Strange Range Experience with Sig p226 Legion

This is a discussion on Strange Range Experience with Sig p226 Legion within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the last 3 weeks, I've finally gotten back into the habit of going to the range once a week after probably about a year ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mhl6493
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: Strange Range Experience with Sig p226 Legion

In the last 3 weeks, I've finally gotten back into the habit of going to the range once a week after probably about a year without shooting. Today I took my Sig Nightmare Fastback Carry 45, Sig p226 Legion 9mm, and Glock 19 and 26. I mostly just took the Legion to test the 18-round mags I had bought over a year ago but never used. For some reason, in spite of it's great trigger, I've just never shot it well at all. Not even as well at the G19. Very disappointing. I had just about made up my mind to sell it. The gun was great, but this shooter left a lot to be desired with it for some reason.

But today, long story short, I was dead-on with it compared to the others I brought (even the 1911, which surprised me greatly). I was even very accurate (for me) in double action, not just single. Practiced a few transitions from DA to SA, and that went smoothly. It was just super enjoyable!

Needless to say, I'm very impressed. VERY. I'm going to keep working with it, and hopefully figure out a way to possibly carry it some. And I may even look into getting a p229 Legion, which might be a smidge easier to carry.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my experience to encourage you not to give up on a gun just because you didn't initially shoot it well. If you like it, just keep practicing, and maybe one day out of the blue things will just "click" for you. I don't really know what to attribute that to, but I'm pretty excited about it!
    Last edited by mhl6493; June 14th, 2019 at 01:00 PM.
    OldChap likes this.

The legion for out of the boxs guns are unholy accuart ..Why I switch to a 229 leg ...I still remember out in the sand shooting bowling pins . One handed grip was hitting them at 20 + yards
    mhl6493 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    The legion for out of the boxs guns are unholy accuart ..Why I switch to a 229 leg ...I still remember out in the sand shooting bowling pins . One handed grip was hitting them at 20 + yards
    Definitely! Which is why I was so disappointed that I've never been able to shoot it very well for some reason. I knew what it had to be capable of, I just couldn't get there. Today, though, was fantastic!

Sponsored Links