Thinking on getting a m206 for concealed carry (perhaps pocket carry somehow ) - Page 2

Thinking on getting a m206 for concealed carry (perhaps pocket carry somehow )

This is a discussion on Thinking on getting a m206 for concealed carry (perhaps pocket carry somehow ) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know about current pricing, but several of us carry the S&W Bodyguard 380 as a pocket / backup gun. I have had zero ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Thinking on getting a m206 for concealed carry (perhaps pocket carry somehow )

I don't know about current pricing, but several of us carry the S&W Bodyguard 380 as a pocket / backup gun. I have had zero issues and in fact, Mrs. OldChap and I both shoot it as well as any pistol we have out to 25 yards. It is impressive. IMHO it is just as good as the Sig 938 my daughter owns and about 1/3 the price. Here is one for $269:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/smit...er-109381.html

Rock Island is made in the Philippines. I'm told that their quality is good on more expensive 1911 type guns, but a little hit or miss on less expensive ones.
    Pete63 and drmordo like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

If the OP wants a cheap, off brand 6-shot revolver, the Taurus 856 also plays. Available in an aluminum frame and bobbed hammer for lighter weight and better concealment. Of course, this is going to bring out the standard chorus of Taurus hatred.

Having said that, I still think a smaller 9mm auto makes more sense.
    drmordo and hardluk1 like this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGurgeMan View Post
    So I've been looking for a smaller sized revolver in order to substantiate my glock 43x. Im planning on using the 43x for winter carry / when I have more than a t shirt on, and I'm looking for something that has almost 0 printing, and may possibly be pocket able. I'm in a college town at a left leaning college, so I don't think my classmates will like seeing me out around town with some printing going on. I have my ccw and everything, its just I don't want to cause issues. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Rock Island Armory m206, and if it was concealable at all (preferably appendix carry.) I'm still in college, so there is a budget constraint going on, hence why I'm not really looking into the airweights.

Here's a link to the gun. https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/rev...le-38-special/ You can get them around 250$, I don't know why this site lists them as so much more.

Sadly my campus is not a ccw supporting campus (Liberty university next door is) so all I can bring there is a 3 inch knife and some pepper spray.

The gun would be for out around town, there were just a few armed robberies in the last month, and a shooting in the parking lot of the walmart I frequent 2 months back. Dont know what has going on there, but its better to be prepared.

Or if there are any good snubbies that I've missed that are under or around the 300$ price range, that would be awesome if you could mention them. I'm a fan of the lcr, but the starting price is just a bit up there.
    Go with a J frame 5 shot LW 38. The RIA is a 6 shot and all steel [ heavier and larger for pocket carry ].
    maxwell97 and Melvin like this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Thinking on getting a m206 for concealed carry (perhaps pocket carry somehow )

I have several snub nosed revolvers including some that are approximately the size of the Armscor M206 (S&W model 10, Model 15 snubs, Rossi 461 snub).

The only snub noses that I routinely pocket carry are J frames.
    My favorite is my 642 Airweight in 38 sp. +p
    The others are fun to shoot but they’re heavy for pocket carry.

I would look for one used, or a Ruger LCR for pocket carry.

Lots of folks suggesting small semi autos. I have an LCP, Sig P238, Beretta Tomcat, Walter Ppk, Keltec P32 and a Seecamp In 32.

I love them all but I carry the frame revolver the most. It is by far the most reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Melvin likes this.

Used J frame Airweight, or maybe a new Charter Arms. No experience with RIA cylinder guns, other than holding them in a shop. They struck me as a little too rough, for me to be confident in......
    Melvin and Haywood like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Go with a J frame 5 shot LW 38. The RIA is a 6 shot and all steel [ heavier and larger for pocket carry ].
    And they can be had for not much more than $300, used or on sale.
    AzQkr and Haywood like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

I would rather carry a SCCY cpx-2 or kt p-11 than a ria snubby . Atleast the P-11 can use s&w 59 mags for higher cap back up . Fill it full of standard velocity 124 or147gr hst or Winchester 147gr ranger t series

You should be able to find a used S&W Airweight or Ruger LCR for a good price. Check the used counters of local shops and pawn shops.

If you want new, and are on a tight budget, I’d go with a S&W Bodyguard 38.

SMGA has S&W 642s for $299. Save up a little more and buy a decent quality piece.
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    I usually either pocket carry a LCP or S&W 442, both in a kydex holster. Neither print. I like revolvers, and while I might own an M206 one day, I wouldn't carry it. They seem to be described not as "good" but as, "good for the price". If this is a pricing issue, I'd very much suggest saving up a bit more and at least getting a Taurus 85/856 or a used airweight. I've seen a local store and some places online recently selling the S&W 642 for $299.

Thinking on getting a m206 for concealed carry (perhaps pocket carry somehow )-image.jpeg

My Charter Arms Goldfinger has a Aluminum frame , I replaced the DA/SA hammer with a DAO hammer , replaced the great , but big stock rubber grips , with custom polymer grip panels .. The gun weighs 12oz maybe less .. .. makes a great pocket carry ..I keep it loaded with Hornady 110gr FTX standard pressure... Keeps it light , and light recoiling & according to gel tests , it works ....
    WC145 likes this.

But if you want more bang with a pocket revovler... U can go Big Bore ,44Spl ,and still be pocket friendly

Charter Boomer .. Mine weighs 17oz with vintage checkered wooden grip panels

Thinking on getting a m206 for concealed carry (perhaps pocket carry somehow )-image.jpeg
    drmordo likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links