Best price for Ruger LCR-38?

This is a discussion on Best price for Ruger LCR-38? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm getting more interested in these guns the more I read and more reviews I see on videos, including Hitchcock45. My LGS can get me ...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By Kilowatt3
  • 1 Post By wmhawth
  • 1 Post By jmf552
  • 1 Post By jmf552
  • 3 Post By entertainment72
  • 4 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 2 Post By Wavygravy
  • 3 Post By 1gunsnowbird
  • 1 Post By drmordo

Thread: Best price for Ruger LCR-38?

Senior Member Array 1gunsnowbird's Avatar

I'm getting more interested in these guns the more I read and more reviews I see on videos, including Hitchcock45. My LGS can get me one, out the door, for about $495. I've seen some in the $425 range and wondered if there were some to be had at a better price.
    Gumfighter - Big bubbles, no troubles. Hubba Bubba bubble gum

VIP Member
    Bud's has the LCRx for $379, LCR for $391. Free shipping.
    1gunsnowbird and MMinSC like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Paid $395 for mine plus tax and background check of course. If you shop you can probably find one somewhere in that price range.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I bought a used one that was like new. I would not hesitate to do so again. Those come up from time to time.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

jmf - can I ask how much you paid for the used gun?

Sorry, I donít remember and it would take me while to find the receipt. Also it was a while ago and it has the CT laser, so it wouldnít be comparable. If I were you, Iíd find comps online. My only point is that itís a gun that I would not hesitate to buy used. There are some I would.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

You can do a lot better on Gunbroker. With patience and scouring for a deal you can get them as low as $250 after standard shipping and FFL transfer fees. Ruger has such great customer service I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used one.

$210 used https://www.gunbroker.com/item/811198940

$265 NIB https://www.gunbroker.com/item/813668535

IMO $495 is getting ripped off

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    IMO $495 is getting ripped off
    I have found in the past that I can often (not always!) get guns on line for less than my dealer's wholesale cost. When that happened in the past the lgs had no problem with me ordering it and paying them only their minimal transfer fee. The particular dealer I'm referring to always showed us the screen from the supplier on his computer. We know he is honest, but open and honest is best, and that he has always been. I have had him order several guns for me, so sometimes he can do better for me than I can do on line.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    I have found in the past that I can often (not always!) get guns on line for less than my dealer's wholesale cost. When that happened in the past the lgs had no problem with me ordering it and paying them only their minimal transfer fee. The particular dealer I'm referring to always showed us the screen from the supplier on his computer. We know he is honest, but open and honest is best, and that he has always been. I have had him order several guns for me, so sometimes he can do better for me than I can do on line.
    +2 with my LGS. They'll look up their price if I come in with an online deal. If they can't sell it to me for less than the price + the $30 transfer fee, I can order it online and pay 'em the $30 no problem. They usually make me a deal, though.
    5lima30ret and Instymp like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

My LGS is a home-based FFL dealer who charges only $10 for a transfer, which is how I found him about 7-8 years ago. Not only do I buy guns and ammo from him at a competitive price, but he became my sponsor for IDPA and BUG matches about three years ago Ö so he provides me with free ammo for matches. Gotta love a guy like that, and patronize him whenever I can reasonably do so.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    I've seen them on CDNN for $300 + shipping, but I think they have sold out. Normal new price seems to be around $400 w/ shipping.

Personally, I'd hold out for a good deal on gunbroker. and subscribe to CDNN's mailing list just in case they get more.

I'll add that I love my LCR327 and pocket carry it very frequently. The trigger starts off a bit gritty, but 1000 dry fires and a drop of lube in the side as per the manual smooths the trigger right out and lowers the weight a bit, too.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.

Sponsored Links