Sig P365XL is now shipping - Page 2

Sig P365XL is now shipping

This is a discussion on Sig P365XL is now shipping within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MMinSC Or you could choose the barrel length you like better and buy a grip module from the other model. I want ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Sig P365XL is now shipping

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    Or you could choose the barrel length you like better and buy a grip module from the other model. I want the slightly longer barrel, flat X-series trigger and optic cut(so XL for me), but I will definitely pick up the smaller 365 grip module.
    This is pretty much my thinking as well.
    MMinSC likes this.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I'm not interested. For me -- the whole point of the P365 is the smaller size and higher capacity than the other "micro" 9s. I don't need another bigger 9. That's just my preference/needs.
    Good move on Sig's part to come out with this, however. Obviously there is a market for it!
    Same here. We each individually need to find that sweet spot between size, weight, caliber, capacity, threat, and comfort. It allowed me to go from 7 to 12+1 rounds with no increase in size, and only a marginal increase in weight. I have no desire to go back to carrying a larger 9mm as the standard P365 hits my sweet spot. I feel the same way about the P365 MS as it adds a feature for which personally I have no use. I'm just glad there are options now for those that desire/need them.
    deadguy and Wavygravy like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

And for those that think 9mm is too snappy in these micro pistols, Sig has you covered:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-air-pistol.html
    zonker1986 likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

From what I've been reading and seeing, the XL has an even better trigger than the original...and has eliminated the 'primer swipe' and inconsistent ejection issues.
    Extremely flat shooting.
    I'm definitely interested in this pistol. Going to wait a little for the smoke to clear...and perhaps...for prices to drop.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    From what I've been reading and seeing, the XL has an even better trigger than the original...and has eliminated the 'primer swipe' and inconsistent ejection issues.
    Extremely flat shooting.
    I'm definitely interested in this pistol. Going to wait a little for the smoke to clear...and perhaps...for prices to drop.
    I just visited a small local shop to fondle the original 365 for a bit, hoping it would help me with my decision. Nope. Made it worse.

I did ask the gentleman to call me if/when they received the XL. No idea how long that will take as the local Cabelas and Academy neither have one nor have they gotten one in yet.

Howdy!

I was very interested in the P365XL as I though it came with the 15 round magazines and it the slide was premilled for optics. Now that I read it comes with 12 round magazines and you can purchase the 15 round magazines for it I regress. I have been carrying the P365 now for a year as my EDC. I like it very much and have several 12 round magazines for it that I carry. I have also ordered a few 15 round magazines for it. I will in the next few months send it off to GallowayPrecision to have it milled for mounting a Shield RMSc or the new Romeo Zero. Not much out on the new Romeo Zero other than a very high price tag.

“Happy Trails”
    Chiefneon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefneon View Post
    Howdy!

I was very interested in the P365XL as I though it came with the 15 round magazines and it the slide was premilled for optics. Now that I read it comes with 12 round magazines and you can purchase the 15 round magazines for it I regress. I have been carrying the P365 now for a year as my EDC. I like it very much and have several 12 round magazines for it that I carry. I have also ordered a few 15 round magazines for it. I will in the next few months send it off to GallowayPrecision to have it milled for mounting a Shield RMSc or the new Romeo Zero. Not much out on the new Romeo Zero other than a very high price tag.

“Happy Trails”
    Chiefneon
    Romeo Zero MSRP is $199, so it will be less expensive than most other optics. I'm guessing $175 street price. I'd personally rather see a smaller Trijicon or Holosun model released that will fit the XL.

so SIG is copying the Glock 48 now? I like my 365 for what it is.....a small, concealable handgun. If I want a skinny single stack...............

MMinSC and spclopr8tr like this.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    so SIG is copying the Glock 48 now? I like my 365 for what it is.....a small, concealable handgun. If I want a skinny single stack...............

You have all the toys!

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post

I have skinny single stacks too but what I don't have is a 13 round double stack that is the same width.

Good looking collection BTW.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    Anyone here picked up the 365 XL, and if so, your impressions?
    MMinSC likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links