Speed of presentation vs accuracy: What is the most important to you - Page 7

Speed of presentation vs accuracy: What is the most important to you

This is a discussion on Speed of presentation vs accuracy: What is the most important to you within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm Yes, obviously. So what you're seeing is exactly what was being asked of him. Pushing speed to develop the proprioceptors. You ...

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Speed of presentation vs accuracy: What is the most important to you

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Yes, obviously.
    So what you're seeing is exactly what was being asked of him. Pushing speed to develop the proprioceptors. You don't gain speed staying in your comfort zone, you have to push past that.

I explained in several past threads how I learned to gain speed, pushing past comfort zone and not worrying about hits at that time. Once the speed is developed further on only needs to throttle it back slightly and the hits are then more COM, but one has gained speed.

He's just being pushed for speed, ignoring score in that video. So in that clip speed counts, not hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Three hits in slightly over one second, all keepers. I fail to see the shortcomings.
    Hey, if you are satisfied with that, Im happy for ya man.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    So what you're seeing is exactly what was being asked of him. Pushing speed to develop the proprioceptors. You don't gain speed staying in your comfort zone, you have to push past that.

I explained in several past threads how I learned to gain speed, pushing past comfort zone and not worrying about hits at that time. Once the speed is developed further on only needs to throttle it back slightly and the hits are then more COM, but one has gained speed.
    All I can say is, that if that is acceptable for you and your students, then cool.

But it is not for me.

Heres another video that leaves me scratching my head.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

All I can say is, that if that is acceptable for you and your students, then cool.

But it is not for me.

Heres another video that leaves me scratching my head.
    Acceptable speed on a speed draw exercise? absolutely

The other vid? Not my course nor students, nor can I see hits on any of those targets to make judgement.

Acceptable speed on a speed draw exercise? absolutely

The other vid? Not my course nor students, nor can I see hits on any of those targets to make judgement.
    Uh, yeah. They speak for themselves.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

What ever happened to avoiding the situation if at all possible?

This is starting to sound like letting the threat get within 6 paces and draw.
    Cornhusker95 and dennis40x like this.
    "Anyone who will tear down sports will tear down America.
    Sports and Religion have made America what it is today. -- Woody Hayes"

Quote Originally Posted by mck1975 View Post

Well, because avoidance is another topic. This thread is about beyond avoidance.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by mck1975 View Post

6 paces is 18 feet. I didn't have the advantage of 6 paces, the opponents chose the distance.

Post 60, claiming to use flash sight picture shooting.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...sight-picture/

As the decision is made to fire, the pistol should already be in the line of sight.

https://gunbelts.com/blog/how-to-use...handgun-sight/

The way Cooper taught it is to bring the pistol to bear on the target. As the pistol comes up to the line of sight, focus on the front sight.

3:05, guns at lower lip level second shot
    3:05 guns at upper lip level, 3rd shot.

No flash sight picture used in that video as purported according to the man who developed it, and another well heeled law dog in Jim Wilson.. Neither hit was made at eye level, thus what we witnessed couldn't possibly be flash sight picture.

flh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Three hits in slightly over one second, all keepers. I fail to see the shortcomings.
    Mike is this you training with Brownie ?
    Mike1956 likes this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Post 60, claiming to use flash sight picture shooting.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...sight-picture/

As the decision is made to fire, the pistol should already be in the line of sight.

https://gunbelts.com/blog/how-to-use...handgun-sight/

The way Cooper taught it is to bring the pistol to bear on the target. As the pistol comes up to the line of sight, focus on the front sight.

3:05, guns at lower lip level second shot
    3:05 guns at upper lip level, 3rd shot.

No flash sight picture used in that video as purported according to the man who developed it, and another well heeled law dog in Jim Wilson.. Neither hit was made at eye level, thus what we witnessed couldn't possibly be flash sight picture.
    I think the videos I posted speak for themselves, lol.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

I think the videos I posted speak for themselves, lol.
    Yup, not fist sized groups which you demand of your groups nor the skills you claimed to be using. It speaks volumes to those with an eye for detail./ The way Cooper taught it is to bring the pistol to bear on the target. As the pistol comes up to the line of sight, focus on the front sight. .

So we've established based on the originators "how to" of flash sight picture you weren't using that skill as you stated, just what skill were you using if the sights weren't at line of sight? Surely you're not going to continue to claim you used flash sight picture, or are you?

As the group is obviously not fist sized as you require of yourself relative accuracy, per your own postings, you must be very disappointed in your performance.

Well, because avoidance is another topic. This thread is about beyond avoidance.
    Well then I'm out of line and will leave the post.
    "Anyone who will tear down sports will tear down America.
    Sports and Religion have made America what it is today. -- Woody Hayes"

Yup, not fist sized groups which you demand of your groups nor the skills you claimed to be using. It speaks volumes to those with an eye for detail./
    Well the things is, we can have both; repeatable accuracy and speed. There is a very good reason that it is not taught by reputable mainstream schools.

Another thing is, there is nothing to it. Anyone can learn to stand in front of a target and make holes with no special instruction, especially those who have a good fundamental base established.

Where the problem lay with the the point/threat focused style of shooting is the need to get the elbow locked in and the arm straight. It does not lend itself well to transitioning that is required in real situations that are fluid in nature. If your body is out of whack, and you don’t get locked in, or the target is not where you are use to it being, your shots will be errant.

Add in the adrenaline dump, and it’s just not a good skill to rely on.

Like I stated earlier, there is a reason that the main stream schools and organizations do not teach this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

As the group is obviously not fist sized as you require of yourself relative accuracy, per your own postings, you must be very disappointed in your performance.
    Nope. But I would be disappointed to pay good money and not do any better than I have seen with what you are selling to people.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links