The S&W Bodyguard is out of service - Page 4

The S&W Bodyguard is out of service

This is a discussion on The S&W Bodyguard is out of service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; @ glockman10mm and @ drmordo : FWIW, my BG 380 bought new about 7 months ago has a metal mag release....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: The S&W Bodyguard is out of service

@glockman10mm and @drmordo : FWIW, my BG 380 bought new about 7 months ago has a metal mag release.
    OldChap and drmordo like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    @glockman10mm and @drmordo: FWIW, my BG 380 bought new about 7 months ago has a metal mag release.
    Well hopefully when mine comes back, that’s what it will have.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Well hopefully when mine comes back, that’s what it will have.
    I expect you have read my story of my "rescue" of my BG. My daughter bought it when they were first released. It literally came apart (take down lever failed IIRC) and she sent it back. They replaced the lever, but she had some other failures. I wasn't with her when they happened. She later asked me if I wanted it since she was just considering trashing it. Long story short, I sent it back to Smith and they eventually just sent an entirely new gun. This one has been flawless. I trust my life to it every day.

If you guys ever get to feeling like your little 380 is not up to snuff, I'll be happy to let you fondle my Lorcin. I promise you that experience will cure your woes!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Yes, there is an anodized aircraft grade Aluminum magazine release available for the Bodyguard.
    OldChap, PhaedrusIV and Pete63 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have had a sig 232 .380 that I have had for a long time and put maybe 1,000 rounds through it. Never had a malfunction and it shoots well. I have no trouble with carrying it as a BG or pocket carry. I usually carry a 9mm or a .40 but the dig makes a nice BG. I just can’t get thrilled about polymers.
    Tstone and 5lima30ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I think I have moved on from the j frames. The smaller flatter profile of the auto just rides better in my pocket.
    That's quite a turnaround for you. Good on you for keeping an open mind. I remember quite a few roundy-rounds where you were adamant that you saw no need for anything smaller than a J frame.
    G-man* and Pete63 like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Shot 2 mags out of mine and it went back in the safe. Not a fan. Sig 238 and 938 spoiled me.
    hfjeff likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    That's quite a turnaround for you. Good on you for keeping an open mind. I remember quite a few roundy-rounds where you were adamant that you saw no need for anything smaller than a J frame.
    Been a lot of things I have had to rethink.
    Old Man, deadguy, 10thmtn and 4 others like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

That's the exact reason why I made my own aluminum magazine catch for my Kel Tec P-32. It has been flawless.
    PhaedrusIV and Pete63 like this.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

Distinguished Member Array Chief1297's Avatar
    I've given my opinion about small autos enough. Bottom line, I don't trust them. If I have to carry small, my lcr .38 is my choice or my walther PPS M2.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    Shot 2 mags out of mine and it went back in the safe. Not a fan. Sig 238 and 938 spoiled me.
    Its not a favorite for me, but meets my standards a damn sight better than a pocket gun with a safety, or a striker gun with no safety.
    PhaedrusIV and Pete63 like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    Its not a favorite for me, but meets my standards a damn sight better than a pocket gun with a safety, or a striker gun with no safety.
    So bring us up to date G-Man. Did Smith & Wesson resolve the issue on your 380 Bodyguard to your satisfaction? (Mine has developed a similar issue of dropping mags)

Quote Originally Posted by OakBluff View Post
    So bring us up to date G-Man. Did Smith & Wesson resolve the issue on your 380 Bodyguard to your satisfaction? (Mine has developed a similar issue of dropping mags)
    Yes and no.

The magazine stays put when firing, but I still have a magazine that fails to engage with the slide lock on the last round.

It doesn’t get a lot of use these days anyway, but it reliably fires, so it’s still on the as needed rotation.

About the only 2 handguns that I really have confidence in are my Colt 1911’s and Glocks.
    5lima30ret, matthew03 and airslot like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

The problems with little guns. You run them hard, just like you do big guns in your frequency of training. They just can't take the battering your Glocks and Colts can.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    The problems with little guns. You run them hard, just like you do big guns in your frequency of training. They just can't take the battering your Glocks and Colts can.
    Unfortunately I think this is the reality. Much smaller than a compact and I start having issues when the round count gets up there. I try and run my carry guns pretty hard but, I don't abuse them. I just run them dirty and hot some days. The Pico I have had so much confidence in after 2 years gave me 2 FTE's the other day out of 3 mags. Same ammo I always use,etc. That is not a failure rate I can tolerate. Except for my trusty snub nosed 38's I have kind of soured on "two finger guns" for lack of a better size term.

Some exceptions to the 2 finger thing of course like the G26/27, HK VP/P30 sk's etc.
    G-man*, airslot and matthew03 like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links