted for a DAO striker design on the Carry vs the SAO striker design of the larger APX pistols.

I'd imagine some folks who prefer the SAO trigger in the larger guns will get a surprise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links