Kimber K6s not for Pocket Carry - Page 2

Kimber K6s not for Pocket Carry

This is a discussion on Kimber K6s not for Pocket Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Of the pistols you listed, the Glock 43 would be my 1st pick. If I had to choose between 7 rounds of 380 or 5 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Kimber K6s not for Pocket Carry

Of the pistols you listed, the Glock 43 would be my 1st pick.

If I had to choose between 7 rounds of 380 or 5 rounds 38 special - I did before and it was 380.
    https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/sel...llistic-tests/
    If I had to wear dress pants and a tucked-in shirt (God forbid) I'd prefer one of these two loads in that 380
    Both loads penetrated at least 12'' after heavy clothing and consistently expanded in Lucky Gunner testing
    Hornady Critical Defense 90 gr. FTX 13.2''/.52
    Sig V-Crown 90 gr. 12.8''/.51
    Old Man and Glocking26 like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

I find my limit on pocket carry comfort is about 20 oz empty weight.

And, 15-17 oz is better. (Lcr or 442)

My 431pd is my lightest at 13.3 oz empty -- and I forget it's in my pocket
    Old Man likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Chief1297's Avatar
    That's why I went LCR 38...the only time I carry it is when I am wearing clothes that wont support my 1911. In these cases, I need something very light but something I could trust. The weight was why I went with the 38 versus the 357 version of the LCR....The 38 is 13.5 oz and the 357 is over 17 ozs. I have had limited luck with tiny autos as far as reliability. I do like the K6's 6 shot capability but I cant imagine setting one off in a vehicle or small room.
    Old Man likes this.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    Kimber K6s not for Pocket Carry
    It certainly would not be for me, not even close.

However, what I have come to accept - grudgingly - is that there is very nearly no pistol that someone here does not identify as being a "pocket carry" option. The handguns that pass as "pocket carry" used to surprise me.......no more. Uncle. I get it. Some people apparently just have much, much bigger pockets and belts and immunity to weight than I do.

Admittedly, for me, I can't see much past an LCP as a comfortable daily pocket carry. But history on these forums has shown me, what is a "pocket gun" is solely in the eye of the holder.
    Wavygravy, Old Man and Henry9008 like this.

I've tried a lot of stuff to replace my pocket carry piece. I keep coming right back to my old Smith 642. The Ruger KLCR comes close, but the 642 always wins out.
    Old Man and scottync like this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

I don't even like my keys in my front pocket
    CAS_Shooter and Rockymonster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    I have an Alabama pocket holster for my k6s and find it to be very comfortable in jeans, but I can't imagine trying to pocket carry it with dress slacks. I personally wouldn't pocket carry anything more than 15 or so ounces in dress slacks, but then, I don't wear slacks anymore, so I ain't gotta worry about that. I can pocket carry anything up to around 30 ounces in jeans with no problem. It's just a matter of getting use to the weight. I pocket carried my sp101 for years (27.5 ounces). Although here lately, I've mostly been carrying it sort of cross draw.

Your right, the K6S is a mighty fine revolver, I love mine. I put some wood grips on mine to make it more carry friendly.
    I like those wood grips. Are they Altamont? I don't carry appendix, so If I'm going to carry IWB or OWB it will be at 4 o'clock.

Yes sir, they are Altamont.
    Old Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post

However, what I have come to accept - grudgingly - is that there is very nearly no pistol that someone here does not identify as being a "pocket carry" option. The handguns that pass as "pocket carry" used to surprise me.......no more. Uncle. I get it. Some people apparently just have much, much bigger pockets and belts and immunity to weight than I do.
    Pockets? I ain't got nothin' in my pockets....
    Old Man, drmordo and G26Raven like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    I've pocket carried similar size and weight guns (mostly my Taurus 445 44 SPL), but not in slacks. My uniform pants and cargo shorts are a lot more forgiving than slacks...
    Old Man and Chief1297 like this.

I have some of these pants, Cabela's 7 pocket hiker, the small pocket added directly over the front pocket is an asset to breaking outline.
    If I worked where business casual but with shirt tucked was required (and carry not illegal) pants like those be 1st pick for pocket carry.
    Smart carry would work okay with those type pants too, maybe pleated dress pants, doable to add a Shield or Kahr P9 with that pocket gun.

drmordo likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post

Admittedly, for me, I can't see much past an LCP as a comfortable daily pocket carry. But history on these forums has shown me, what is a "pocket gun" is solely in the eye of the holder.
    On a whim, I found that my Defender (.45 ACP) fits nicely in the pocket-carry holster for the P365. And it's not too bad in the pocket, either. So I could 'conceivably' use the Defender as a BUG. My thoughts, however, is that if I feel that I need to bring 8 rounds of .45 as a back-up (In addition to perhaps 22 rounds of .45 with primary), perhaps I shouldn't be going there in the first place... But it IS available.
    drmordo likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links