What handgun have you carried the most in the last 30 days? update page 12 - Page 13

What handgun have you carried the most in the last 30 days? update page 12

This is a discussion on What handgun have you carried the most in the last 30 days? update page 12 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CDW4ME If I could edit the title, I'd add update page 12 Looked back over all the replies and attempted to tally ...

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1214Likes

Thread: What handgun have you carried the most in the last 30 days? update page 12

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    If I could edit the title, I'd add update page 12

Looked back over all the replies and attempted to tally the responses:
    Pocket size (642, LCP, G43) = 32
    Compact (Glock 26/33/30, Shield) = 31
    Duty (Glock 19, Sig 229, 1911) = 42

I'm surprised that so many (about 70%) reported carrying something bigger than a pocket gun the most often.

I'm back to my Glock 22 today, "duty" size in a man's caliber. @OD*
    Why be surprised by that? I for one; don't carry pocket guns whatsoever. Just not my thing! But, at least it works for some!
    OD*, CDW4ME, Pete63 and 1 others like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    Why be surprised by that? I for one; don't carry pocket guns whatsoever. Just not my thing! But, at least it works for some!
    More likely to have to "dress around" something bigger than a pocket gun, whether that is a tuckable holster or untucked shirt.
    I posted the 1st pic in OP in a prior thread and was scolded by a few members of the fashion police for having my shirt untucked.
    A few outspoken people may skew ones perspective; a person might incorrectly deduce that a majority of members mostly carry pocket guns.
    So yea, its a bit of a surprise to me that about 70% of replies say they have been carrying bigger than a pocket gun.

An interesting thread would be: Post a pic of wearing your typical (representative) attire while carrying for current/past month.
    Wear an outfit that reflects the majority of how you dressed (or had to, work attire) while concealing your most carried handgun.
    Like this thread, it would give perspective, be interesting.
    I'm lacking the fortitude to start such a thread, my morale is disinclined to suffer a locked thread on a potentially contentious topic.
    Pete63, Militant and Old Man like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Fashion police got after you for being untucked? I am always untucked unless I need to be tucked.

Start the new thread, I dare you.....
    CDW4ME and CLASS3NH like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    More likely to have to "dress around" something bigger than a pocket gun, whether that is a tuckable holster or untucked shirt.
    I posted the 1st pic in OP in a prior thread and was scolded by a few members of the fashion police for having my shirt untucked.
    A few outspoken people may skew ones perspective; a person might incorrectly deduce that a majority of members mostly carry pocket guns.
    So yea, its a bit of a surprise to me that about 70% of replies say they have been carrying bigger than a pocket gun.

An interesting thread would be: Post a pic of wearing your typical (representative) attire while carrying for current/past month.
    Wear an outfit that reflects the majority of how you dressed (or had to, work attire) while concealing your most carried handgun.
    Like this thread, it would give perspective, be interesting.
    I'm lacking the fortitude to start such a thread, my morale is disinclined to suffer a locked thread on a potentially contentious topic.
    I gotcha!

Well, let me help you with your new thread project. No pocket stuff for me. Here is what I typically carry...1911

msgt/ret, mhl6493, OD* and 5 others like this.

"I'm lacking the fortitude to start such a thread, my morale is disinclined to suffer a locked thread on a potentially contentious topic. " @CDW4ME

I don't think it was that contentious, man. I just think it was your implied attitude (in a previous thread) that anyone who wears an untucked shirt has no reason not to carry two or three full-size guns around. I'm being facetious here and tongue-in-cheek, but that is kinda how it came off.
    G-man*, msgt/ret and mhl6493 like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Agree with you 100%, never been a fan of pocket carry. Untucked button down shirt or maybe a sweat shirt in winter time. OWB carry my Glock 19 in a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard during the Spring, Fall, and Winter. During the Summer, or when I need/want more concealment I'll switch to an IWB holster (usually my Sparks SSII or Comp Tac CTAC or MTAC).

If, more concealment is warranted, I'll use my "I'm not carrying a gun" gun, that role is currently filled by either my Glock 42 or S&W Model 38 Bodyguard (the original bodyguard). I really like the 42, but find that the snubby is more versatile for different methods of carry.
    Militant, CDW4ME and Old Man like this.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    "I'm lacking the fortitude to start such a thread, my morale is disinclined to suffer a locked thread on a potentially contentious topic. " @CDW4ME

I don't think it was that contentious, man. I just think it was your implied attitude (in a previous thread) that anyone who wears an untucked shirt has no reason not to carry two or three full-size guns around. I'm being facetious here and tongue-in-cheek, but that is kinda how it came off.
    Exactly. I could give a s:)$ what anyone choose to carry, or how.

But dont try to make it like anyone who chooses other options is somehow in the wrong or less just because they donít share your views or everyday reality.

And thatís exactly how it started. No need for the pity party, or trying to turn it around.
    Militant and Wavygravy like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

I was one of those that posted a full size duty gun as my primary, that is because I typically open carry when possible. From my diminutive snub all the way to my full size. Which is not to say that the full size would be impossible to carry concealed right now, but doing so comfortably without printing could be more of a challenge.

Please forgive the hotel bathroom picture, Iím on the road currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

I gotcha!

Well, let me help you with your new thread project. No pocket stuff for me. Here is what I typically carry...1911

And that is the beauty to me of carrying a 1911. Yes, it can be a little heavy as an EDC, and itís certainly not going to work with everyoneís particular attire or circumstances. But with a good holster and belt, it sure does carry high and tight with itís thin profile.
    Militant, msgt/ret and Old Man like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mhl6493 View Post
    And that is the beauty to me of carrying a 1911. Yes, it can be a little heavy as an EDC, and itís certainly not going to work with everyoneís particular attire or circumstances. But with a good holster and belt, it sure does carry high and tight with itís thin profile.
    Agreed!

Due to my build and height of 6'1, the weight of my 1911 (or any of my polymer .45's) doesn't bother me whatsoever. I actually enjoy the weight and heftiness of my .45's in general. Although I have both, I prefer my .45's over my 9mm's.
    mhl6493, CDW4ME and ca survivor like this.

Kimber Micro 9 Nightfall, usually with the 7 or 8 round magazine (7 in the picture).

What handgun have you carried the most in the last 30 days? update page 12-2-1-4-.jpg

I'm thinking...45 Colt or .410 slugs?

How about both!

excellent for my now rural setting.

Do like my PPk/s for Boise:)
    sparkyfender and Old Man like this.

Gen4 G26 gets the nod for me, carried AIWB in a T- Rex Sidecar, with a 15 rd. spare mag.

CDW4ME, Militant, OD* and 2 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ďExperience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyrannyĒ
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Exactly. I could give a s:)$ what anyone choose to carry, or how.

But dont try to make it like anyone who chooses other options is somehow in the wrong or less just because they donít share your views or everyday reality.

And thatís exactly how it started. No need for the pity party, or trying to turn it around.

I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Sig 229 Legion SAO. But, itís getting hotter. So it will probably change to my SA XDS.

Old Man and sparkyfender like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links