Walther PPQ M2 - 4" or 5"

This is a discussion on Walther PPQ M2 - 4" or 5" within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A shop near me is having a Father's Day sale on the PPQ M2 for $369, which sounds like a pretty good deal. I've read ...

View Poll Results: Which PPQ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4"

5 55.56%
  • 5"

3 33.33%
  • Neither. Save your money, fool!

1 11.11%
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By MisterCrabby
  • 3 Post By PPS1980
  • 1 Post By Denverjay
  • 1 Post By hfjeff
  • 1 Post By SWsouthpaw
  • 2 Post By jimmybuffett

Thread: Walther PPQ M2 - 4" or 5"

A shop near me is having a Father's Day sale on the PPQ M2 for $369, which sounds like a pretty good deal. I've read so many positive comments on this and other forums about the PPQ, especially the trigger, that I am strongly considering buying one. I've got my defensive firearms needs pretty well handled, and it's obviously not something I need, just a "why not" thing. With that in mind, I'm open to suggestions:

Great competition pistol. No need to send out for trigger mods and other upgrades. All the positive reviews youíve seen are legit from my experience. Iíve owned a 5Ē for a year.

Good luck
    Litespeed likes this.

Great price for a great gun. I like handguns of all types, but in recent years it has been mostly polymer framed striker fired ones. In that category the PPQ is my favorite by a little bit. Other than my 1911s, the PPQs are the only guns that I've owned three of the same model.

Either 4" or 5" are excellent depending on your intended use. For carry the 4" would be good and for range fun the 5" would be good. I have both and for pure range fun none of my strikers beat the 5" PPQ. Not sure if it's still on but Walther recently had an unusual offer on its PPQ. Buy one and if you don't like it return it within 30 days for a full refund. What other handgun maker has ever made such an offer?

Personal opinion. Good luck with your choice.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Carry/HD = 4in
    Range/Competition = 5in

The PPQ is a very well thought out derivative of the P99 with, what many have referred to as, the best out-of-the-box trigger in a weapon that isn't going to require a bank loan to purchase. Lifetime Warranty with Walther as well.
    Litespeed, deadguy and Sister like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker....
    I have the 4" PPQ M2. Outstanding gun, great trigger, incredible ergos, excellent fit and finish, easiest sight change you'll find, and probably the best slide finish of any gun I own.

You just can't go wrong with either of the Walthers, 4" or 5". I do carry my 4" when I carry a compact sized double stack gun. It's an excellent carry gun and has my full confidence.
    Litespeed likes this.
    "We can't shoot a dog. People? Okay, but not dogs." - Martin Riggs

4" will cover all bases in my opinion.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)

Son of Thunder

I am loving my PPQ M2 4" and no need to look any further. If you can get one of $369 that is a steal-mine ran $414 and no regrets. It is my all time favorite firearm and my son uses one for competition. Do it!!!
    Litespeed likes this.

If the question comes down to getting either the 4" or the 5", the answer is "Yes!"

Denverjay likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJH View Post
    A shop near me is having a Father's Day sale on the PPQ M2 for $369, which sounds like a pretty good deal. I've read so many positive comments on this and other forums about the PPQ, especially the trigger, that I am strongly considering buying one. I've got my defensive firearms needs pretty well handled, and it's obviously not something I need, just a "why not" thing. With that in mind, I'm open to suggestions:
    This shop have a website?
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

I've had the PPQ in .45 and 9mm. Excellent pistols. The trigger takes some getting used to because the reset is so soft that it makes double taps unintentional. All in all, they have the BEST triggers of all of the +45 pistols I've had. At that price, it's a steal.
    deadguy and Litespeed like this.

So, this ended up being a little bit of a bait-and-switch: The PPQ M2s for $369 were only in .40 Somebody apparently ran the ad wrong and later sent out a corrected one.

Since I showed them the ad in my email, though that said 9mm, they sold me a 4" 9mm PPQ M1 for $369, which I thought was fair. I have no problem with a paddle-style mag release.

I love the gun and it will knock my Glock 19 out of the carry rotation. As everyone has said, the trigger is fantastic. The only issue I have is that one of the two magazines included does not feed properly, so I have to send it to Walther and I'm confident they will make it right.

Sponsored Links