Speed of presentation vs accuracy: What is the most important to you - Page 8

Speed of presentation vs accuracy: What is the most important to you

This is a discussion on Speed of presentation vs accuracy: What is the most important to you within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm Well the things is, we can have both; repeatable accuracy and speed. There is a very good reason that it is ...

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Speed of presentation vs accuracy: What is the most important to you

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Well the things is, we can have both; repeatable accuracy and speed. There is a very good reason that it is not taught by reputable mainstream schools.

Another thing is, there is nothing to it. Anyone can learn to stand in front of a target and make holes with no special instruction, especially those who have a good fundamental base established.

Where the problem lay with the the point/threat focused style of shooting is the need to get the elbow locked in and the arm straight. It does not lend itself well to transitioning that is required in real situations that are fluid in nature. If your body is out of whack, and you don’t get locked in, or the target is not where you are use to it being, your shots will be errant.

Add in the adrenaline dump, and it’s just not a good skill to rely on.

Like I stated earlier, there is a reason that the main stream schools and organizations do not teach this.
    And here I thought your response was going to explain what skill you were actually using and not more fluff that doesn't address the misinformation provided in the video relative skill used. Or at least address your poor larger than fist sized group you demand of yourself.

Seems to me, in the heat of the hachet job video, you forgot what skill you were supposed to be demonstrating and went to a just below line of sight skill. You couldn't possibly have been using flash sight picture at below line of sight.

What threat focused skill were you actually using? Looks more like threat focused Quick Kill, which has the gun EXACTLY at the level you've shot yours at in that video. You poo poo'd below line of sight, and then did just that in the video. I find that all quite interesting, to say the least.

Nope. But I would be disappointed to pay good money and not do any better than I have seen with what you are selling to people.
    Oh, you mean like Brenna who put twice the rounds into the threat in the same time you put 3 rounds? Her target showed just one 8 of several mags the rest all 9's/10's and X's? A 19 year old with one hour on the skill outclassed you, whose been shooting for decades.

Perhaps one day we'll find out what skill you were using as it sure wasn't what you purported it to be. you poo poo below line of sight and then end up shooting below line of sight,

Hey! How 'bout those Cubbies?
    svgheartland and ukcats like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Mike is this you training with Brownie ?
    I've trained with Brownie, but that is not me in the vid.
    flh likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    And here I thought your response was going to explain what skill you were actually using and not more fluff that doesn't address the misinformation provided in the video relative skill used. Or at least address your poor larger than fist sized group you demand of yourself.

Seems to me, in the heat of the hachet job video, you forgot what skill you were supposed to be demonstrating and went to a just below line of sight skill. You couldn't possibly have been using flash sight picture at below line of sight.

What threat focused skill were you actually using? Looks more like threat focused Quick Kill, which has the gun EXACTLY at the level you've shot yours at in that video. You poo poo'd below line of sight, and then did just that in the video. I find that all quite interesting, to say the least.
    Flash Sight Picture. Below the line , to a degree, you can still see the sight well enough. Below my peripheral I was using plain ol point shooting using to demonstrate how easy it is.

Yes, I can point shoot. The 2nd to the last shot demonstrates this. The last shot demonstrates that the front sight can be used just as fast with greater accuracy than point shooting.

Further, I demonstrated the ability to hit and be very accurate while actually moving with speed....using the flash sight picture. The 3 holes from the first fired from retention to the last, fired on the move and at least 5 yards away could be covered with a hand.....demonstrating the advantage to transitioning.

Unfortunately, your video of Brenna was falsely named “ sprint”. Or was that just more deception ? Her “ sprint” was more reminiscent of the “ Electric Slide” line dance routine than remotely resembling anything with real movement. Shame too. She has real potential and could use a good teacher to bring her around, lol

Also it further demonstrated the need to stay “ locked in to position” than an ability to transition from contact to movement.

So, I’ll leave it there, I know you need the last word, lol.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

She still put twice the rounds accurately on threat in the same time frame as you did. Now make a video like that one and move to your strong side, make the same number of hits in the same time with the same 10 ring accuracy as she did, several times, not just once. I'll be very impressed.

Funny thing is this thread has gone exactly like I thought it would.

Same bat time, same bat channel...
    OldVet and Cornhusker95 like this.
    Stay calm and listen to SKA!

Some of this is a straw man based on the assumption that one would always take hits if they are not the first one to get a shot off.
    Being able to access the firearm is proportional to speed of presentation, but not necessarily to shots on target. I carry AIWB because it is slightly faster than strong side, but also because it is more accessible from a seated position.

In my opinion this guy has it right, and has a proven track record.
    He swears a lot in all his his video's and the ferry part seems a little out there....But i have been waiting for this chance
    since a couple of my threads went a little haywire recently.....And i agree with his over all message and i was able to look past the
    way he said it at times.
    G-man* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mck1975 View Post
    What ever happened to avoiding the situation if at all possible?

This is starting to sound like letting the threat get within 6 paces and draw.
    We just skip those steps often...Not as exciting or cool to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Funny thing is this thread has gone exactly like I thought it would.

Same bat time, same bat channel...
    Hey...It takes the focus off my threads....Enjoyable reading none the less
    Mike1956 and graydude like this.

VIP Member
    Nope. But I would be disappointed to pay good money and not do any better than I have seen with what you are selling to people.
    The skills I've acquired and perfected based on Brownie's training are easily the best I've ever picked up from any single instructor. If you paid good money for the skills Brownie imparts, you would not be disappointed.
    Rick McC. likes this.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Hey...It takes the focus off my threads....Enjoyable reading none the less
    Lemme get over there and check out some of your threads.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.

Accuracy
    Cornhusker95 likes this.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Lemme get over there and check out some of your threads.
    You already have...But you are welcome to jump back in there....I know you check them even if you don't comment.
    It's flattering

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The skills I've acquired and perfected based on Brownie's training are easily the best I've ever picked up from any single instructor. If you paid good money for the skills Brownie imparts, you would not be disappointed.
    These are things I learned years ago, well before I began my career paths. I’m glad you are happy with what you have, but I find no usefulness to what is basically an archaic way of shooting which has long been surpassed.

Over the years I have found the MT to be a complete system that covers all the bases for me. As I have mentioned before, the only application that TFS has, is in situations where you are so close you cannot extend to use your sights, which is an opinion of which I am in very good company.

For its application, I believe TFS is easy to learn without special instruction, if one has a place to practice.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links