Sig P365XL is now shipping

This is a discussion on Sig P365XL is now shipping within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a bit excited about this one. Having shot the 365 and being surprised at how well it shoots and handles, I think the XL ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Sig P365XL is now shipping

VIP Member

I'm a bit excited about this one. Having shot the 365 and being surprised at how well it shoots and handles, I think the XL will be even better. With the width being the same and an option for an optic, it may fill my need for a smaller CCW. Having found out that the smaller 365 grip module will fit the XL slide makes it even more appealing.

Osage County Guns has several comparison pics at the end of this post showing the two together with different mag combinations.
    https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog...sauer-p365-xl/
    MMinSC, Rabbit212, OD* and 4 others like this.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for the link. What I hadn't seen written about on the XL, that does show up in the photos, is the addition of a bit of a tail to the grip.
    MMinSC, deadguy and Bad Bob like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Thanks for the heads up, but I think I will stay with the P365 no XL for me.
    ETXhiker likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

My XL is a 228...
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Thanks for the link. What I hadn't seen written about on the XL, that does show up in the photos, is the addition of a bit of a tail to the grip.
    Yeah, the magwell addition. This is the only difference in width between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Yeah, the magwell addition. This is the only difference in width between the two.
    I took it that he meant "beavertail" as there is definitely a beavertail on the XL which is absent on the regular flavored 365. And yes the magwell area is different between the two.
    deadguy and Wavygravy like this.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    We just got the XL in this week at the shop. I DO like the beavertail, it is also set-up for an MOS. Both nice features. I haven't got to shoot it yet. We only have 2 and both are for sale. I will report back when I get yto.
    Litespeed, deadguy and MMinSC like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Litespeed View Post
    I took it that he meant "beavertail" as there is definitely a beavertail on the XL which is absent on the regular flavored 365. And yes the magwell area is different between the two.
    Yes, I think you're right. I missed that.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
    We just got the XL in this week at the shop. I DO like the beavertail, it is also set-up for an MOS. Both nice features. I haven't got to shoot it yet. We only have 2 and both are for sale. I will report back when I get yto.
    If i find one locally, I have cash ready to take it home.

I am excited about this pistol too. The 365 is great, but I really enjoy my 938 as a pocket pistol and 3 extra rounds was not enough to make me switch. The XL I think will be great for me though as an easy to carry IWB pistol with standard compact capacity. Since I do not need another gun the size of the 365, the 365XL will give me more of a full size pistol( yet very slim) that I can carry frequently.

I had not thought about the ability to swap out for the regular 365 grip module. Another plus for me. I like being able to switch out the grip modules on my 320 depending on attire.

I imagine the XL will sell very well for Sig. The 365 offered a very nice trigger, ergos and sights with more capacity than competing sub compact single stacks. Now the XL is offering those features to compete with double stack compact size pistols but easier to carry.
    Denverjay, Litespeed and deadguy like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

I've been holding out on my P365 purchase until I get a hands-on with the XL. It seems prudent to check out the new offering given the advantage of longer barrel and more capacity. I also like the idea of a somewhat longer grip.
    flintlock62, MMinSC and Chief1297 like this.

Distinguished Member
    I'm not interested. For me -- the whole point of the P365 is the smaller size and higher capacity than the other "micro" 9s. I don't need another bigger 9. That's just my preference/needs.
    Good move on Sig's part to come out with this, however. Obviously there is a market for it!
    spclopr8tr likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    I've been holding out on my P365 purchase until I get a hands-on with the XL. It seems prudent to check out the new offering given the advantage of longer barrel and more capacity. I also like the idea of a somewhat longer grip.
    Me too. I think this will make a great AIWB that will be easy to carry no matter the weather. The longer barrel will only have positives for the way I will carry it, so no buyers remorse for that feature. The longer grip I will like. If it does get a little inconvenient during the 115 degree heat index days, the shorter 365 grip and 10 round mag can easily be used instead. Really no downside at all for me to choose the XL. Give up the pocket carry option for sure but I do not need a gun for that anyway.

I guess one potential downside is that I would probably end up spending more and buying a J-point optic as well. Nice thing about that is they are low enough that they often co-witness with stock sights. I know they do with XDS pistols when cut, so we will see.
    flintlock62 and deadguy like this.

When I first heard about the XL, I thought I would pass. I have a p320 and a couple of pocketable guns, but I intended to get a 365 just cause it packs 10 rounds in the space of the same real estate as my PPS or Kahr. Now I am thinking I need both the standard 365 amd the XL.
    deadguy, Rambler and MMinSC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    When I first heard about the XL, I thought I would pass. I have a p320 and a couple of pocketable guns, but I intended to get a 365 just cause it packs 10 rounds in the space of the same real estate as my PPS or Kahr. Now I am thinking I need both the standard 365 amd the XL.
    Or you could choose the barrel length you like better and buy a grip module from the other model. I want the slightly longer barrel, flat X-series trigger and optic cut(so XL for me), but I will definitely pick up the smaller 365 grip module.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links